Chapter 9: Valentine's Day

Rainy Day Romance

Kai's POV

"Aww how cute!' Charlotte says as she reads all my love notes, Valentines day was in two days so I had a whole bunch crammed in my locker today. 

"They all sound the same to me" I reply.

"There's not a special one you want to make your Valentine?" she asks me.

"Well there's this one girls, I've known her for a few years and she's not bad looking"

"Not bad looking? You sound like your average Casanova" she jokes. 

"I'm not really attracted to the girls at my school, I barely talk to them" I admit. 

"You seem like the type to keep to themselves at school, that was completely opposite of me, I was involved in everything I could possibly do and I had a bunch of friends, and being one of the only black girls helped of course" she laughs

"Didn't people like stare at you?" 

"Yeah but it didn't bother me" she says as she continues to read my love notes. 

I gazed at her, imagining the high school her with the same perky personality she posses now. 

"I met Jinsang in high school" she tells me and a small smile forms on her face. 

"How did you two meet?" I honestly didn't want to hear but I knew it would make her feel better. 

"It's really a funny story!" she brightens back up, "I was walking, on my way into school, when these bad kids run into me and I fall into this muddy water, so as I'm getting up I see the mud all over the back of my jeans and I'm like silently cursing the kids when Jinsang, a stranger then, offers me these sweatpants he had in his backpack a friend had just returned that morning. I take them and stop at a gas station and change into them as he waits for me outside. The sweatpants were super huge and I looked like I was about to be in a hip hop music video. He laughs at how ridiculous I look and I start laughing too. We introduce ourselves and he tells me he sees me around school all the time and thought I was, and I quote, "gorgeous to the max" never had I heard a compliment like that and I laugh in his face, saying he had to be kidding but he was serious and me laughing in his face made him upset but then he realized how dorky he did sound and laughed it off. After that we walked to and from school and eventually fell for each other, but I had a feeling he would be the one when I saw he made me laugh at myself and he could laugh at himself" 

Her story was cute I had to admit. 

"High school sweethearts, classic" I comment. 

"Hey, if you give them a chance, one of these girls could be your high school sweetheart" she gives me back all my notes. 

"I doubt it"

"You know what sounds fun? I'm going to close my eyes and choose a note and that will be your valentine"

"I dont know if-"

"Okay let's do it" she cuts me off before I can refuse. 

She covers her eyes with one hand and digs the other one into the pile of notes, she takes it out and reads me the name. 

"EunSun, sounds pretty, she will be your valentine!" she declares and slaps the paper into my hand. 

"EunSun, she's like one of the most popular girls in school"

"Well aren't you lucky" she says. 

On that note I get a call from my mom telling me to come home now, I say my goodbye's to Charlotte and head home.

~~~~~~~~~

Charlotte's POV

After I had convinced Kai to make this EunSun girl his valentine, they ended up planning a date and I was granted the oppurtunity to help Kai get ready. I was waiting for him to come over, he was running later than what he told me earlier today. 

Kai's POV

I had lied to Charlotte, I didn't ask EunSun on a date, in reality the date was for her and I was going to show up to her house with flowers and a teddy bear. I was running kind of late since my mother was questioning my every move before I could get out of the house. 

Finally she left me alone and I hurried to the store. Once I bought her gifts, I started walking towards her house.

Charlotte's POV

I was searching for the good cologne Jinsang uses for our dates, when I hear the doorbell, I hurry downstairs and open the door to reveal a man I had never met before but he knew my name. 

"Is there something you need?" I raised an eyebrow. 

He steps aside to reveal Jinsang in this really snazzy suit with a bouquet of lavender roses, one in his mouth. 

I laugh and run into his arms, he lifts me up and spins me. 

"Why did you freak me out like that? I really thought you were going to miss Valentine's day, you dummy" I hit his shoulder and he just smiles. 

"I wanted to surprise you" he explains, "but these flowers are just the first part of your gift, ask me why I bought lavender roses" he tells me as he puts me down. 

"Why did you buy lavender roses?" 

"Because lavender roses show that you have fallen in love with the person from the moment your saw them, and they can be given because you think that person is unique and enchanting. Once the flower lady explained that to me, I knew these would be the perfect flowers to give you" he says. 

"Thank you. You're so sweet Jinsang, this is why I love you" He kisses me on the forehead and says "You're welcome" 

"No here's the second half of the gift" seconds later a  red Volkswagen Beetle drives up into our drive way. 

"You bought me a car?!" I was super surprised now.

"Yeah! Now you don't have to take the bus anymore" he says and I jump in his arms again. 

"You are the best husband in the entire universe Jinsang!" 

Kai's POV

I watch as Charlotte leaps into Jinsang's arms and if that wasn't enough he bought her a car. 

I threw my gifts away in the nearest trash can and walked off. 

Who was I kidding?