Chapter XXIII

I Like U

Please enjoy xD




XXIII

 

If someone would have told her a month ago, Hyuna would’ve right away said that it would never happen, that it was as impossible as a flying cactus. Who would have thought there would be a moment she herself was to fall into those thoughts?

Now here she was, following her 4 years boyfriend around the biggest mall of Seoul in a very suspicious attire to make sure it had all this time been her mind playing games with her.

Hyuna entered the café shop following Hyunseung sitting far away from him but near enough to see what he was doing. She was debating whereas to call him and hear what kind of excuse he would give her or just wait enough time to dismiss the stupid idea of her mind. Opting for the later Hyuna wait though it was not too much since a young woman enter sitting across from her boyfriend.

Maybe it was an acquainted saying hello. After they had order something to eat she had gave up to that idea and if she looks closely she had seen Hyunseung with that girl a lot of times before and also she had seen her with him that day. Hyuna smoothie tasted bitter now and the pain in her heart could not compare to any other broken bone she had felt before.

The couple left as she followed suit, the girl had said something to Hyunseung who smiled shyly and blush. He blushed!

Hyuna dialed Hyunseung number hastily. It could always be a misunderstanding, she saw Hyunseung picking up and answer.

‘’Hello?’’

‘’Hyunseung will you still take long to finish that work?’’

‘’Yeah’’ Hyuna heart clenched. ‘’I miss you’’ she said sincerely. She really did miss Hyunseung, it was as if he was not with her even if they were in the same house. Hyuna saw the girl pointing at a jewelry shop motioning Hyunseung to follow her. ‘’I’m very busy right now, I’ll call you later bye’’ he said and hag up following the girl to the shop.

There was so much that Hyuna could take but this was definitely not it. Without looking back she enter her car and drive home.

 

 

Hyuna was at their small apartment sitting their couch criying. Since a while she had been having all this doubts but maybe they were true and Hyunseung was really cheating on her.

Lately they had both been busy with studies since it was their last year of college, however Hyunseung had less time than her because he work in a company the rest of his time. The only time they had to themselves was late at night or the weekends, but that was also improbable since they had projects or works to develop.

But everything had changed a month ago. Hyunseung start speaking less and less to her, he avoided to be with her as if hiding something important, she knew because of all the years together. Once she had called him and just like this evening he said confidently that he was working with some colleagues but that same day not long after she saw him shopping with a female, the same one that was now with him doing who knows what.

With rage and hurt Hyuna stood up and smash their portrait running after to her room to get her stuff. That idiot, if he had told her before she sniffed.

‘’If he think he can cheat on me he’s very wrong’’. She loved him yes, but she had pride and would never wait for someone who didn’t deserve her.

 

 

Hyuna was now in her mother home who was out for a business trip, it was a relief she still had a copy of the keys of the house, because it had start raining and she didn’t have shelter nor an umbrella in the moment. Tired she fell asleep in the couch of the living room with dried tears streaking her cheeks.

She didn’t know how much time she had stayed sleeping like that. Her phone going off wake her up but with the grogginess she was late to respond to it. Hyuna unlock her phone to find 27 missed calls of Hyunseung and a few messages. The phone rang again and she answer.

‘’Hyuna thank God, Were are you?’’ Why did he even care? She was giving him liberty wasn’t he happy?

‘’Are you fine? I was worried sick. And why did you pack your things?...’’ there was a long pause. ‘’…Are you leaving me?’’ Hyuna continued silent. He nearly convince her with his hurt tone.

‘’Don’t act anymore. And yes I’m leaving so you can live with that friend of yours’’ she said more out of jealousy than anything else. ‘’what?’’

‘’The one you left on a date today and who knows how much more. Good bye’’ she hang up with tears welling in her eyes.

 

She sat there motionless, trying to not think too much yet it all stop as some loud banging on the front door could be hear. ‘’Hyuna! I know you’re there! Open the door let me explain!’’

She ignored his voice the more she could but when she couldn’t hear him anymore she got curious, was he still out there? Or did he decide to give up on explaining to her? To be honest she wanted him to tell her it was just her imagination, that it was a misunderstanding so after a while of debating she decide to go out and talk things, that if he was still there.

The moment she step out of her door a loud thud startle her, looking after the direction of the sound she widened her eyes afraid. Hyunseung was lying on the floor unconscious with one of his arms twisted in an unaesthetic way. Hyuna ran to him while she dialed for an ambulance. It seems he had tried to sneak his way through the balcony but slipped with the wet railing.

 

 

-At the hospital-

Hyunseung woke up tired, the first thing he notice was that his whole body ache, the second was Hyuna at his side. Where was he? He tried to remember what had happened and then it was crystal clear. Carefully he nudge her awake and he could see her relief in her eyes.

‘’You feel fine? Do… do you want me to call your girlfriend to accompany you?’’ she said hesitantly and with awkwardness as if she felt she did not belong there. Frustrated he hit her skull with his good hand because the other one was for the look of it broken. ‘’What was that for?’’ Hyuna said rubbing her damage head.

