Lavender

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Life have never been easy, but with Alissa, Kai knows it’s worth it. After the night he proposed to Alissa things seems to fall into their place perfectly. When they came back from Han River that night, Kai’s dad was already home and after Kai sent Alissa to bed, Kai spents hours talking to his dad in the living room. He believes in him again, he believes in life again. When Kai told his dad about their plan to get married Jong Suk can not be anymore happier. He patted his shoulder and told him to go for it.

 

The next day he goes to SM building, to hand in his resignation letter and also to bid goodbye to his brothers. They are in tears when Kai tells them about his cancer and they swear to stay by Kai’s side to get through it. Of course, Kai didn’t forget to tell them about the wedding and after hearing that, the boys sound so excited as if they are the one who’s getting married. They quarell on who should be the groom’s best man and Kai have his smile plasters all over his face watching his hyungs fight over him. They are in their studio and suddenly Suho’s phone rings.

 

“Hello.” Suho answers.

“Suho, is Kai with you?” The woman on the phone asks. In an instant, Suho knows who she is, Lee Soo Man’s secretary.

“Yes he’s here, why?” Suho replies, he looks Kai, signalling him that he’s talking about him.

“Mr.Lee just arrived in his office and he’s wishing to speak to him. Can you please send him up to Mr.Lee’s office?” The woman speaks.

“Sure, give him a minute.” Suho hangs up.

“Kai, Mr.Soo Man wants to see you.” Suho speaks as soon as he shoves his phone into his pockets. Kai controls his expression, knowing this would happen. The boys didn’t know about Soo Man being his biological father, of course. All hell will break loose if they found out, so Kai just nods and walks away.

 

“Hello.” Kai opens the door and take a peek inside Soo Man’s office.

“Kai, come in.” Soo Man lifts his head and looks at Kai. Kai steps in and closes the door behind him. He walks to Soo Man’s desk and sits on the chair. It’s very hard for him to be polite to Soo Man but he holds it in. Alissa have warned him so many times this morning to keep his temper and make sure he didn’t create a scene. He promised her earlier that he’ll behave and right at that moment in the office, he regretted promising her that because he feels his heart is about to explode just being few metres away from Soo Man. Kai didn’t look at Soo Man, he keeps his gaze on the floor.

“I saw your resignation letter. I approve.” Soo Man starts. Kai is still looking at the floor.

“Thanks.” Kai simply replies.

“Your next treatment is tomorrow at 10, I’ve scheduled your appointment with the doctor.” Soo Man says again.

“Thanks again.” Kai replies shortly. Soo Man then sighs.

“Jong In, I know I’ve said this but seriously, I’m sorry.” Soo Man speaks. Kai didn’t answer this time, he keeps his gaze on his laps.

“I should’ve come back for you, but I couldn’t. Your mom loves your dad, Jong In, if I come back to claim you, I’ll break them apart, I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t destroy her life like that.” Soo Man explains.

“And I know I don’t have any rights in the world to be called as your father because I’m a cowardice but I’m still proud tho, to see you now. And please know that maybe what I did with your mother seems like a mistake but you’re not. You’re the best thing that have ever happened in my life, in your mom’s life.”

“So I’m sorry again, for everything. For all the pain I’ve put you through.” Soo Man says, Kai breathes in and then he lifts his head to look at him.

“Do you love her, my mom?” Kai asks.

“My first and last love, Jong In. Only her.” Soo Man replies.

“Why did you guys broke up then, why did you let her go?” Kai asks again.

“We were so young, at that moment we argued a lot. She wanted to settle in and start a family, I want to go and chase my dream. I let her go not because I stop loving her, I let her go because day by day, I fall more inlove with her and I thought I wouldn’t be able to give her the life she wanted. I let her go because I thought she deserve so much more. And that is the worst decision I’ve ever made in my entire life.” Soo Man says.

“So you regret it?” Kai throws another

Please log in to read the full chapter