Topaz

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Caution : DONT KILL ME FOR THIS CHAPTER, BE PREPARED.

 

Alissa didn’t speak a word through out the whole flight. Kris on the other hand, didn’t bother to start a conversation. Even when Taec picks them up at the airport she still wont say a word. Taec understands, even thought he didn’t know what happened in Korea but he knew his sister well enough to get a clear idea of what might happened. Heartache.

The next day Mrs.Park didn’t bother to wake Alissa up. She knows that Alissa needs the most rest she can get so she let Alissa to sleep in until afternoon comes. Kris wakes up pretty early that day, for the sake of seeing Alissa and to check up on her. But to his dismay, when he arrives in Alissa’s house, Mrs.Park tells Kris she don’t want Alissa to be bothered but she is kind enough to invite Kris in for a tea.

“She’s locking herself up or she really havent woken up yet?” Kris asks as he sits on the chair in the kitchen.

“I’m not so sure. I didn’t check on her, I’m trying to give her all the privacy she needs.” Mrs.Park answers. She then pours the drink on a cup then hands it to Kris.

“I didn’t ask her what happened but can you tell me?” Mrs.Park asks Kris once she joins him at the table.

“Kai got engaged. He announced it in an interview. Lisa saw the interview.” Kris asnwers and then he sips his tea. Mrs.Park nods upon hearing this, she somehow expect Kai will do this, so it’s true. When Kai promised he’ll keep Alissa away 4 years back before he left, he really mean it.

“But Kai doesn’t know that Alice is pregnant, no?” Mrs.Park asks.

“No he doesn’t.” Kris answers.

“That explains it.” Mrs.Park says and then she let out a sigh.

“You don’t seem surprised to hear that Kai got engaged.” Kris says.

“I am surprised, I know he will do anything to keep Alice away, I just didn’t now he’d go that far.” Mrs.Park answers.

“You know he will do something to keep Lisa away, why would he keep Lisa away if he loves her, aunty?” Kris asks.

“Because that’s what exactly he promised to do years back. And when you promise something involving your loved one, you keep that promise.” Mrs.Park smiles.

“I don’t get it. He promised you he’ll keep Lisa away?” Kris asks.

“Yes.” Mrs.Park asnwers.

“But I thought he loves her.” Kris says in confusions.

“Exactly why he promised to keep her away.” Mrs.Park answers but this doesn’t seem to clear things up for Kris, as Kris is about to ask another question, they hear footsteps coming into the kitchen. In a flash, Kris forgets all of his doubt, and smiles when he sees Alissa standing there, looking at them, her hair is a mess and her eyes are swollen. Probably because of sleeping and crying.

“Kris.” Alissa says. “Hey mom.” Alissa then turns her head to her mother.

“Ah yes darling, Kris here is to check on you.” Mrs.Park says while beckoning her daughter to come join them at the table.

“You don’t have to come, Kris. I’m good.” Alissa lies.

“It’s okay, it’s not like I have anything to do at home.” Kris decides not to argue about her condition but instead just go along with what she says. They end up having lunch together, but Alissa is still as mute as ever. She didn’t say anything much, heck, she didn’t say anything at all. When she’s done with her dishes, she goes straight upstair back to her room, lock the door, and throws herself on the bed. And then she do it again, things she’s been doing for the past 10 hours, crying.

 

*********************************

 

“Whatever you want to say it, say it quick.” Krystal demands as soon as she reaches the café. Taemin put down his phone and looks up at Krystal.

“Sit.” Taemin orders. He’s not in the mood the friendly or whatever now. Especially not with Krystal. Krystal sits but rolls her eyes.

“What?” Krystal asks.

“Tell me the engagement isnt real.” Taemin says while glaring at her.

“I can’t.” Krystal answers. “Because it’s real.” She continues.

“Stop the bull, Krystal Jung. You guys don’t even love each other.” Taemin snaps.

“Why didn’t you extract the information from your beloved bestfriend himself?” Krystal asks while crossing her chest.

 “I cant stop myself from punching him every time I see his face so talking to him is not a really good idea now.” Taemin answers. Krystal then sighs.

“I know you want a way out, Krystal. I know you’re not happy with all of this idol life we’re having. Is this why you agree on playing along with Kai?” Taemin asks. Krystal’s eyes widen like she just saw a ghost talking to her.

“You don’t have to be surprised. I knew it all long. Don’t think I didn’t notice all the rebellious act you did everytime you got the chance all this while. You’re not happy here, being a puppet of SM, Krystal. I knew it.” Taemin continues. Krystal curses Taemin inside her head, damn it, Taemin is too smart for his own sake.

“Do you know Kai loves somebody?” Taemin asks when Krystal didn’t reply.

“I do. He told me he need to keep her away.” Krystal answers. Taemin nods upon hearing this.

“So it’s true then, the engagement isnt real. It’s just to keep ‘this girl’ away, isn’t?” Taemin says and then Krystal rolls her eyes again.

“Fine, you got this. So what?” Krystal snaps.

“The girl he’s trying to keep away is pregnant with his child.” Taemin says. Krystal is beyond shock, she looks at Taemin like he just grew three h

Please log in to read the full chapter