Garnet

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Seriously, where are you taking me?” Alissa asks Kai for she don’t even know how many times already. Kai just keep smirking while keeping his eye on the road, driving. That morning Kai had told Alissa that they’ll be going somehwere tonight so when the clock striked 6 p.m, Kai have asked Alissa to dress nicely and follow him out of the house.

“Why are you so impatient?” Kai smiles sarcasticaly at her.

The ride is long, Alissa have to admit. At some point, she gives up wondering and just falls into a deep slumber. When she feels a nudge on her left arm, she stirs for a while before waking up.

“Alice, c’mon, wake up, we’re here.” She can hears Kai’s whispering at her. She takes few good seconds before she completely opens her eyes and when she finally done, she finds Kai’s face directly in front of her. Kai then gives her a light peck on the lips and then he pulls away to look at her with a grin. Alissa’s clearly not expecting that, she have just woken up from sleep but Kai is being his usual mischiveous self so Alissa decides to just rolls her eyes at him. She then turns around to look at her surrounding and that’s when she widens her eyes in disbelief.

“Oh God, are we really in a place I think we are?” Alissa beams at Kai. Kai smiles at her, and then he nods his head.
“Why?” Alissa asks.

“I just miss this place.” Kai answers. Alissa then smiles at him, admitting, that she too, miss the school that once they went together. They’re back in Suncheon. Back in the place that holds so much memory for both of them.

A place where they grew up together. A place where they learnt to love each other.

Kai parks his car in front of the school compound and then he opens his door, jogs to the other side of the car to open Alissa’s door. He then takes her hand into his, and then he leads the way.

“Are you sure we are allowed to be in here?” Alissa whispers to his ear which she have to tiptoes a bit, considering their height difference. Kai think it’s cute, screw that, Kai thinks everything about her is cute.

“I talked to the guard, he remembers me.” Kai smiles at her confidently. Alissa didn’t ask anymore, knowing that even if they’re not allowed to be in here, she’s still trespass this school with him. Hell, she’ll do anything with him.

When Kai leads her to the stairs, she knows immediately where Kai is taking her. The rooftop.

Kai takes out a blanket from his bagpack that he had brought earlier. Alissa smiles shyly at Kai’s act, flutters at the thought that Kai had actually prepared this for her. When Kai is done lying the blanket on the floor, he sits on it, looks at her and then he pats at the empty spot beside him, signalling her to sit with him. Alissa didn’t want a second, she takes her flats off and then she steps on the blanket, and then sits beside him.

They sit so close that their shoulders are touching, but they keep their hands to each other. They want to hold each other so bad, being in each other’s embrace, but something is stopping them. Then it hit Alissa, so this is how it feels like later. She will always feel close to him, but she wont be able to touch him, hug him, and nuzzles to him. He feels it too, and he don’t like it. It's not the cancer that is killing him. It's the fact how hurt she is that kills him.

“Why the rooftop? We don’t have any memory up here.” Alissa is the one to break to silence.

“I want to make one.” Kai replies and he turns to look at her. He loves seeing what’s in front of him. Her.

“Let’s lie down then, let’s look at the stars.” Alissa suggests.

“Alright.” Kai replies and then he lies down on his back. Alissa then follows suit.

It is indeed a beautiful night. The sky is dark, but it’s glowing by light of the stars. They look at the stars in silence. Trying to savour each moment, because they’re not sure if they’ll have the chance to do this again.

“Do you know that stars have short life span?” Alissa begins.

Please log in to read the full chapter