‘’Idiot you are my girlfriend, I would and will never cheat on you, why would I even do that?’’ 

‘’But I saw you today. I even called you and you ignored me to be with her. Also you keep hiding something from me…’’ Hyunseung blocked her ranting for a moment, he knew who the girl Hyuna was talking about and it was true that he was meeting her secretly for some time now, however it was not like what she thought. Hyunseung searched in the pants he had on glad that they had not striped him in a hospital gown, at finding what he was searching for he focused back at Hyuna.

‘’…and I saw that program the other day of people cheating – will you marry me? – and I got scared it was happening to me –will you marry me?—  so I followed –Hyuna—‘’ he cut for the third time expecting that this moment she would pay attention to what he had been saying in all her rant. She stop at hearing her name and he place a hand in her cheek. ‘’Yeah?’’

‘’Will you do me the honor to marry me?’’ he was really nervous knowing this time she had heard him and he also knew it was not the best moment but he wanted her to forget all about her insecurities because she was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, so he slid out a ring and place it before her. ‘’I would kneel but I have this IV drop attached and a cast… so yeah it’s kind of difficult for me right now’’.

Hyuna was speechless and confused before she could think the questions just poured out. ‘’What? Why?’’

‘’That girl you saw me with is our wedding designer, all this time I’ve been choosing all the things of the wedding, today she was helping me with our rings’’ Hyunseung caress her face lovingly’’. I would never do that to you and if it make you feel better she is already married and have a two years old son… so’’ he grinned a cheeky smile.

 ‘’Will you say yes?’’ Hyuna stayed silent processing all the information Hyunseung just told her, so he wasn’t? And he just proposed to her? … It was too much but staring at his eyes she knew all he had said was the truth.

‘’Should I take that silence as a ‘yes I accept you’re the love of my life?’ ‘’ Hyuna jump on him hugging him tightly, at hearing the wince of pain she ducked away moving her hands not sure whereas to touch him or stay still, it’s just that she was too happy.

‘’I’m so sorry… I …. yes! Yes! I accept’’ he chuckled at her excitement and decide to a bit now that everything seemed fine between them. ‘’You know I will like to celebrate in a more intimate way but I guess that will have to wait’’ he said lifting his casted arm to emphasize his problem, Hyuna beet red hit his chest. ‘’ert’’

 

The atmosphere had lightened a lot after a while of chatting and cuddling, and they had told them Hyunseung will be released tomorrow so he should rest a lot now. Hyuna then remembered the things Hyunseung had said before. ‘‘Wait… you were organizing everything before I said yes?’’

‘’I didn’t really want to leave you any other option beside the yes Mrs. Jang’’

 

 

 

~2 Years Later~

 

Hyuna was staring lovingly at the sonogram they gave her today at the doctor’s appointment, it was hard to understand how a picture like this could bring up so much emotions on her.  She was so happy it was ridiculous, carefully she set the picture in an album they had bought today with Hyunseung to treasure all the process of her pregnancy. After she put everything down Hyunseung take her hand and pull her to his side on the bed.

‘’You should rest, today was a long day’’ he cooed at her. ‘’I wish it could have been a surprise’’ Hyuna pouted at him looking at the ceiling. ‘’You mean the dinner with our parents?’’ she nodded her head.

Today they prepared dinner with all the family, normally they did that once in a while so she was sure they would not suspect anything and was very excited to deliver the good news, but then Hyunseung had to cook that revolting food that had her running in a second to the restroom and somehow it had been obvious to their guest making the surprise officially over.

‘’I have to admit it was not the cleanest way for them to notice it, but they were so happy I couldn’t want it any other way’’ Hyunseung kissed her forehead placing his hand to her now small baby bump. ‘’I love you Hyuna’’

‘’I know’’ she replied with a content sigh. ‘’Aren’t you going to the same to me?’’ he said sulking. ‘’I have no idea what you’re talking about’’ Hyuna giggled at his gasp, suddenly Hyunseung leaned his face in her stomach. ‘’Did you hear mommy baby? At least you love me don’t you? If you understand kick for me’’ Hyuna laughed passing her hands through her husband hair. ‘’You’ll have to wait a few more months for that’’ Hyunseung kissed her lower stomach repeatedly and then her forehead, nose and cheeks finally stopping at her lips kissing them chastely.

‘’I love you too Hyunseung’’ he chuckled.

 ‘’I know’’




 

A/N: I had to read the final of ILU to get the years good and my heart fluttered I’m happy the way this story ended though I had to admit it was a bit rushed. Honestly I Preferred to leave it like that but since you guys wanted me to do a SEQUEL I complied.

Even though it is not a Sequel but a Special chapter I hope you had enjoyed it. There will be no more of ILU because I think it will taint the actual story.

Please look forward for my other 2hyun stories, they all have a different charm that I wish to share with you.

AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR SHOWING SO MUCH LOVE TO ‘I LIKE U’ YOU GUYS WERE THE ONE THAT GAVE ME COURAGE TO WRITE SO MUCH MORE. SARANGHAE <3333333