Chapter XVI

I Like U

HAPPY LUNAR YEAR!!!

This is my new year gift for you ^^. A little late, but i hope you like it.

It's a special chapter very long, so don't get bored ;)



He was at the backyard of the school eating alone. He knew he was behaving foolishly but he couldn’t stay in the same place as Hyuna, or at least not for now. From the moment he saw Junhyung accompanying her at home last night his heart had been hurting too much. He wanted sometime alone to sort out his feelings. Also he didn’t think he got the strength to hear how good her date had gone with Junhyung or how much she wanted to repeat it again.

He sighed, it was not like he could run away too much, since she sat at his right in classes. But by some strange reason, Hyuna was being very quiet today, he felt that something was not right with her, but he just shrugged it off.

‘It’s probably my imagination’ –the bell rang for the last two lessons to begin. He really didn’t feel like going to the classroom right now.

‘Maybe I should just skip class and go to the infirmary. That way no one will suspect’ –Hyunseung waited there for awhile and then walked his way to the infirmary.

She looked at the empty seat beside her. She missed him, but for an unknown reason he was behaving strange. Today she felt like she was being avoided by Hyunseung.

‘No no, maybe is my imagination, why would Oppa do that?’ –Hyuna focused again in the lesson, this time taking a lot amount of notes so she could lend them to Hyunseung.

She was worried about him, she was so distracted by her own shyness that she didn’t notice him being sick. As soon as the class was over she was going to surprise Hyunseung with the notes and maybe after going home she could cook something for him. Hyuna giggled at the thought of nursing him.

‘Focus Hyuna focus!’ –she looked at the teacher again and continues writing.

.

.

As soon as the bell rang Hyuna pack up everything she had hastily in her bag. Jihyun approach her and asked.

‘’Hey Hyuna, you gonna come with us?’’

‘’Sorry Unnie I’m going home with Hyunseung oppa’’ –She smiled a bright smile and exit the classroom running.

Hyuna continue running through the hallways evading the people exiting their respective classrooms until she reached the infirmary. She let out a deep breath and controlled her breathing, she was really tired from the entire jog she did. She placed her hand in the door knob and stop, she lift her right hand and comb the strand of hair that had fallen in front of her face behind her ears. Slowly she opened the door to find Hyunseung showing his back to her looking at some medicines in the counter.

‘’Hyunseung oppa’’ –she said shy bringing his attention to her, Hyunseung put and surprised face.

‘’Hyuna? Why are you here?’’

‘’I came so we can go together’’ –she smiled at him and grab his hand to drag him with her. They were nearly at the door when Hyunseung take out his hand from her grip.

‘’I can’t Hyuna’’ - Hyuna turned at him confused.

‘’You see, Mr. Lee wanted me to stay so he could tell me something important’’

‘’It’s ok, I can wait’’ –she added enthusiastically.

‘’It may take a while so I will prefer if you go home before me’’ –she lowered her head, she was feeling it again, like he was trying his best to not be beside her. Hyuna lift her head and shoo those thoughts away.

‘’Sure Oppa’’ –she put on a fake smile to hide the hint of sadness in her eyes and left.

.

.

Even though she knew Hyunseung had told her to go before, there she stands waiting. She was now at the entrance of the school and kept looking back at the building. After a lot of thinking last night and today, she had got to the conclusion she was going to fight for Hyunseung. Even if he didn’t like her, she was going to be by his side until he pushed her away from him. From the corner of her eyes she saw Teacher Lee walking towards her.

‘That means Hyunseung is about to come out, I knew he wasn’t going to take that long’ –she search through the crowd of students but couldn’t find him.

‘’Sorry Mr. Lee’’

‘’Miss Kim, in what can I help you?’’

‘’You know if Hyunseung will be out soon?’’ –the professor’s face changed for a confused one. 

‘’Jang Hyunseung?’’

‘’You haven’t talk to him?’’ –she was also confused now, she was sure he had said Mr. Lee.

‘’I haven’t seen him in the entire day’’

‘’Ahh… ok… sorry’’

‘’It’s fine, have a good day’’ –she bowed to the teacher.

Hyuna felt a pang of hurt in her chest. She lowered her face and start walking away hurriedly.

‘So you were really avoiding me Jang Hyunseung’

‘’Pabo’’

He was walking towards the school exit not really looking at his surroundings, all he could think about was that time in the infirmary. He didn’t like to lie, and he was feeling a lot of remorse remembering the face Hyuna made when he told her to leave.

‘That smile she gave me’ –Hyuna’s sad eyes came back to his head. He ruffled his hair and look at the roadside, when something caught his eyes. Something he would never expect.

Junhyung was walking with a girl. They were holding hands with their fingers interlocked and a bright smile in their faces.

‘What?’ –He looked around searching for a familiar face of any of his friends and not long after he saw Doojoon, Yoseob, Kikwang and Dongwoon walking ahead of him. He ran towards them.

‘’Hey guys wait for me’’ –he yelled and at hearing him they turned around and stop.

‘’Hyunseung what are you doing here?’’ –said Doojoon not really expecting to see him.

‘’Yeah, didn’t you left with Hyuna?’’-added Kikwang.

‘’Who is that girl with Junhyung?’’ –he asked a little out of breath for the running.

‘’That’s Hyung’s girlfriend… ah! You didn’t know’’ –said an excited Dongwoon and Yoseob continue.

‘’Who would have guess? Junhyung suddenly brought her to eat with us an present her as his girlfriend’’

Hyunseung ran away from there as fast as he could. He had to move faster, if Junhyung present her while they were eating, Hyuna had to be there.

‘So that’s why she’s been so silent?’ –His mind was full of questions, What if she knew from yesterday? What if she wanted to talk to him about it going home? Was she alright? Was that the reason she had those sad eyes at the infirmary? Was she crying?

‘Argh I’m such an idiot!’ –he scolded himself mentally.

.

.

He was panting really hard when he got there. He was so exhausted, but push that away, the most important thing right now was Hyuna. He rang the bell of her home but no one answered.

‘Did she even hear it?’ –He rang again with no reply. He couldn’t wait anymore, he had to see her now, even if he had to go through her window. Suddenly he remembered something.

‘Hyuna don’t you know is dangerous to left the door open?’ –she gasped and hurry to the door.

‘Aish, why do I always forget about it?’

He walked again to the entrance of Hyuna’s home and turned the knob. Slowly the door started opening, and he breathe out relived.

‘’How lucky’’ –Without thinking twice he headed to the girl’s bedroom.

She was sitting in her bed hearing music through her earphones, the song finished and another started to sound, this was one that Hyunseung liked a lot. A tear fell from her eyes and she wiped it. She couldn’t understand this stupid pain.

‘So what if he avoids you Kim Hyuna? Don’t give up’ –she stood up from her bed and take of her earphones.

‘If it is Hyunseung he surely has his reasons’

‘’Cheer up’’ –she said with a fighting pose, suddenly she heard her bedroom door open and as she turned strong arms hold her. The head of that person leaned in her shoulder. She knew this person and this scent. It was Hyunseung.

‘’I’m sorry’’ –startled was a small word to describe how she felt. Why was he saying sorry?

‘’What are you talking about Oppa? –she tried to lift her face but couldn’t.

‘’I am sorry, I had to be there with you’’

‘Huh? What is he talking about?’

‘’Did something happen? You’re frightening me’’ –Hyunseung separate himself from Hyuna, still maintaining a short distance.

‘’Don’t pretend. I know everything about Junhyung. Are you alright?’’

‘Junhyung?’ –Hyuna was confused but then it clicked. Surely Hyunseung thought she was suffering with the news.

‘’I’m fine Oppa’’ –she said with a smile.

‘’Huh?’’ –he was confused.

‘’About Junhyung oppa I’m really fine’’ –Hyuna laughed awkwardly and Hyunseung stay in silence.

‘’When I date Junhyung oppa yesterday, I notice I don’t really feel something for him. Well not like that. I really like him as an Oppa, only as that’’ –she looked up at him shyly and avoided his gaze.

Hyunseung gave a long sigh and put his touch her forehead with his. He felt like tons of bricks have been lift of his shoulders. Then it hit him.

‘Hyuna doesn’t like Junhyung? Did I heard right?’ –still something was bugging him and he had to take it out.

‘’Still I shouldn’t have avoided you today’’ –this time she was the one that made a considerable distance between them.

‘’So you were really avoiding me’’ –her voice sounded sad making him feel worse.

‘’Yeah, I had some thinking to do and I needed to be alone’’ –he looked down a little ashamed.

‘’ It’s okay Oppa, I understand’’ –she sit in her bed and pat beside her.

‘’But if you want me to forgive you, you have to tell me what’s bothering you’’ –Hyuna said seriously. She wanted to help him in all she could, but first she needed to know his problem.

Hyunseung sat beside her and start telling her the first thing that came to his mind and part of the truth.

‘’Well, I was troubled with the girl I like’’ –Hyuna froze, she didn’t expect this to be about ‘her’. But she tried to stay calmed for Hyunseung’s sake. Hyunseung relaxed and looked directly at her.

‘’The girl I like is free. Now I’m wondering should confess to her or not?’’ –Hyuna swallowed hard, she didn’t want that. Just hearing him considering confessing to another girl, she felt a hollow in her heart.

‘’I’m sure she’d say yes, I’d like you to be happy’’ –she said enthusiastically and stand so that he could not see her expression.

Hyunseung also stand up and walked towards the door. He was a little hurt, when he told her about his feelings, he wanted, even if it was just a hopeless dream, for her to say no to him.

‘’You’re right, I’ll do that then. I have to go now, Sohyun is waiting’’ –when he was about to open the door, he felt two strong grips in his shirt. Hyuna leaned her face in Hyunseung’s back and whispered.

‘’Don’t’’ –His heart start beating frantically.

‘’I lied, so please don’t confess to that girl’’ –He was dumbfounded, could it be?

‘’Why?’’ –he tried to turn around but her voice stop him.

‘’Don’t turn around’’ –they stayed silent in that position for a while. He was impatient to know her answer. He felt how she lowered her head more.

‘’Because I’m selfish… and I want you only for me…’’ –he could feel the pulse in his ear and the heat in his cheeks. He wanted to see her face so much, but he also wanted to hear more, and be sure he was right.

‘’because… all this time I’ve like you’’ –he felt so alive and happy, he had to see her, he had to tell her, that he also likes her.

‘’Sorry Hyuna but I have to confess’’ –Hyuna let go of his shirt. She felt like those words were a knife that had stab her heart countless times. It hurt her.

She saw how Hyunseung turned to look at her, she was so embarrassed. She didn’t expect to confess right now, but at seeing him left her, she couldn’t control her body or mouth anymore. She lowered her face, that was slightly pink but two hands hold her face in place so that she kept looking at him. She saw how Hyunseung kept getting closer and closer and closed her eyes. A pair of soft lips touched hers making her wounded heart beat as fast as she couldn’t explain. Hyuna gave herself in the kiss and soon the feeling was gone. She opened her eyes to find those big almond eyes right in front of her.

‘D-did Hyunseung j-just k-k-ki-kiss’ - She blushed at her thoughts and the memory of those soft lips.

‘But why? Didn’t he say he was going to confess to that girl?’’

‘’D-didn’t you-‘’ –She was interrupt in the middle of her sentence with another kiss, this time faster than the first one, like a slight peck. She blush crimson red, she couldn’t think if he did that. She was confused, does that mean that girl was her?

Slowly she point to herself looking at him shyly and he smiled.

‘’I like you too Hyuna’’ –Hyuna couldn’t believe her ears, but he had just show it to her. She felt more blood rushing to her face and lowered it.

Hyunseung ruffled her hair, when he saw the sincerity in her words, he couldn’t contain and had to kiss her, she had her face hidden in his chest.

‘’How cute’’ –he said lowly so that only she could hear it. Without notice, he felt a punch in his stomach.

‘’Shut up!’’ –Hyuna whined embarrassed and he could only laugh at her never ending cuteness.



You don't know how much times i remaked that confession scene, Did you like it? or was it too rushed?

I hope you had like this gift ^^. This is an important chapter for me so please comment silent readers.

Thank you all for suscribing, voting, commenting and reading this story. I know i lack a lot but i hope you continue enjoying it ^^

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!