Coral

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kris convices Alissa to tell the father of her child about the pregnancy. Alissa on the other hand, being the headstrong girl she have always been, says no to Kris every single time. It’s been a week since the incident where Alissa passed out and Kris took her to the hospital, and in that whole week there’s not a day where Kris forget to call her and ask her how she’s doing and remind her again and again to consider telling the father of her child she’s carrying.

That weekend Alissa’s mom invites Kris and her mom, Vivian to come over and have lunch at their place, considering the fact that Mr.Wu is out of town for some business meeting. After lunch, Vivian talks to Kris on their way back to their house.

“Lisa is pregnant, isn’t she?” Vivian voices, she’s not exactly asking Kris, for she already knows what is the answer.

“Yes. How do you know” Kris asks.

“It’s not that hard to tell, I’ve been in that situation. She’s more careful on every move she takes, when she’s doing the dishes she left a space between her stomach and the sink, she’s glowing, she’s chubbier. Do you know whose is it?” Vivian asks.

“She wont tell me, but I think it’s someone back in Korea.” Kris asnwers her mom.

“Is that why you’ve been calling her for almost every day now?” Her mom asks again. Vivian notices every call he makes to Park’s resident this lately. She was actually happy to see Kris socializing, even if his only friend is Alissa, but now knowing that she is pregnant, Vivian doesn’t know how to feel about it anymore.

“Yes. I need to make sure if she’s okay.” Kris answers.

“It’s not your responsibility to take care of her, Kris.” Her mom says. As much as she likes Alissa, she couldn’t bear the thought of Alissa using Kris just because the father of the child she’s carrying is not with her. What mother want her son to end up with a girl who’s already pregnant with another man? The truth is Vivian have always admires Alissa, she thinks she’s pretty and very well mannered, she even thought of pairing Kris and Alissa up looking at how well they have gotten along with each other since Kris’ accident. But after finding out about her pregnancy, Vivian sighs heavily inside her mind. Life have always have different plan for us all, she thought.

“I know it’s not my responsibilty, I’m not tied to her by any relation, but I just feel like doing it. I feel at ease to know that she’s okay, Mom. I don’t know why I just do.” Kris answers, and with that, Vivian sighs again, for she exactly know where is this going to end. Heartache.

................................

Alissa agreed to come with Kris to the mall that day. He needs to do some shopping and he thought Alissa needs to buy few things also. When Alissa is about to pay for the clothes she picks, Kris stands beside her. Something in Alissa’s purse catches his attention, a picture of her and a boy. Kris takes few seconds to process what he just saw, because the boy inside the picture is so familiar. After few rounds of struggling with his own memory, he figured it out. It’s him.

“I’ll have the crab dim sum please.” Alissa orders and the waitress goes away with their order. Kris is contemplating, wheter to ask Alissa or not. But the thing about him contemplating is he is now starring at Alissa like she’s the only one he sees in the restaurant. Alissa notices he’s starring at her, hen she clears to bring him back to the reality.

“What is it?” Alissa asks Kris.

“I think……I need to ask you something.” Kris answers.

“And that is?” Alissa asks again.

“When you were paying for your clothes, I saw a picture in your purse.” Kris says, Alissa tenses up when she hears this. Please don’t ask who is him please please please she is mentally begging in her mind.

“Hmmm, what about it?” Alissa asks again.
“The boy in your picture. It’s him.” Kris says. Alissa sighs, knowing she have to admit that he is the father of her child sooner or later, so why not now.

“Yeah, it’s him.” Alissa whispers.

“Wait, you know what I’m talking about?” Kris asks now. Alissa is confused by hearing this.

“Well, if you want to ask if he’s the father of my child, yes he is.” Alissa admits. Kris is taken aback by this, because that is not what he meant. He didn’t meant him in that way.

“Lisa, actually…….he’s the man I saw in my dream. The one I told you that cries himself to sleep every night.” Kris says.

………………………

 

Alissa walked back to her house that day without Kai. He stayed back at school for his basketball practice. When she walked into her house, she noticed her mom have a guest. They were talking in the livingroom. She took a peek, and saw Kai’s mother was sitting on the couch in her livi

Please log in to read the full chapter