Chapter 10: Besties

Rainy Day Romance

Kai's POV

I haven't seen or talked to Charlotte since Valentine's day, I just didn't want to. 

She had a car so stopped taking the bus so I never got to see her anymore. 

I was in the supermarket with my mother when I seen her reaching for some cereal on a high shelf. 

I watch her struggle and decide to go help her, I mean I couldn't be mad she was in love with her fiance. 

"Need some help?" I say and grab the box fo cereal for her. 

"Thanks, you came right on time" she tells me as she throws it in her cart.

"I haven't seen you in a while, I've been waiting to hear about your date with that girl" 

"It didn't turn out so well, she stood me up" I lie. 

"What? Wow you put yourself out there and got hurt, well that girl doesn't know what she's missing" she says and I smile a little. 

I ask about her Valentine's day even though I obviously knew what happened, but it was worth seeing her face light up.

"Oh and I got a car! So no more bus for me, not that I didn't like riding it with you" she grins at me.

"Well now I know who to call if I'm ever stranded"

Right as she was about to say something, my mother calls for me and I go with her to the checkout line.

"See you around I guess" I comment while walking away.

"You guess? What is that suppose to mean? You don't want to be my friend anymore?" she pouts, but ends up laughing,

"Never" were my last words before I returned to the line. 

Charlotte's POV

While I was loading my groceries into my trunk, I hear a woman yelling, I turn to see it's Boss Kim screaming at Kai, as usual. 

She see's me and puts on a big smile. 

"Hello Charlotte, I didn't know you shopped here"

"Yeah, it's pretty close to my house" I reply.

"Oh yes, we live near each other, I forget sometimes"

I pick up a case of soda struggling, when Kai notices he takes it from me and helps me put it in the trunk. 

"Whoa, how come you never help me load the groceries?" Boss shoves him but he ignores her and just keeps helping me. 

"Thanks for the help, but you really should help your mother too" I adivse.

"Trust me, the strenght of her voice is equivalent to the strenght in her arms" he jokes and I laugh to myself. 

"See you later Kai, don't be a stranger, you can always come over and I can kick your in Dance Central!" 

"Those are fighting words, I'll see if I can clear my schedule to show you how to really dance!" he trash talks and I wave to him as he goes to his own car. 

When I get home and I'm putting away the groceries, I hear Jinsang come in. 

"Welcome home" I say in the best wife voice, practicing for when we get married. 

"I'm glad to be home" he kisses me on my forehead and looks into the grocery bags.

"No snacks?" 

"I did get snacks, I hid them because I knew you'd eat them all" I reveal. 

"No way, you eat them all!" 

"Well I'm not going to tell you where they are"

He starts looking in all the cupboards, and eventually finds my box of chocolate bars in the very far back. 

"Wow, what a great hiding spot!" he tells me. 

"Wow, great use of sarcasm" I fire back at him. 

He laughs and runs away with the chocolate bars. 

"He thinks he's clever, little does he know I switched the chocolate and granola bar boxes" I whisper to myself and do a small evil laugh. 

Once I'm done putting the groceries away, the doorbell rings. I go to answer it to see Kai on the other side. 

"I came to school you in Dance Central!" he announces and crosses his arms like he's an actual dance battler. 

"Alright, let's go!" I rush to put the game on, "I must warn you, I've seen some music videos over these past days, and I've developed a little more rhythm" 

He pretends to stretch so I do the same and then the game starts up.

We choose the songs, characters, and level of difficulty, easy of course. 

I was doing good at first, thinking those music videos really payed off but then I started messing up and Kai got more points than me. 

We played about ten rounds until I realized we both had an early morning, and we needed to go to bed. 

"I'll be back to school you again" he tells me on his way to the door. 

"No you won't because I'm going to practice until I become the ultimate champion, then we're taking it to the streets!" 

He laughs but I was really going to start dance battling him in public. 

Kai's POV

Before I leave out the door, Charlotte stops me by saying, "Hey you want to know something?"

"What?"

"You're my best friend Kai" she says. 

"I am?"

"Mhm, I don't have a lot of friends, oh wait, I didn't meant to sound like a loser or anything" 

"No, you don't sound like a loser, you know what? You're my best friend too" 

"I am?" her face lit up again, she had a big smile on her face. 

"Yeah, see you later" 

"See you later" she waves to me until I reach the end of the driveway.