Art Class

Straight Into The Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, you are officially Mrs. Zhang Akari. You nearly had that thought popped into your head every 5 minutes. And every now and then, you will shake your head to make it disappear. The Monday morning after your wedding turns out to be just like a regular school day. You and Lay have your own activity. When you wake up he woke up: when you eat your breakfast he ate it too; and when you go to school he also went. It’s like doing your regular schedule but the differences is that you’re married and living together with your husband who did the same.

The rest of the week went by like a roller coaster. Your first day being married didn’t change your status at school because you choose to keep it hidden from anyone from school. You started to hang out with EXO more often. They would wave their hand if they saw you walking pass you or just smiled at you. Mei often joined you and EXO. And you started to feel that Mei was right, they’re not that bad. In fact, you found yourself attracted to some of them. You love it how D.O’s eyes widened everytime he feels something; you love puffy Xiumin’s cheeks when he pouted; you admire Tao’s taste for fashion; you love the friendship that Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared, they both looked like a clown; and you love it they care for each other like brother’s and the bond that they have and share together.

You’ve been hanging out with them almost the entire time and it started to affect the student. Every now and then they will start to give you glares, whispering your name, filling your locker with papers, and writing things on your desk. You only shrug it off because it didn’t bother you that much. You still a lot of things to worry about than bullies. And they’re more important. EXO boys realize the treatment you’ve been receiving and the soon spread the words to the student that you are they’re bestfriend and Mei also joined her. They don’t want both you and Mei get hurts. And they felt bad because they’re the one causing it.

At home, Lay always asked you the same question every day “Did anyone try to bully you again?” and the answer was always the same, no. You don’t want to make him worried and feel burdensome. Because you always get caught being together with him by fangirls. Like one time you get caught was when you woke up late because of your broken alarm clock. You were still at your home getting ready when it was only 5 minutes until the school starts. Lay was already at school and he felt worried not seeing you at school yet at that time, so he took his car and drove home. And when he arrived, he saw you getting out of the house, you were just about leave. Then he asked you to get in to the car and he drove back to school. Lay kept blaming on himself for having you be treated like this. But he knew that you’re a strong person and you can go through with it.

 

It’s been almost a week since your wedding. You were just arrived at the gate. You had some changes to your routine from now, you purposely wakes up late every day so that you can arrive at school just when the bell about to ring. So you don’t have to spend too much time waiting for the class to start. And right on cue, the bell rang when you opened your locker. You forgot what subject you will be having today so you only opened your locker to check on your schedule. Art, it’s written in the first line that says first period on Thursday.

“Huh? Art?” you thought to yourself, for the several weeks you never attending your art class? You didn’t skip class, you never do. But it was the teacher that was never came. Other teachers said that he/she is absent for some reason and it looks like they don’t have any substitute teacher available. You sighed and closed locker then you head to the art studio.

You entered the class and take the empty seat at the back line in the corner. There’s only a few people that already here, almost half of the class. After 10 minutes – yes you count it, the class is full, with half girls and half boys. And what you didn’t expect was that all of EXO boys are in the same class with you. They all greeted you and you nod at them.

Then the teacher came in to the class and greeted. The teacher was a 20 year old man wearing a Welcome to your art class. I’m Michael and I’m going to be your teacher this year. I’m sorry that this is our first time meeting each other because I’ve had some things to take care and absent for a few weeks. But, here we are going to start with a fresh and new energy. So to start the class, I’d like to have one person come forward and sing a song for us.”

The students started too looked at each other. The exchanged stares like pointing to each other. No one is willing to volunteer. The class kept silent. You saw Michael crossed his arm and started to tap his foot on the floor impatiently. The stares kept on for minutes until he cleared his throat and spoke. “Anyone want to volunteer? No?” he asked again. “Well then I guess I have to pick one of you instead.”

The class began to whispered names and looked at each other again. Seriously, can this class gets any worse? You thought and what happens next was not good for you. “How about the girl from the back?” he said with his finger pointing right at you.

“Me?” you asked. “Yes.”

You stood up and walked to the front. You stood next to him and face the class. “Go on you can start now.” he gestured his hand to make you start. “So I use an instrument or..” I trailed and he stopped me. “It’s all up to you. There’s a guitar and a piano. And the band is also here. So do whatever you like, be creative.”

You started to think about the instrument that you could play. You remove piano and guitar from the list of you possible choice and you left with the band. You thought about asking the band to help you out but then you thought that it would be too boring because you’ll get an easy pass. You need to use something that was unexpected. And you need to rock at it, like really hard. Then this idea came across your mind and you immediately take action and start doing it. You saw a cup on the desk that was used to hold pens. You glance at Michael and spoke. “Is this yours?” he ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter