Hospital

Straight Into The Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay was waiting outside the examination room. He was sitting in the sofa right next to the nurse desk. You were inside the examination room almost an hour now and the nurse can’t predict when you will come out. Lay felt hesitant and anxious at the same time. He stood up from his seat and began to walk back and forth in the hallway. He felt bad to you after hearing your story. And it grew much worse if he remember the incident that’s just happen earlier. and again, he was the one causing it.

The examination room was opened and he immediately turned his body to the door. You were standing there with an arm sling wrapped your right arm. You walked towards him and stopped your tracks when you were just inches from him. Lay stared at your figure with blank face. You stood there with your lips form into thin line. You let out a small hiccup and you choke a little when you were about to speak. “The doctor asks you to come inside. He said he needs to tell you something.”

Lay stared at your face and notice your puffy and reddened eyes. You were crying. He realized it after noticing your eye and the hiccups that come out from you. He sighed and then walked to the door. He was about to reach for the door knob and stopped to turn to look at you. You were facing him now. “Aren’t you going to come in?” he asked you.

“You go ahead. I already know what I need to know,” you assured him and then you sat down at the chair next to you. “I’ll wait here.” You said. He still looks hesitant to open the door and you smiled again with your left thumb raised. “I’ll be fine.”

He nodded and opened the door. He saw the doctor on his desk writing something on the paper. He lift his head and smiled seeing Lay. “Mr. Zhang, please sit down.” He asked him. Lay sat in the chair in front of his desk. He could feel his hand is getting wet. He kept his eyes on the doctor. The doctor sighed and then he looked at the paper on his desk. It was the results of your examination. Lay started to feel his anxious is getting worse now because he sense something bad from the doctor’s expression.

“I believe you can’t wait to hear about the results. I asked Akari to wait outside because I have told her the news earlier and I only told her the things that she needs to know.” He sighed again and continues speaking, “her right arm will be handicapped and unfortunately from the result of the test I can’t conclude whether it’s temporary or permanent. That depends on how the wound would heal and how bad does she wants her arm back.”

The doctor has finally finished telling him. He was right, his sense was right. This is bad. He never thought that it would be this bad. The wound was already bad enough that it became much worse because of the incident that happens. He remembered the reason why he agreed marrying her in the first place: to protect her, to take care of her. And he felt like he fails her. And he also remembers what his grandmother has told him about Akari, about her past. He knew and he understands why. He felt bad for you because now you need to hold on to another suffer. It was silent because Lay was sunk deep on his mind and then the doctor cleared his throat. Lay glance at him and when back from his mind.

“You said that it can be temporary right? Is there a way to make it possible?” he asked.

“Yes, there is. She needs to take some therapy to help her regain the function of her arm. It was worse even before the incident earlier happens and because of that she lost its function immediately after. There is a special therapy for people who had the same problem like Akari and many of them succeed.”

Lay had both of his hand clamped together. He rubbed his forehead and began to think about what the doctor has told him. It would be a miracle if Akari can get her arm back and the therapy is one way to start it. But even so, it was still all up to her. It depends on how bad she wants her arm back, just like what the doctor said.

Lay turned to look at the doctor again and then he nodded. “I’ll make her consider this again.”

“Thank you Mr. Zhang. I will be very happy to help her regain her arm back.”

Lay smiled at him and bade his bow. Then the doctor gave him some prescription that contains some aspirin and painkillers just in case you needed them. He went out the room and you greeted him with a smile. You patted the seat next to you and gesturing him t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter