Chapter XXIII

I Like U

 

After telling him everything about her past, the atmosphere somehow got tensed and silence took over everything. She was afraid of looking at Hyunseung in the eyes, afraid that maybe he would get disgusted by her and left her. Just thinking about that possibility made tears stream down her eyes. Though she never expect what he would say after.

‘’I’m so sorry I was not there’’ –She heard him said with sadness clearly in his voice.

‘’Aren’t you mad at me?’’ –she asked still looking down.

‘’Hyuna it was not your fault’’ -Now he understood the words the teacher told him before he ran here. ‘’You were definitely not at fault’’

‘’You don’t understand, he sacrificed his dream because of me’’ –Hyuna sob.

‘’Don’t think like that’’ –he tried to comfort her with a hug.

‘’I was so afraid…that my past was haunting me, that the gossip would begin… that I would’ve lost my friends… I was afraid to lose you too Hyunseung oppa’’ -she grab his shirt with a tight fist.

‘’You don’t have to. We all love you’’ –even though he said that her cries got harder. ‘’Hyuna look at me’’ –he said and lifted her chin.

 ‘’I love you. Don’t you believe me?’’ –Hyuna hiccup and nod her head at seeing the sincerity in his eyes.

‘’Then please trust me in what I’m gonna tell you’’

‘’What is it?’’

‘’You have to go back and talk with Choi Gina’’ –her face became one of horror.

‘’Oppa I—‘’

‘’Please Hyuna for me?’’ –she bit her lips.

‘’Ok’’ –he gave her a small smile of courage.

‘’But first let’s wipe this’’ –he said and with his thumbs dry the tears that had fallen on her cheeks and kiss her forehead.

.

.

‘Why was I here again?’ –Hyuna moved uncomfortable in the chair and avoids looking at the person who was standing in front of her, even though she knew it was quite rude.

‘’You want something to drink before we start?’’ –she stiffened at hearing her friendly voice and looked at her to reply.

‘’Ah.. no thank you’’ –she diverted her eyes again, this time playing with her fingers.

‘’Still I’ll make some tea for you’’ –Gina smiled and started serving two cups of tea. Somehow she was convinced by Hyunseung to come here and talk with teacher Choi.

‘Can’t you come with me?’ she grab his hand put he stopped her.

‘It’s better if you two solve your issues by your own. Yet if you need anything from me, I will be waiting outside this door’’ –he let go of her hand and give her a fighting pose.

 

Not long after they were both sitting in front of each other, and Hyuna drank her beverage to soothe her nervousness.

‘’Hyuna you know why I called you don’t you?’’ –Gina sips a bit of the drink waiting for Hyuna’s response.

‘’Because of that incident’’ –Hyuna said in a low tone.

‘’You’re right, were here to talk about that and also about him’’ –she saw how a smile cornered her lips.

‘’I’m sorry it all happened that way. It was not his fault it was all--’’ –Hyuna stood up and bow to her making the teacher stand also.

‘’Hyuna please listen to me first and also sit, I’m not here to blame you’’ –Hyuna sit confused but heard her out.

‘’You know, at that time, he was always worried about something, or to be more specific someone‘’ –she looked at Hyuna knowingly. ‘’The day he find those girls hitting you, he also discovered about the rumors. You two are very alike, I guess that’s why you were so close, like you,  Kiyoung decided to take all the blame upon him’’ –she sip more of her beverage and continue. ‘’Maybe there were other ways to solve that problem, but he though the decision he took was the best of all… and maybe it was’’ –Hyuna felt touched by these words.

‘’Actually we’re very happy now’’ –Gina smiled to her.

‘’But I heard you broke… because of me’’ –Hyuna said shyly.

‘’Oh no, we’re happily married’’ –She took out the necklace hidden in her shirt to show a ring. ‘’I’m just too afraid to lose it so I put it here’’ –Hyuna was relieved and happy to know they were in good terms and they had married after all. Gina put their tea pots away and grab Hyuna’s hands.

‘’Hyuna everything happens for a reason. I think no one was really at fault and maybe the decisions we took were rash but you know… My husband and I are very thankful of what you did. You must have loved him very much’’ –At this statement Hyuna choked with her breath.

‘’You’re wrong’’ –she coughed awkwardly. ‘’I never thought about him that way’’ The teacher laughed at this.

‘’He always thought you were his number one fan. He will be disheartened’’ –Hyuna joined her and they both laugh it off. ‘’I’m glad we get to talk’’

‘’I agree. Thank you for everything Choi songsaengnim’’ –Gina gave Hyuna a sad smile.

‘’Even if we all passed it rough that time you was the one who suffered the most. We should have notice earlier. I’m very sorry about that’’

‘’It’s ok. It’s sufficient knowing you’re both happy. I’m finally relieved’’ –and it was true. This conversation take off like a ton off her, she felt like she could be free of all the pain she once suffered.

‘’You have such a kind heart Kim Hyuna, now I know why my husband liked you so much’’

.

.

‘’How was everything?’’ –she heard Hyunseung asked. They were at the school yard walking aimlessly since she wanted to be with him alone. She had so much to tell him she didn’t know where to start.

‘’Thank you Hyunseung oppa’’ –she linked their fingers and looked at him. ‘’Because you gave me courage to affront my problems’’

‘’That’s the least I could do’’ –he said as if it was nothing.

‘’Ani, because of you I can finally be free. Thanks for being with me’’ –she said smiling and a pink color adorned her features. Hyunseung eyes warmed up and he smiled lovingly at her.

‘’Kim Hyuna my feelings for you are greater than love itself I know we’re still young and maybe this is not the moment but… all this made me realize that I want you to stay at my side forever… so will you?’’  -her heart beat earnestly at hearing his words.

‘’Are you proposing to me?’’ –he scratch his head shyly and she saw his face had reddened. Happiness took over her and made her felt like she was the luckiest in this world. ‘’Babo~’’

‘’Is that a yes?’’ –he laughed also feeling extremely happy. She tip toe and kissed his cheek.

‘’I love you more than anything Jang Hyunseung. Forever yes’’.

 

(Few Years Later)

 

After dropping her home keys in the counter, she walked towards the king size bed moving her neck to relieved a little the heaviness she felt. Work was so stressing these days, she was working on a big project that had its end line very soon. Because of this she had been working more hours than usual with a result of fainting in the middle of a meeting. When she finally came to her senses she was literally thrown away by her coworkers.

‘If you don’t want to go to the hospital at least you should rest home’ That’s what she remember them saying after pushing her out of the office.

But she refused to go to a hospital. She knew she’s being overworking herself, what could explain better than that this week’s suddenly feelings of being tired, sleepy, hungry and moody. Hyuna rolled on the bed and grabbed a photo frame that was on the night desk. She stared at the image fondly and traced the face of the person in it.

‘I miss you’ she thought and hug the photo of her lover Jang Hyunseung. She has been married with him for two years now, but they had actually been together for a little more than six years.

‘Don’t sulk Hyuna he will come tomorrow anyways’ she cheered in her head decided to stand from bed and make something to eat.

Walking to the kitchen she suddenly felt her surroundings spinning losing her balance and also her consciousness.

 

After a long and tiring business trip, he was finally at home. He had work very hard to come as soon as possible and succeeded even if it was just a day earlier. At entering the house where he lived together with his wife he smiled. How he missed this place, at taking off his shoes he notice a couple of heels there.

‘So she’s here’ carefully he walked slowly to gave her a surprise, he saw her walking to the kitchen and continue getting closer. He swears she was more beautiful than the last time he had saw her.  What he didn’t expect was that she was the one giving him a surprise, Hyunseung saw her wobble a little and then she starts falling. In reflex he ran to her and grab Hyuna in his arms.

Immediately he carried her in his car and drive to the nearest hospital. He was freaking out, no matter what he did she didn’t wake up. She had been overworking way too much and probably eating badly without him next to her. At arriving the place he talked to a nurse and she was soon attended making him felt a little better.

Hyunseung was walking in the corridor when she saw her came out of the room and rushed to her. ‘’Hyuna how are you?’’ he asked worried but gladly she seemed fine. ‘’Can we go home?’’ she avoid his question or maybe she was just tired. ‘’Sure’’

The ride to their home was filled with silence, something that was not really normal in Hyuna. They enter their house but the atmosphere was the same worrying him a lot.

‘’Why are you like that? Is something wrong Hyuna?’’ Hyuna sat on their bed and pat the space besides her signaling him to sit. He did as she wanted and she moved so that they were facing each other. Hyunseung saw tears welling up in her eyes and how they start falling nonstop alarming him.

‘’ What happen? Is it something bad?’’ Hyuna shook her head. ‘’Then what is it? Please tell me’’ she smiled confusing him.

‘’I’m just happy’’ a sigh of relief left his lips and hug her but soon after make some distance between them.

‘’Don’t frighten me like that again’’ Hyunseung took Hyuna’s face in his hands and whipped the tears.

‘’Even if you’re happy to see me don’t act like that again’’ Hyuna smiled got wider. ‘’Hyunseung I’m pregnant--’’ ‘’And I thinking you were dyin—‘’  he widened his eyes. ‘Did I heard wrong?’

‘’W-what  d—‘’ before he could continue his sentence Hyuna grabbed his hand and place it on her lower stomach. He glanced at his hand and swiftly looked at her with a wide smile.

‘’Were having a baby?! Really Hyuna?’’ he said still in disbelief but overwhelmed by happiness at seeing her nodding. Hyunseung lift her up and twirl her while she laughed.

‘’Thank you so much’’ he put her down and kissed her face a lot of times while repeating the same words. Hyuna hug him lovingly. ‘’Thanks to you too’’

The end.




Somehow I am very happy that I made it until here, but also sad that I will not write about this story anymore.

However I honestly think this would not have been possible without your support and love. It really gave me strength to know you were there enjoying this. *Bow 90 degrees*

I hope this last chapter was of your liking ^^. What did you think of the epilogue? I think that both will be great parents regardless of what person they marry. Though I would love to see little 2hyuns in the future kkkkkk.  Share your thoughts for this last time ^^.

Kamsahanmida.

Saranghae <333333

Have nice and beautiful days  xD


PS: If you liked this story. I invite you to read my second story name SLEEPING BEAUTY.

Kim Hyuna, a girl with an ability some would consider a gift of heaven and others an evil curse. Something she prefer out of her life, something she didn’t want or need. But somehow thanks to it she found him, Jang Hyunseung.

Will their love be sufficient to fight against the circumstances? Or will their love stay as impossible as it is?