Wedding Day: The Morning

Straight Into The Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Akari.” You heard your mother’s voice called you. “Wake you dear,” she moved her hands to your hair and she struck your hair softly. You began to hum something to her. “It’s time dear.” She said again. Your eyes blinked a little. You were about to open your eyes and wake yourself up. And then you heard another voice. “Yah wake up you sleepy-head!” you shot your eyes open.

“Mei!?” you shrieked seeing her face facing your face now and just a few inches away.

“You are a dead-meat.” She said with her eyes narrowed at me and the way her eyebrows furrowed and her lips puckered, she shows you her angry expression. “But because today’s your wedding day, I forgive you and let you off. But no more secret this time, you hear me?”

You straighten your body and Mei let you. Your mother came in with several more people came along with her. All of them are woman; some of them brought some bags and little cases. And when this one person came with huge fabric that looked like curtain, you knew what that person brought in her hands. Right at that moment, she grabbed the fabric and took out what’s inside, your wedding dress.

You looked at it in awe. You mouth slightly opened and gaped for a second. Then you sighed realizing that everyone’s gonna see you wearing that dress today. And you wonder to yourself, will you look beautiful wearing it? Mei went silent next to you. You turned to look at her and she’s still deep in her amusement. “That’s dress is just perfect,” she said. “I know right? It’s Akari’s choice.” Your mother answered her.

She turned to you instantly and gave you her big eyes. “Really?”

You shrugged.

“Okay enough with the girl talk ladies. These people need to start doing their work on Akari or else we might be off schedule,” your mother said to the both of you and used her hand signaling time.

You jumped from your bed with Mei helped you. Your mother then rushed you to the bathroom and handed you your towel and undies. You then decided to just take a cold shower but a clean one to save time. Because you knew if you take an ordinary shower, it’ll take more time and your mother will start with her bawling. You spent five minutes to take a shower. The ushered you to your seat in front of your mirror and the table has been moved to your front chair so that they can place the utensils.

First they spread some lotion and moisturizer on your skin. And they literally spread it to your whole skin, from your head to toe. Second, they put you in your corset. You saw your corset and it looked different like the one you use at your dress rehearsals. This one fits your body perfectly and it didn’t felt tight in the chest so it felt comfortable. After they finished putting your corset on you, you were seated in your seat with 3 people worked on you. One doing your hair – the hairstylist, the other one doing you face – the makeup artist and last one doing your nails and getting your dress ready for you.

Your hair was styled with the hairstyle from the dress rehearsals. You remember how the hairstylist do it and you admire the way she worked and the way your hair was formed into a style. It only took ten minutes to style your hair and you admit that it was faster than you had on your dress rehearsals. She must have been practicing again back after that. Again, you admired your hair like there’s nothing you can do.

While you hair was styled earlier, the other lady – the makeup artist, spread the foundation on your face. Now that the hairstylist is finished with her job, she began to start her work on you. The foundation earlier has already dried. First, she worked on your eye. She gave you a light pinkish eye shadow and has the same color like a cherry blossom. She gave you a light mascara to make your eyes pop. She moved to your cheeks and gave you a smooth spread of powder and a blush on. You felt the softness and you noticed how careful she worked by the way she moved the utensils on your face. And last she asked you to pick your l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter