Chapter 12: Pre-Wedding Moments

Rainy Day Romance

Charlotte's POV

I didn't realize how close Jinsang and I's wedding was until my mother called and asked me when I planned on sending out the invitations so my family members could fly over in time. She also reminded me that I needed to go find a dress so it could be made in time, and many other things that slipped my mind until two months remained until our date. 

Luckily she called on Jinsang's off day so we could run some errands. 

"Okay, so I'm getting fitted for a suit, I'm picking up invitations and plane tickets, then I go check on the place where we holding the wedding?" 

"Yes you are"

"So what are you doing?"

"I'm going to go try on wedding dresses"

"That's it? That's all you're doing?"

"Mhm, it's an all day thing Jinsang" 

We hop into our cars and drive in different directions. 

I go to pick up my mother and my three bridesmaids who were already in Seoul, my other two were still in America. 

I had to admit I was excited to go try on dresses, I always watched shows about future brides trying on their dress and how emotional they get. 

When we arrive at the wedding gown store, I tell the worker what I had in mind and she guides me to the back, then goes to search for some dresses. 

Minutes later she comes with a good handful of dresses, I try them all on and go show my mom and bridesmaids. 

It pretty much went like, if I didn't like it they did and if I liked it they didn't, then would change my opinion to where I don't like it either. 

I must have tried on a billion dresses before I found the perfect one, I loved it and so did everyone else. It was a bit pricey but I was willing to squeeze out some cash for it. 

After we finished a stressful day at the wedding gown shop, we all went to eat some lunch as we discussed other wedding things that needed to be done. 

While we were talking about seat arrangements, I see Kai walk by, he glances over to me and I wave for him to come in. 

"Everyone, this is Kim Jongin, but he goes by Kai" I introduce him. 

"Nice meeting you, who are you exactly?" my mom asks him. 

"I'm a friend of Charlotte's" he answers. 

"Are you in the wedding?" one of the bridesmaids asks. 

"No, but I was invited" 

His phone goes off and he tells me he has to get going. We all wave goodbye as he leaves the restaurant. 

"Does Jongin know about him?" is the first thing my mother asks me. 

"Yeah, calm down mom, he's just a friend"

"How old is he?" 

"19" 

"Well as long as you two just stay friends" she assures me. 

I never thought of Kai in that way, he was nice to be around but I think 19 is still a teenager in my eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Months Later

Charlotte's POV

I was so nervous! Jinsang and I we're going to get married tomorrow. 

Everything was going so well, all my family members had arrived last night, including my other two bridesmaids. 

Our venue was being set-up as we speak, and I was about to go pick up my dress. 

On the way, I think about all the junk food I had consumed since I last came two months ago, hopefully the dress still fits. 

I stare at it in the dressing room, I was hesitant, if it didn't fit I was screwed. 

I put it on and it's going good, I put the sleeves over my shoulders and it fits me more perfect than when I got it fitted. I turn to see the sheer back, it had lace and was made in a mermaid style, it complimented all my curves, I knew Jinsang would like that part. 

I go drop off the dress at my parents house, which is where I was going to get ready, then head back to mine. 

Both my and Jinsang's family was at our house, and it was crowded, but the good news was that everyone seemed to like each other. 

Our mothers and aunts were busy in the kitchen making snacks, Jinsang was outside with the guys playing basketball, my bridesmaids were gossiping in the backyard, our fathers were having a heavy discussion on the techniques of barbecuing, my baby cousins were watching TV and playing with dolls, and our grandparents were playing cards in the dining room, family was everywhere, and it was a nice sight to see. 

I decide to go join the grandparents since they seemed to be having the most fun. 

"Deal me in" I say as I take a seat. 

"Are you sure you can handle it? We all seemed to be pretty good gamblers" my grandma says which causes a chuckle around the table. 

"I'll take my chances" 

I put on my poker face and channel my inner gambler. 

Unfortunately, I lost my chips every round. They really were good gamblers, good thing I didn't have any money on it. 

"You're so pretty" Jinsang's grandma tells me.

"Thank you"

"You need it since you're not a good gambler" my grandpa comments. 

"Your Jinsang sure is handsome" my grandma says as she glances at him. 

"He gets it from me" his grandpa adds and we all laugh. 

"I hope we can stay married for as long as you all have" 

"It takes a special kind of someone to make it this far" my grandpa says and smile at my grandma. 

"Or a crazy kind of someone" Jinsang's grandpa says, and his grandma hits his shoulder as he laughs at his own joke. 

My mother calls me into the kitchen.

"Charlotte, could you be so kind as to get some paper plates, utensils, and towels, from the store?"

"I guess mother dearest" I say and she flashes me a smile as she hands me my car keys. 

"Play the next game without me, I'll be back" I tell the grandparents and head out the door. 

"Where are you going?" a sweaty Jinsang asks me. 

"To the store to pick up some stuff, you want anything?"

"Yeah, you" he jokes.

"So corny" I comment then get in the car. 

While I was in the store I see Kai. I tip-toe behind him and tap him on the shoulder. 

"Haven't seen you in a while" I say. 

"Yeah, you forgot all about me" he tells me. 

"No way, I saw you hanging out with your other friends, You're too cool for me now"

"Haven't you heard? I've been deemed the coolest person in Seoul" 

I laugh, knowing he'd never be cooler than me. 

Kai's POV

I watched as Charlotte laughed, her smile just as beautiful as ever. 

She was so busy with her wedding that I haven't seen her in a while, and I surely missed her. 

I tried to lose the feelings, but failed every time. 

I decided I would just live with this one-sided love until I found someone else. 

"What brings you to this lovely mini-mart?" she asks me. 

"The munchies" I say as I hold up my basket full of junk food. plus my mother made me get her some bottled water, because she's too lazy to just pour herself a glass"

"My mother made me come too, she's been bossing me around a lot lately" 

"Mothers, it's getting harder each day to take their cruel ways" I tell her and it puts another smile on her face. 

We go to pay for our stuff and leave the store. 

"Well I'll see you tomorrow, walking down that aisle" I say. 

"You sure will, wish me good luck"

"Good luck, I'm sure you'll look absolutely stunning tomorrow in your wedding dress" 

"You really think so?"

"I know so" 

She hugs me, and I slowly wrap my arms around her. 

"Thanks Kai, you're great" she says into my chest. 

"Yeah" I say and I feel my heart speed up. 

For a moment there I must have lost all sanity because when Charlotte pulls out of our hug, I kissed her. 

Now I don't know if it's my imagination, but the kiss lingers for about 30 seconds then she pulls away. 

She's staring at me, I don't know how to react so I say

"I love you Charlotte" 

"Oh no, oh no no no! Don't, don't say that Kai, you don't love me, you're just saying that because...I don't know but you don't love me okay!" she starts freaking out. 

"But I do love you Charlotte, I fell for you that day you put your umbrella over me" 

"Kai, no, please stop" 

"Everyday I think about you, you're so beautiful, your smile lights up a room and so does your personality" 

"Kai, just stop!" she yells, "I don't know why you're trying to screw me up before my wedding day but it's totally not cool okay" 

"I'm not trying to screw you up, I'm just telling you how I feel" 

"Just keep it to yourself, I don't want to hear it. Don't tell anyone about that kiss, actually maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore, I gotta go" 

She hurries to her car and drives off.