Violet

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Mrs.Kim knocks the door of Kai’s room, Alissa knows something is wrong. The knock is desperate, the knock sends a chilling warning through their spine. It’s an unspoken comprehension. Kai abruptly lifts his head and look at the door, and then he looks at Alissa. Alissa shrugs and then she walks hastily to the door, opens it, only to finds Mrs.Kim in tears and is panting.

“Alissa, Jong In.” Mrs.Kim’s eyes widly scans the room to find Kai and when her eyes finally lands on him, she continues. “Jong In, your dad got shot.” She cries even harder.

Alissa drives them to the hospital, Kai is too shaken to drive, Mrs.Kim is too vulnerable to get a hold of herself. True, this is the man they’ve been living without for years, the man they’re trying to forget, but after what have occurred, Alissa doubts they want anything bad happen to him. Afterall, he is still the husband to Mrs.Kim, considering they’ve never gotten a divorce, and he’s still the dad to both of Kai’s sister and most importantly, still the man that raised Kai and Kai loves.

 

**************************

 

As soon as they reach the hospital, it’s all blury moment for Alissa. All of the rush is giving her a headache so when she thinks she cant keep up with Kai and Mrs.Kim who is now practically running to get to the surgery room, she pulls Kai’s hand and tells him she’s going to the cafe to grab a coffee. Kai thinks Alissa wants to spare them a family time alone so he let her go, and Alissa realizes Kai is too worried for his dad to notice how dizzy and weak Alissa is actually is.

When Alissa finds a waiting room, she steps inside, sits on one of the chair there and dozes off. Her head is throbbing and she couldn’t take anymore drama for the night. She holds her belly, caressing it, making sure that she and the baby is fine. Her baby, their baby.

The receptionist on that level tells Kai and Mrs.Kim that Jong Suk is still in the surgery room, they are still trying to get the bullet out of his body. Kai then talks to the police officer who found his father and he explains to Kai that his father was found on a dark alley, shot in the shoulder and lost a lot of blood. The police officer says it might be gang roberry because his wallet wasn’t found with him.

Mrs.Kim and Kai both sigh, and then they sit on the chair outside of the surgery room, praying and hoping that Jong Suk will be fine.

When Alissa feels a nudge on her shoulder she mumbles a few thing. Then she feels a pair of arm closing the space between her and the latter, completely taking Alissa into that person’s arm. She opens one of her eyes and looks up, relieve because she sees Kai looking down at her, smiling. She then widens both of her eyes when she remembers that they are in the hospital and Kai’s dad got shot.

“Oh God, Kai, how’s your dad?” Alissa pulls away from him to get a clearer image of his face.

“He’s fine, they managed to get the bullet out but he lost a lot of blood so he’s sleeping now.” Kai answers. For once, Alissa feels relaxed, relaxed at how Kai is talking naturally about his dad. She smiles at him.

“And, I’m sorry for leaving you, I was so worried about him.” Kai says and then he takes her into his arm again.

“You didnt leave me.” Alissa says against his chest. “What time is it?” Alissa asks.

“5 in the morning. I don’t want to wake you up but your back will probably hurt if you continue to sleep on the chair. Let’s go home.” Kai suggests.

“You don’t want to stay here with your dad?” Alissa asks.

“Mom will stay with him, we’ll come again tomorrow after you got a proper sleep.” Kai kisses her forehead.

 

**************************

 

When they made it to Kai’s house it’s already 0547 in the morning and Alissa goes straight to the bed, throws herself on it and closes her eyes. Kai who enters his room after locking the house door chuckles at how cute Alissa looks on the bed. He bends down and whispers to her.

“Baby, at least get your clothes change. Those are not really comfortable to sleep in.” Kai whispers referring to a pair of jeans and hoodie Alissa is wearing. Alissa didn’t budge. She hears him but she’s too lazy to respond.

“Fine, I’ll do it for you.” Kai smirks and almost in a flash Alissa catches his wrist and shoots him a death glare.

“Don’t even think about it.” Alissa hisses.

“C’mon, it’s not like I havent seen them before.” Kai replies playfully. Alissa frowns, it’s been so long since she last seen Kai so mischievous like this. Considering the matter at hand now, about his dad and Soo Man and his mom, maybe Kai just want a breather. Maybe Kai just wants to forget the world for a while and just get lost in their own little world. And maybe, just maybe Alissa can help him to do just that. Forget the world. She smirks at the thought and then closes both of her eyes back.

“Do it, I’m all yours after all.” She says and then she hears Kai giggles. Few seconds after that, she feels her jeans being pull down and the coldness starts to bite every inch of her bare skin, only to be replaced with a comfortable pants.

 

**************************

 

 

Alissa goes to the cafeteria in the hospital with Mrs.Kim that morning. Kai has insisted her mom to take a breakfast with Alissa, since Alissa too havent had her breakfast yet. Mrs.Kim then agrees and let Kai watch over his dad. When his mom and Alissa leave the room, Kai swe

Please log in to read the full chapter