Getting to Know

Straight Into The Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A long author's note at the bottom and i hope you read it :)

 

You were sitting on your desk on your geography class. You teacher was bawling about the continent and now was describing about America. She was talking the ancient Mayans and then the Indians. You yawned for the hundredth time and blinked your eyes to make your eyes a bit open. You turned your head to the back and looked at your class mates. You noticed that some of the newly born kingkas a.k.a EXO flower boys are in the same class with you and one of them is Yixing. One was the tall one with grey hair that had serous face and the other one was the chubby looking guy that has a pair of eye that looked like a 5 year old. You laughed at the thought of that. The one that has serious face was looking outside the window and the chubby one was playing with his pen. I looked over to the back to where Yixing was. He was staring to the front with his usual bored face, but I’m not whether he’s staring at the teacher or just staring blankly.

“Eyes to the board miss Han.” I turned myself swiftly and caught the teacher’s eye. I nodded slowly and she began to continue her teaching. I slumped to my seat feeling rather embarrassed. It was my first time getting a warning from a teacher. Some girls are giggling while looking at me with their mocking eyes. My glare didn’t even budge them. The lesson lasted for 30 minutes then the bell rang. It was the end of second perios so now it’s time for lunch.

You waited for the others to walk out first and after the crowd getting lose, you packed your things with the silence of the class as your surroundings. You weren’t alone though. The three people you had your attention on half an hour ago was still the class. All three of them still seated in their seat looking bored. You turned your head to look at them. They look so weird. Not exactly the same as you expected them to be. Then they started packing their things as you walked out pf the class. They trailed behind you and then separated with you when you reached your locker.

They walked pass you and headed to their own locker. Their locker was lined up with the other EXO boys who is now also arriving at their lockers. And they were just a few meters from yours. Few girls started to gather around the boys. The sound of squealing and giggling filled the hallway. You mentally face palmed yourself at the scenery. Too crowded, again.

You notice Mei was already at her locker. You bid your greeting and she waved at you. You opened your locker and put your stuff inside. You closed your locker and walked towards Mei. Mei looked like she saw something that she liked. She has this kind of shiny eyes and yet so playful. “Did I miss something? Or is there anything that you know or see that you haven’t told me?”

“Well…” she spun her body and leaned to the lockers. “You were right. One of them catches my eye.” Her eyes signaled me to look to the front. I did what she told and found myself staring at one of EXO boys. The serious faced guy. “Him? The one that has this serious face and grey hair?”

“Yeah. Isn’t he cool? His cold face is so.. so.. ah I can’t even..”

“Okay stop being tacky. So you liked him or what?”

She punched my arm lightly. “Are you stupid or what? Of course I am. I just said one of them catches my eye, didn’t you get it? you need to get out more Akari,” she raised her eyebrow.

I shrugged. “I’m not that experienced. Unlike you.”

She scoffed. “Come one let’s eat. I’m starving.”

We walked to the cafeteria and get some lunch. It was quite for the both of us. During our lunch Mei asked me about what I think of those boys. “Seriously, don’t you think that you’re being a hypocrite?”

“Now you’re telling me I’m a hypocrite?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Of course you are. Don’t you think at least one of them?”

I easily answered, “Nope.” But I know I lied to her and myself.

“Hypocrite.” She muttered under her drink.

“Yah, at least show some respect. It’s just that I don’t know them well. I mean come on, it has only been 2 weeks since they got here. And I barely spoke to any one of them,” no I’m not, “ and maybe I’ll try to get to know them well, for you. so you can change your judgments and stop calling me hypocrite.”

I turned my gaze to the EXO tables. By the looks of them, they looked like the same teenage boys you’ll find. But the amount of screaming girls that makes me backed off even before I tried to get closer. The thought of handling with those fangirls already making me lazy to try, literally.

“Fine. And thank you for trying. I guarantee once you know them, you’ll be surprise.” She winked at you.

“Oh that reminds me? Why are you so hyped to get me to know them? Have to talked to one of them?” you looked at her curiously.

“Yes and for the record they’re not so bad at all. I was in the same class with six of them.”

You widened your eyes is shock. “Six? And how did it go?”

“Like I said before, they’re not that bad. In fact they’re funny and really cool. I’ll show you which one.” She motioned me to come closer the she moved my head to face them together with her face.

“The black-haired one there that smirking, the one with clenched jaw and sharp eyes,”

“The one that has blonde hair?” I interrupted her. “Yes.”

“Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter