The Wound

Straight Into The Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were a bit distracted during your geography class. You felt bad for Lay. You thought you were too hard on him. You knew that he felt responsible for the bullying that you’ve been getting from those fangirls and you made him feel much worse by your harsh words back at the hallway. You glance to the back to where his place was and looked at him. His face is serious now; you thought that he was concentrating on the lesson. If last week was about America, this week was about Asia. And we’re talking about the main thing that we need to know from the continent and one of them is about China being the widest country in Asia and also in the world.

You thought that he might be concentrating because he misses his hometown, his birthplace. And you thought that you need to be concentrating as well. So you sighed and shrugged to remove the burden that you felt and turned back to face the board. You tried to concentrate the best you can and just ignore the problems that you were having with him. We just got married today and we’re already having problems with each other. How pathetic. You thought to yourself. You shook your head and back on concentrating.

The class ended shortly after that. You followed you classmates outside with your things already packed. And you walked to your locker. You’ve seen Mei just walked outside the class with some girls. She bade them goodbye and skipped towards your direction.

“Hey girlfriend!” she greeted you excitedly.

You were putting your books to your locker and rolled your eyes. If you ever found Mei acting so weird or so happy, you knew that something big has happened to her. And you knew the moment she showed up to you, she would drop the bomb at you and you will get affected. “What’s up with you?” you said while you check your things. You didn’t even turn to face her. You knew her too well to be confused at her action.

Mei sighed; she grabbed your wrist and shook it hard until finally you gave up and turned to face here. You prepared yourself to hear really big news. “Can you be more caring for once? Even for your bestfriend?” she asked. And she adds a little bit of aegyo while she asks that. You always hated aegyos.

“I can, but you’re too predictable and I knew you too well for you not to notice that. So what happened? Tell me.” You raised your eyebrow at her.

“Okay well.. Today I had my second period class as usual; then I met those six clowns, as usual; then someone told me that someone is paired with their husband.”

You widened your eyes and you took a sudden move. You placed your hand on ; she gasped at your sudden reaction. You kept your hand covering and you didn’t realize that you’re covering her whole mouth. You could feel that she gasped for air inside your mouth. You then realize your action and uncovered . She gasped for more air this time. And when she finally regained herself, she straightened up and yelled. “What the hell!?”

You tried you cover again and she shoved your hand away. “You were too loud,” you said innocently. You were being honest. Her yelling causes the people that pass the hallway to turned to your direction. They stared at you because of that. “Sorry.” You bowed to them.

You turned to face her again. You sighed and spoke to her. “Yes what you heard was true. But it was nothing really, it’s not that important anyway.” You explained.

“Seriously Akari? Are you really that oblivious?” she said. And crossed her arms and gave you a demanding look.

“I’m being oblivious? To what?” you raised your eyebrow. You didn’t understand what she meant.

“You really need someone to smack you in the head. Don’t you realize it yet? Last week, you just got yourself a loving and caring husband. And from what I saw, is that you haven’t treated him like your husband. You’re being too hard on him and you knew that he felt guilty for you.”

You hung your head low. Mei’s words slowly absorbed to your mind. You sunk to your thoughts. You did thought about the same thing, you thought about it during your geography class and you didn’t forget. You tilted your head and spoke but you sound uncertain. “But it wasn’t like what you thought, I was just.. umm.. I was just..” you began to stutter.

“You were just what? Huh?” she demands for your answer. You can bare yourself to answer. You were just too confused. “I mean it’s obvious that he’s trying to make this work for real Akari, why can’t you?”

Yes you’re right Mei. Why can’t I? You mumbled inside. Your eyes landed on Lay that was standing near his locker that happens to be just a few meters from yours and Mei’s. He was talking to Kris. He was smiling and you saw that dimple of his that you love the most from him. He laughed and chuckle while he talked. You thought he looked cute while he chuckle; his cheeks would puff and the dimple would disappear. You stared at him and Mei looked at you. She followed your gaze and found the object that you’ve been staring at. She smirked then cleared . She’s still smirking when you turned to face her. “What?” you asked.

“Nothing. I’m hungry, let’s go get lunch.” She grabbed your arm and lead you to the cafeteria.

You entered the room and immediately take your place in the end of the waiting line. It’s your turn now get the food so Mei walked to the vending machine to get your drinks. “The usual?” she asked before going. You gave her your right thumb then she walked away. You turned to face the front line and waited.

You felt yourself shoved to the front from the back. You spun your body to see who’s responsible and you saw a figure of a girl with her smirk on her face and her anger eyes. You stared at her and raised your eyebrow and then you yelled. “Did you just push me?”

The girl smirked again and crossed her arms. Two girls stood on her right and left. You figure it was probably her little rats that only follow her everywhere. You never saw her being one of your bully, but you felt her face and her smile so familiar yet you can’t figure out where you saw her before. She ignored your question and stepped closer to you. “I need to you to do me a favor, Akari right? Yeah so I want you to switch your pair with me. You see, we were in the same art class and I happened to be in bad luck today because I’m not paired with Lay.”

You curled your eyebrow and scoffed. So that’s why she seems so familiar to you, she was the girl that’s been glaring at you after the whole pair arrangement thing back at the class. Your expression is unbearable right now; you were shocked at her request yet you felt a bit upset as well. Who does she think she is? “Me? Swith pair? With you?” you still had your same expression.

“Yeah,” she nodded and so does her rats.

“Seriously?” you scoffed for the tenth time and she still gave you a nod even when you acted that way. She was that oblivious to your reaction.

“I thought I already explained it to you earlier. I..”

You cut her, “Yes and I understand for you being, um.. unlucky. But the thing is that, I don’t want to switch pair with you and I don’t think Michael would allow us, now that we need to start on preparing the routine. Don’t you think?”

“Who do you think you are you ? Talking to me like that! I asked nicely for you to do as I told you to. I don’t deserve to be treated this way by you,” she spats and shoved you so hard until your body stumble to the back. you were already out from your place back at the line so when your body stumble from the shove, it hit a random person that stood behind you and surprisingly it was Lay. He was walking after taking his tray to the disposal spot after finishing his lunch. He turned then found you trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter