Spinel

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lisa clears as the night is getting more awkward for both of them.

“I should go now, maybe I’ll be able to catch up with the girls at the lobby,” Lisa says while walking to the door.

“Don’t even think about it. They left already,” Kai runs to the door, blocking her exit from the room.

“What? You’re going to keep me in here all night?” Lisa frowns.

“L-let’s go eat rice cake,” Kai stutters.

“My manager warned me about late-night eating habits, it’s not healthy.”

“Don’t act like you care, you love eating late at night,” Kai counters. Lisa sighs as she hears his answer.

“Fine. You better take me to a good restaurant though.” Lisa pushes Kai away from the door and opens it. She can hear Kai calling someone behind her, maybe Suho, asking him to go back to the dorm first. They don’t talk much in the car, Kai's driving, Lisa is staring out the window, admiring the lights illuminating the night.

 

While waiting for their order to come, Kai speaks first.

“How well do you know Taemin?”

“Why?”

“You don’t adress him as a senior.”

“He’s a good friend.”

“He likes you.”

Lisa doesn't know what to answer. Sure, she'd heard rumours about Taemin liking her from another member of her group all the time, but to hear this from Kai, it feels different. She feels a pang in her heart.

“Do you like him?”

“Of course I like him, he’s a good singer, good dancer too. He treats us all so well. Like I said, he’s a good friend.” 

“Don’t be obtuse, Alice. You know what I’m asking for, do you like him romantically?”

“Why do you even bother?” Lisa replies with a sigh.

“Tell me. So that I’ll know if I should start fighting or start backing off...” Kai says. This, of course catches Lisa's attention. He's so frustrating, to the point where she feels like ripping his head off to know what's going on in his mind. She doesn’t understand this man sitting in front of her. Wait, maybe she doesn’t want to understand. She chooses not to answer that question and keeps her gaze on the table instead.

“Looks like you’re not gonna asnwer that.” The waitress comes with their order. They eat in silence, until the last bite.

That night in bed Lisa couldn’t sleep. The members threw a lot of questions at her when she reached her dorm. They asked her where did she went, what did she do, what did they talk about. Lisa ignored all the questions and said she’s tired and went to bed. It’s two in the morning and Lisa still hasn’t dozed off. Her phone vibrates and she sees a text message coming in. It’s from an unknown number,

From : 017 7639 6691

Message : I can’t sleep, but I hope you sleep well. Goodnight.

Lisa wonders who sent it. Then she remembered Kai calling himself from her phone. She checks her call log and sees the number matches with her last call. His number. Kai's number. She saves the number to ‘X’. She quickly replies.

To : X

Message : No. Goodnight.

When Kai receives the message, he's confused. What does the ‘No’ stand for? No, she didn’t sleep well? He shifts his position in bed and decides to send her another message.

To : Alice

Message : No?

After a few minutes, his phone vibrates.

From : Alice

Message : No, I don’t like him that way. Sleep well.

He smile

Please log in to read the full chapter