Chapter 13

Rainy Day Romance

Three Months Later

Charlotte's POV

"Welcome back Charlotte" the lady at the front desk greets me, after I married Jinsang I took some months off since we moved into another house, an even bigger one just in case we wanted to add additional members to the family. 

I seen my desk was switched out for a smaller desk, I knew one of the secretaries did it, they probably hated me even more because I was the only one married, and I was still the youngest. 

The all give me evil looks and don't say a word to me. 

"Boss, I'm-" I stop when I see the office is empty, the walls were bare and her desk had nothing on it. 

"Where is she?" 

"Looking for Boss Kim?" one of the CEO's see me.

"Yeah, where is she?"

"She doesn't work here anymore, one day she just handed in her resignation letter" 

"Wow, I wonder what made her do that"

"I heard her husband had something to do with it" he raises his eyebrows, signaling he forced her.

"Oh really?" I didn't know whether to believe him or not, when I met him he seemed like a nice man, but then again Kai wasn't too fond of him. 

"But you'll have a new boss tomorrow, they hired someone already so don't worry about running any errands, just do paperwork" he instructs me and I sit back in my desk and start organizing. 

Speaking of Kai, I hadn't seen him since the day he told me he loved me. 

I wanted to find him after we came back from our honeymoon and apologize since I acted so crazy, I was just nervous enough I didn't need to worry about Kai liking me, or loving me for that matter. 

I didn't mean to tell him we shouldn't be friends anymore, I did miss him. 

After I was done organizing papers, I decided to just go home, there was nothing else for me to do for the day. 

"Leaving so soon?" I hear one of the secretaries saying. 

"Yeah, I finished, there's no point in sticking around if there's no one here to tell me what to do" I inform her.

I turn and walk out before she tried to give me her work assignments. 

When I get home, it's empty. Jinsang's old chief was fired and they have a new one who's a total control freak and there would be days when he wouldn't even come home or be home one or two in the morning because his chief had all the police officers out on important cases.

I did have my doubts in the back of my mind though. I could never forget that woman telling me Jinsang was seeing her behind my back. However I never questioned him, the one time I tried he got all defensive saying he's only trying to keep us financially stable since I wasn't at work, which was one of the main reason why I went back today. 

I turn the TV on and change into some pajamas. I hear the doorbell and answer it to see a woman on the other side. 

"Does Jinsang live here?" she asks me. 

"Yes he does, why?"

"I needed to talk to him, could you tell him I stopped by"

"Who are you exactly?"

"Oh I'm sorry how rude, I'm a friend of his, my name is Fiona" she shakes my hand, "you must be the Mrs?" 

"Yeah I am, anyway I'll tell him you stopped by" 

I close the door before she could say anything else and wonder who she was and why I haven't heard about her. 

"He's got some explaining, having girls come to our door talking about she's a friend of his, I know all his friends" I grumble to myself as I make it back upstairs. 

I try to wait up for him but I fall asleep.

At who knows what time, I feel him snuggle in next to me. 

"Jin, who is Fiona?" I ask him halfway asleep. 

"Fiona? Nobody babe just go to sleep" he tells me. 

I let it go for now and go to sleep, but he was going to explain in the morning. 

I wake up that next morning to see him gone, again. 

"How does he work on only like four hours of sleep?" I ask myself as I look over at the time.

I brush it off and just get ready for work. 

When I get there the lady at the front desk informs me that my new Boss was here. 

I was excited to meet this person, hopefully they gave me the same work load as Boss Kim, maybe a little less. 

I peek inside to see a lady in a skirt suit unpacking boxes. 

"Hello" I say and she turns to look at me, "I'm Charlotte, your secretary" 

"Charlotte, it's so nice to meet you, my name is Lola"

She was a blonde Caucasian woman, she was really pretty. She was skinny and a bit taller than me, she resembled a model. 

"Nice to meet you" I shake her hand. 

"Could you give me a hand?"

"Of course, that's what I'm here for" 

We manage to unpack everything and put it in its place. 

"Perfect, now to sit in my chair"

She slowly sits down and smiles as she folds her hands on the desk. 

"Feels good, I've done so much for this job"

"I'm sure you have, well if you need anything else just call me, I'll be right outside, if you want to call me, it's this button" I show her and she nods. 

I go to my desk and start filling out paperwork when my phone rings. 

"Hi Charlotte" 

"Hi Lola" 

"Could you go make me copies really quick?"

"Of course" 

I go in her office to get the paper. 

"Make me about 100"

"Will do"

As I'm in the copy room, I get a phone call from Jinsang.

"Hello?"

"Hey do you have time to talk really quick?"

"Yeah, I'm making copies" 

"I just wanted to tell you that Fiona is an old girlfriend, I have no idea why she showed up at the door yesterday, but I didn't wan tyou to jump to any crazy conclusions so I just wanted to get that out" 

"Thanks for telling me, is she going to be showing up any more times?"

"Hopefully not, she hunted me down at work and told me she came by the house yesterday and I told her to never do that again"

I smiled, he was right though, I did jump to conclusions. 

"Thanks Jin, I love you, what time are you coming home tonight?"

"Probably not until tomorrow, the chief is about to having us do an overnight patrol on this man who is suspected to be smuggling drugs over the country"

"Well be safe okay"

"I will, I love you, hopefully he doesn't choose me to do it and I can come home tonight"

"Hopefully" I say and we hang up. 

The copies are finished and I check my watch, it was lunch time

"It's lunch right now, so I'll be back in half an hour okay?"

"Yeah, I'll take my lunch too then, see you in half an hour" 

I go get some BBQ, I was in the mood for it. 

I scroll through old messages as I eat alone at the Korean BBQ place.

When I get back to work, I walk in to see Lola making out with this guy, wow not very professional

I clear my throat,and she looks over at me. 

"Oh hi Charlotte, sorry about that" 

She whispers something to him, but he doesn't move he just stays still.

"Don't, don't tell anyone please" she begs. 

"I won't my lips are sealed" I gesture a zipper over my mouth, 

"Baby, you need to go before anyone else sees us" she tells him in a low voice, but I was able to hear her. 

He turns to walk out and I make direct eye contact. 

It was Kai.