Pearl

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

As if hearing Alissa’s voice after almost a week not seeing her is not bad enough, hearing the news that she’s getting married is like adding the salt to the wound. Kris is beyond painful.

“Sure.” Kris replies, all his sanity pleads him not to promise her that he’ll be there but he cannot do it. Kris hears Alissa breathes out, like she’s been holding her breath all along, waiting for his answer. Then, he hears Alissa gasps.

“Who’re you talking to?” Kris recognize the voice at the back, Kai’s.

 

When Alissa feels something is wrapping her wrist she swears so is so shocked she can almost faint.

“Who’re you talking to?” Kai asks her while nuzzling his head into her neck. Alissa slaps him hand in annoyance and rolls her eyes. She clears and starts talking back.

“Hey, I’m sorry. Ehmm Kris, I need to go. Thanks for saying you’ll come.” Alissa says. When Kai hears Kris’ name, he tighten his hold around her waist. He realizes how close Kris and Alissa have gotten since they practically saw each other a lot in Canada, and Kai remembers how Kris stopped him from seeing Alissa in the aiport last time, and now hearing his Alice talking to Kris on the phone, he’ll be lying if he say he didn’t feel anything wrong.

“Sure, what friends are for, right.” Kris forces that one out. Alissa notices the awkwardness but decides to ignore it.

“Alright, I’ll see you soon…” Alissa says and Kai quickly cut her.

“Tell him I say goodbye.” Kai says.

“Anddddd, Kai says goodbye.” Alissa closes her eyes while delivering the message to Kris.

“Tell him I say goodbye too, and I’ll see you soon. Bye Lisa.” Kris says, Alissa waits for him to hang up, and apparently, he did.

 

Alissa presses the lock button on her phone and turns around to take a look at Kai. Much to her surprise, she finds a tall fine lad, only with his towel wrapping not even a half of his lower body, wet hair and a few drops of water streaming down his bare chest, looking down at her, smirking. She rolls her eyes, not because she’s annoyed at him, but because she’s annoyed at herself for she’s actually enjoying the view in front of her.

 

“You were talking to Kris hyung?” He asks.

“Yes.” Alissa answers. “Btw, that was fast. You sure you showered alright?” Alissa raises her eyebrows.

“No, actually I’m not done with my shower yet.” Kai plasters another smirk on his face.

“Then?” Alissa asks.

“I was wondering…..if you can help me scrub my back.” He keeps on smirking. Alissa facepalms herself and shakes her head.

“You ert, what should I do with you.” Alissa sighs but then she shoves him and then they both make their ways to the bathroom.

 

******************

 

When Kris hang up he feels like half of his life is taken away from him. He shouldn’t have fall too hard, she shouldn’t have mean this much to him. But things happened, and he can not control how he feels about her. All those days when she used to take him to the hospital sure have left a big impact on Kris’ heart. And when he found out that she’s pregnant, the first time she ever look so vulnerable in front of his eyes, he couldn’t help but to fall harder, to feel more protective over her.

 

He has to admit it’s hard for him to accept the fact that she made up with Kai, and when he heard her with Kai for the first time in her house that day he felt so small, he felt almost invisible. After Alissa decided to leave for Korea with Kai, he has been trying so hard to shove away all of his feeling for her, and just when he thought he has made it, she called him and told him she’s getting married. Cruel, cruel fate.

 

But that’s life, he realizes. It’s not all about rainbow and miracle, it’s about heartbreak, survival and getting stronger. He didn’t regret loving her, he looks at it as a form of a gift. And he thank God for the day He decided to send Alissa into his life. Even if she didn’t love him the way he loves her, he’s thankful for the fact that he knows her. He closes his eyes then he cries. Knowing this is a part of gift that he has to let go when it wasn’t even his at the first place. Her.

 

 

******************

 

kai

Please log in to read the full chapter