The Future

Straight Into The Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ignore every text messages that my mom sent me. I arrived at home at noon after school and after that I went straight to bed without having lunch. I was craving for food when I woke up. I walked downstairs and found the house empty and silent. Realizing that no one was home and obviously mom didn’t leave any food at home when she decided to ditch me, I opened the cabinet and took a cup of ramen. While I waited until it’s cooked, my phone vibrated on the table. I grabbed my phone and opened it. It’s an unknown number again. I bet it’s from Joon, ‘cause I didn’t save his number when he text me at school. I was going to delete it but it could be something important. I opened the text and read it.

Unknown number: “Akari! How are you dear? It’s me Mei. I missed you so so so much! Guess what? I’m moving to Seoul next week! My dad is transferred to Korea. And I’ll be studying there until college. Let’s meet up. I texted you again when I’m there.

P.S. This is my new number. Save it okay?

Mei? My best friend since pre-school who moved to China? I smiled widely at her text. I can’t wait until next week. Oh! I have to ask her where she will be studying. I was going to send the text but then I realize how much it costs. I doubt it that she’s already in Seoul. I canceled it and then put my phone back. I took my cup of ramen and took it to the living room. I sat in the couch and the television. I eat my ramen while watching the latest news. Nothing interesting except for this entertainment show. And a news flash too, about the hottest celebs.

“SM will soon have a new Male Idol Group” the tittle of the news said. I raised my eyebrows looking at the television screens. Isn’t the school were fussing about it this afternoon? You know the teacher’s meeting and all the stuff. Could it be this group? The camera was pointing at a group of teenage boys around my age who are gathering inside a dance studio. The camera was pointing from a little gap from the door. I bet it’s one of the studios they have in SM building. The camera moves to a different angle that made it capture some of the member that the camera didn’t record before.

Then I saw a figure that looked familiar. He had a brown hair – though I can see that he dyed it from black to brown, and his ear is pierced. He’s tall and when he smiles his dimple showed up. He was talking to another guy taller than him. The other guy has some kind of serious face, even when he smiles. I tried to remember what happened for the past few days, ‘cause I swear that I saw him before somewhere. The screen changed into an interview of SM’s dance instructor. He was talking about the new male group and how they have progressed well at training. Then the news flash ended and started the music program.

I looked at my ramen and it was empty. I ate them all while I was watching. I must’ve been really hungry. Or I was just too concentrated watching the news and ate it too fast. I cleaned up and turned off the television. I walked upstairs to my room and reached my bed. I tucked myself in and prayed before I went to a really good sleep.

 

I woke up and realize that the sun was high enough to tell that it was afternoon already. I looked at the clock and it was already 11 AM. Damn it, my driver was supposed to pick me up at 9. I rushed to the bathroom and I took a quick bath. It only took about 5 minutes and then I hurried to the closet. I picked the easiest and the comfiest clothes to wear. After I dressed up, I took my suitcase, my phone, and my backpack downstairs. I ran through the front door and gave my suitcase to the driver. I closed the door and locked the front door. I got into the car and exhaled when I sit in the backseat. Then the car started to move and before you know it, we’re leaving Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter