Gran's House

Straight Into The Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Friday afternoon. A black colored jeep stopped in front of an old house that’s located in the corner of the village near the forest. The house has two floor and was made from woods. The car parked right in front of the door. The driver came out from the car and opened the back door and started to take the bags out from the car. Akari stepped out from the car and sighed. I’m so happy to be here again. She walked to the door and knocked. She heard footsteps and then the door opened. A 50-year old woman was standing at the door, giving her a wide smile before she gave her a big hug. Akari hugged her back and smiled. They pulled away and the woman patted her head.

“I missed you, Gran,” said Akari with a chuckle.

“You were here a week ago and you missed me already?”

“Aww come on Gran, you know how I like it being here.” Akari grinned at her grandma and they both walked inside. The driver had put Akari’s bag in the living room. And he was already starting the engine before Akari can even say goodbye. Akari closed the door and followed her grandma.

“I’m just kidding dear. So, how’s school? And how’s your mother?” They both are at the kitchen. Akari took a sit at the kitchen cabinet, while her grandma is standing at the front of the stove, stirring the pan.

“Good, I’m excited about my senior year.” Akari stayed silence for a while. She was about to answer her grandma’s question about her mom. Her grandma cough a little. Akari startled and blinked her eyes. “You haven’t answer my question dear.”

“What? Mom? Yeah, she’s fine Gran,” Akari’s lips were formed into a line. Her grandma sighed and continued her cooking. She’s worried that about Akari’s relationship and her mom. Ever since what happens 10 years ago, their relationship had broken into pieces. And till now, she could still feel the tense between them.

Akari stood up from the chair. Before she walked away, she turned to her grandma. “I’m going to my room now Gran.” Her grandma nodded. Akari walked to the living room and grabbed her bag. She walked to he rroom in the second floor. She walked to the door in the corner of the hall and opened it.

Her room was slightly big. It has one bed, a tiny nightstand, a drawer and a bathroom inside. There’s a window that’s located exactly beside the bed. Akari threw her bag to the floor and then threw herself to bed. She exhaled heavily before closing her eyes. She was tired from the trip from Seoul.

The first week of school was heavy for her. The teachers gave her homework and assignment that need to be done in two weeks. She’s not complaining. She knew that this year would be harder, because it’s her final year of high school. But for her, it’s still too early to have such amount of work. I mean come on, it still the first week.  Then she hear a knocked on the door. Her aunt was calling her name from behind the door. “The door’s unlocked, Aunty.”

The door opened and there was a woman standing at the door. She looked like her mother, but younger and taller. She smiled and walked inside. “Hey you.”

“Hey Aunty,” Akari greeted her Aunt with a small voice. More like a lazy voice.

“What’s wrong with you? You looked like someone your soul out.”

“Haha funny there Aunty. I’m fine, just tired from the traffic that’s all.”

“I see. Hey, Gran tell me to ask you to go to the forest. She needs some veggies for the soup she’s aking.”

“Urgh, why can’t you go get it yourself? Why should i?” Akari groaned and then she laid her body on her bed. Showing how lazy she was.

“Because, I’m the one that’s going to help her later.” Akari pouted to her aunt. “You used to be so excited when Gran asked you to the forest.”

“That’s was a long time ago.”

“Let’s just put it this way. If you refuse to go, then we won’t have any vegetables for the soup. If we don’t have the vegetables for the soup, then we can’t cook the soup. And you won’t have dinner. How’s that sound?”  

Akari glared at her and then sighed. “Fine. But you owe me for this Aunty.” Her aunt grinned at her and messed up er hair. She walked out of the room while Akari muttered to herself. I hate the forest.

 

Akari closed the front door and walked down the yard. She walked around the house until she reached the back door. She slowly opened it and bent down. She stepped inside and she realized that she’s no longer in the backyard. She straighten her back and looked around. The forest was a bit dark ‘cause of all t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter