Citrine

As Long As You Love Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

I flip my hair as I finish the dance. My breath quickens and my chest moves up and down. Our choreographer, Miss Nina switches off the radio and tells us we did great. We get off from our last pose and begin stretching and warming up because that would be our last dance for the night. As we're stretching on the floor, Miss Nina says does something she usually does, commenting each of us on our moves. When it comes to my turn, I pay close attention.

“Lisa, you’ve always been the best dancer, but if you keep dancing the way you always do, I’m afraid you’re going to get injured. It’s not all about technical, sometimes, you have to add the feeling into it.”

And yes, Miss Nina is right. I love dancing, but now it feels like I’ve lost the feeling of it. I’m not dancing like I was four years ago.

“Tomorrow, you guys will be meeting somebody that can help you guys. They’re going to be your mentors for few days, maybe few weeks as they have now finished with their world tour. You guys will be receiving helps and advise from Kai and Lay from EXO.”

I flinch right away when she mentions Kai. Yoona, who is sitting beside me, notices my reaction. She knows, she knows what I had with Kai in the past. The other girls are giggling by the news. Miss Nina dismisses us, but I remain in the studio. Yoona stays with me. When the girls finally leave the room, Yoona finally speaks up.

“Are you okay, Lisa?”

I nod my head, but truthfully I'm not okay. I'm nervous, I'm thrilled, I'm excited, I'm sad, I;m mad, I'm everything at once. . It’s not like I never imagined meeting him again, it’s just, I thought maybe I’ll see him few years later when we have finally debuted. I have been so careful all this while to move in and out from this SM building to not encounter him.

“It’s okay. I’ve been prepared for this. It’s been four years, after all.” I finally tell Yoona. No, not telling. Lying.

Yoona moves closer towards me and hugs me.

“You’ll get through this,” she whispers.

I wipe my tears and pray for better tomorrow.

 

The next day I wake up with a jolt. It’s the same dream every night. Yoona's already in the shower, I can hear the water streaming. I get out of bed and open my wardobe. I pull out tights, a slim fit Nike jersey and a hoodie. Once Yoona finishes showering, I take my turn. In the car I keep quiet. Yoona doesn't bother to ask, she knows exactly why. The other three girls, Hyo Rin, Bella and Raina are as chatty as ever. They talk about how excited they are to be meeting Kai and Lay today, but I seriously don’t give a damn.

When we get to the studio I choose to stand at the furthest corner of the room, stretching. Not long after that, there’s a knock at the door. The girls giggle as the door opens, revealing our choreographer Miss Nina with two figures behind her. They walk into the room and at the first sight I see him. Damn it, he’s good looking. He looks even better. When Miss Nina, Kai and Lay made it to the middle of the room, the other four girls stand in front of them. And then I hear Miss Nina speak.

“Okay, Yoona, Hyo Rin, Bella, Raina, and...where’s Lisa? Do we have Lisa with us today?”

And that’s when the girls decided to divide into two, revealing me to Miss Nina, and that’s when our eyes meet.

 

*Narrator*

 

When he lay his eyes on her eyes, he feels a pang in his heart. He feels like all the air in the room have been out and he swears he finds it hard to breath. The situation isn’t easy for her as well, she feels her heart stop beating, like she’s dead and she’s now looking at an angel. Except that he is no

Please log in to read the full chapter