Shells

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

14 hours of flight from Canada to Korea is a torture. Alissa feel sick all the time, she feel helpless. She don’t like it. Maybe it’s the pregnancy, but she still don’t like it. What makes it bearable is that she have Kai sitting beside her, holding her hand, squeezing it when he sense she get a little shaky at times. And she kept quiet the whole time, wondering about the time when she will not have him on her side to do this anymore.

Apparently Kai’s family is living in Gangnam. He told her on the flight that they will be staying at his mother’s house. His other sister, Jun Myeon is still living with his mother, and Jung Ah travels a lot. In fact, she’s still in Canada at the time being, with her boyfriend.

When they walk into that big white house, they can hear two voices. Two voices that belong to a man and a women but after a few second, Kai and Alissa pick up the voices, one belong to his mother while the other belong to a man they never expected to hear, his father. Kai’s father.

And with that, Kai’s clenches his fist.

The next thing Alisa knows is Kai is already grabbing the man’s collar. Kai looks furious, he looks like he’s about to kill somebody. Alissa grows panics, she havent deal with this side of Kai for a very long time already. He’s a man now, she cannot just barge into the fight and push him aside. So she stands there, looking at them with teary eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Kai hisses, still holding on to his father’s collar.

“Kim Jong In.” Mr.Kim calls him name calmly.

“Jong In, please, let him go.” His mother cries.

“No mom, what is he even doing here? To beat you up again? Because I’m not gonna let that happen!” Kai yells at Mr.Kim’s face.

“He’s not gonna beat me, Jong In. That’s all in the past. Let him go.” His mother pleads again. This time, Kai let him go, but only after he throws him a good punch on his right cheek.

“Jong In!” His mother cries at Kai’s action, Mr.Kim now tries to regain his composure after being punch and when he’s finally stable, he takes a look at Kai.

“Guess I deserve that after all.” He says but there’s sadness in his eyes. Not the eyes he always showed when he was beating them up in old days. It’s the eyes of repent, the eyes of remorse.

“No, you don’t deserve a punch. You deserve to be thrown into a deep hole somewhere far from humanity and rot in there until you die!” Kai yells again.

“Jong In, show him some respect!” His mother shouts back at him now. Alissa is watching all of this at the corner of the livingroom, still not saying anything. It’s not a new image after all, she have seen this family bicker million of times before.

“What respect, mom? He’s nothing but a monster!” Kai shouts and then he walks to Alissa, snatches her wrist and pulls her with him. Alissa bows to Mr. and Mrs. Kim while Kai’s dragging her.

“Alissa?” Mrs.Kim calls but then Alissa cannot stop, because Kai is pulling her hard.

 

*******************************

 

Kai slams the door behind him which startles Alissa. Alissa flinches a bit and then she turns to look at Kai who is standing behind her. His eyes are hollow, she couldn’t see anything.

“Sorry for scaring you like that.” Kai says, but Alissa don’t know this man that is standing in front of her. Kai is so cold, and for once, Alissa is very scared. She didn’t reply back, she blinks for a few times, trying to tell herself this is Kai. When Kai sees her face stays like that for few seconds he knows he screwed up. He should have not thrown his tantrum like that in front of Alissa.  His eyes soften and then he reaches for her, taking her into his embrace.

“You really are scared. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” Kai nuzzles his head against his neck. “I cannot stand it, seeing him there, it brings back too many memories. Too many bad memories.” Kai now sounds more like him, sounds more like a man she loves. She then wraps her arms around his neck and then pulls him closer to her. She didn’t say anything, she don’t know what to. They just talked about this before they came, and now here he is.

“I’m jetlagged. Can we just go to sleep?” Alissa sugests one thing she knows Kai would say yes to.

 

*******************************

 

When Alissa wakes up she feels Kai’s body behind her, hugging her. She hears his steady breath so she knows he’s still in a deep sleep. She then removes his arm slowly, tryin

Please log in to read the full chapter