Moonstone

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Alissa, Jong In is dying.” And with that, Alissa’s world stop revolving.

Her first reaction is to hold her belly and then lower her head so Jung Ah wont see her dead reaction. Jong In is dying, her Kai is dying. What?

“He was diagnosed with a brain tumor the day he passed out in school, Alice.” Jung Ah continues. She knows she shouldn’t burden her with the details but Alissa have the right to know. Alissa is still looking at the floor, hands on her belly.

 

“How long does he have?” Alissa half whisper half asking.

“Alice, this is something you should talk to him by yourself.” Jung Ah replies then she holds her hand.

“I’m sorry.” Jung Ah whispers.

****************************

 

When Krystal left, Kai stays in his bed. Thinking of what he have to do. Then his phone rings, he picks it up, and see an internation number. He slides to answer the call and put it near his ear.

“Jong In.” The woman says.

“Noona! Is that you?” Kai replies and then he sits up abruptly.

“Yes it’s me. Where are you?” Jung Ah asks.

“In the dorm, why?” Kai replies.

“I’m in Canada, Jong In. I bumped into Alice just now.” Jung Ah says. Kai’s heart stop beating for a second and he muster all his courage to reply to his sister.

“Did you tell her?” Kai asks.

“I did. I’m sorry, Jong In.” Jung Ah replies.

 

****************************

 

Alissa throws her shopping bag on her bed and then throws herself on it after that. She’s still crying, she’s been crying since the moment she enters her car. She’s been crying the whole way she’s driving back to her house. Kai is dying, and the last time she saw him she was running away from him, not giving him the chance to even talk to her. She screwed up, she screwed up big time. She should’ve known. She should’ve known Kai wont betray her easily and leave her hanging if it’s not for something big.

 

‘Whatever I did, I did it for you, Alice’

‘I hope I’ll live long enough to see you next time.’

‘No, I left so that you and me will have a better future.’

‘Alice, I’m sorry. For what have happened and for what to come.’

‘What I really wish is for me to be granted more time to be with you.’

‘I’m not going to cause you anymore pain, eventhought it’ll kill me to try’

 

Suddenly all the words from Kai come hit Alissa in her mind. It makes sense, it all make sense now. It make sense why Kai left, it make sense why Kai didn’t reply to her anymore after she left for Canada. But damn it, if Kai really want to keep Alissa away then why didn’t he avoid her when he saw her in that studio a month ago? But then Alissa brushes the thought away. She didn’t want Kai to ignore and avoid her, all she wants is Kai here, with her.

****************************

 

As soon as Kai hangs up, he runs outside of his room and goes to find Suho.

“Suho hyung!” Kai bursts into his room.

“What?” Suho looks at Kai, confused.

“I’m flying to Canada. I need to see Alice.” Kai says hastily and with that, Suho smiles.

Suho helps to get Kai to the aiport as soon as possible. He also booked a ticket for him. He didn’t tell the manager or the company, of course. They wont let Kai go. Suho don’t know what happened that Kai suddenly got the urge to find Alissa, considering the fact how broken he was the night before, but this is a good thing. They’ll sort it out and they’ll get their old Kai back. The hyper and dancing machine Kai. Suho hugs Kai before he boards, telling him to fight for it. Because love, is the only thing worth fighting for in the whole wide world.

 

****************************

 

Kai couldn’t put his mind at ease, what will he say. How will Alissa react. Will she push him away, doesn’t want him anymore because he hurt so much that it is too much to take? Wont she reject him because now she knows that he’s dying and he have no future to offer Alissa? But then again, he have to take the risk, because he wont underestimate the love they share.

Suho gave Kai Alissa’s adress so as soon as h

Please log in to read the full chapter