Amber

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Kai finally registers what the two men are talking about he quickly turn on the engine of his car and then drives away from the parking lot. The two men who then realizes the existence of somebody else in the parking lot then turn both of their head to look at the speeding car not far from them.

“, that's Kai’s car!” Soo Man hisses.

Kai is driving furiously. He is losing his mind. Kai is positive that the women they were talking about is her mother and the boy is him. It makes sense, it all makes sense now.

It makes sense why he never look like his dad. It makes sense why he never look like the grandparents from his father’s side as well. Make sense why they don’t share the same blood type. It makes sense why he didn’t get his father’s lips while two of his older sister got. It all make sense, it makes sense because he is not the son of his dad. He’s the flesh and blood of somebody else. And suprisingly, Kai hates it.

Alissa was right, no matter how bad his dad has turned into after their company went bankrupt, he was a wonderful dad. Kai loved him, screw that, Kai still loves him. You don’t hate your family member, no matter what they do to you. But now, knowing the man he has called dad for his entire life is not his real dad, it kills him. He thought he’ll be happy to at least know that Jong Suk is not his dad, but he is wrong. He doesn't like it, he hates it. Loathes it, even. 

When he reaches his house, he slams the door of the car and makes a rush to the house. He finds his mom in the living room reading a magazine. He walks to her abruptly and stands in front of her. Kai’s mom realizes his presence so she puts down the magazine on her laps and smiles at him.

“Oh you’re home earlier that I thought.” Mrs.Kim smiles at him.

“Yeah, because I saw the CEO of the company I’m working for talking to my dad.” Kai feels bad, Kai feels bad pronouncing the word ‘dad’ now that he knows he’s not his real dad. Mrs.Kim’ eyes widens straight away.

“Jong In, it’s not like what you think…..”

“Not like what I think?! I heard them, mom! You really cheated on dad?” Kai raises his voice.

“What did you hear?” Mrs.Kim asks.

“Everything! Don’t try to hide anything from me anymore, mom.” Kai scowls. His loud voice echoes through out the house, Alissa who is in the bedroom earlier rushes downstair upon hearing his voice. When she reaches the living room, she finds Kai standing in front of his mom with that familiar pissed-off face of Kai.

“Kai? What happened?” Alissa asks and then she mentally slaps herself for being so stupid to interfere in their problem.

“This is none of your concern, go.back.to.my room.” Kai says without even looking at Alissa. Alissa knows this is bad, she has dealt with various level of Kai’s madness, and this is the highest level of all.

And suddenly, the door of the house is opened. Revealing a man, panting, Soo Man. Alissa immediately widen her eyes, not knowing why the CEO of SM Entertainment is in Kai’s house.

“Hye Ri ah” Soo Man says while still trying to catch his breath. Lee Soo Man knows Kai’s mom? And he adresses her without her family name? Wow, Alissa thinks.

“Get out of here!” Kai suddenly yells at Soo Man. Alissa’s eyes opens wider at this. Since when Kai is so rude to Soo Man? This lad is the CEO of the company he’s working at. 

“Kai ahhh….” Soo Man tries to say something but then Kai turns his head to his mom again.

“Is it true? Just answer me one thing, am I not dad’s son?” Kai asks. There is silence, Mrs. Kim is not replying, Soo Man is holding his breath, and Kai is still waiting for the answer from his mom.

“No, you’re not.” His mom finally speaks for what seems like an eternity for them. Kai is taken aback from this, Alissa can tell. He’s shaking now, he’s shaking so bad. He then turns around and walks upstairs, ignoring Alissa when he walks pass her. Mrs.Kim looks at Alissa then, and she replies the gaze with the same sad look. When Alissa snaps out from her thought, she turns to look at Lee Soo Man who is standing there and abruptly bows to him.

“Mr.Lee” Alissa says while bowing.

“Miss Park.” Soo Man replies her in a very bussiness like tone. She then excuses herself to go and find Kai, because she knows how miserable this may look like, Kai needs her. She needs him.

 

********************

 

Alissa knocks on the door of Kai’s room, aware of the fact that Kai has locked it and he has no intention to talk to anybody. But it’s not like Alissa can go anywhere else. Soo Man is in the living room with Kai’s mother, the other room is not hers so it is inappropiate for her to enter, to go to the kitchen she’ll have to pass the livingroom which will be awkward as meeting Mr.Lee and Mrs Kim is the last thing she wants in her list right now. So she stands there, knocking at Kai’s door, hoping there’s a slight remorse in Kai’s heart so that he’ll open the door for her. After a few knocks, the door is still closed in front of her. Alissa sighs.

“You’re seriously not going to open the door, Kai?” Alissa speaks. No reply. Alissa knocks again.

“If you’re going to talk about what happened downs

Please log in to read the full chapter