Kim One and Kim Two

Be My Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wah! Kim One's back in school!" I heard people say as I walked the hallways I used to walk every day. People put their heads out to see if I really came back, but I ignored, just walking towards the staff room.

 "Ya... Look who came to visit us" I heard my teacher say as I opened the door to the staff room. Awkwardly, I bowed and the two students who he was talking to gasped at the sight of me. “How’s work?”

“Fun. How have you been?” I asked and he let out a smile.

“Good, good. Thanks to student like you. Keeps me out of trouble” he said, and I let out a laugh. He was a teacher but he was more trouble than his students. He was only 32, but still single, living the life of a party-pants. He used to be in an idol group but dropped out earlier to continue his studies in Australia, but instead became a dance teacher after returning to Korea. There was only one person who managed to control him, but she left him, leaving him as the wreck he was now.  

“Good to know.”

“How’s Jellyfish treating you?”

“Good” I pursed my lips. “But, what were you thinking when you recommended me?”

“Um… that you’ll be perfect for the job?” he asked, and together, we walked out of the staff room.

“No, didn’t you know how old the members were?”

“Um… nope? I thought age was just a number. Well, sor-ry for trying to be helpful”

“Sem, you know that’s not it. From the six of them, three are older than I am. Two are my age, and only one younger than me. I never worked with people who were older than me.” I told him.

“Jiwoo-ya, you’re good with people. You’re good at teaching people. And no matter how old they are, they tend to naturally follow you. Because you’re good at leading. That’s why I recommended you”

“Not because of my amazing choreography?” I asked, and he let out a laugh.

“That too” he laughed, walking into a class. “You coming?”

“Into your class?”

“Um… look at them waiting for you” he said, and I peaked in to see couple of girls and guys waiting for me with big eyes. Sighing, I entered, and everyone cheered. “Yeah, fine. Kim One enters and everyone cheers. I enter and all I get is ‘ugghh’? Not fair” said sem and everyone laughed.

“Life’s not fair, sem” said one guy and I nodded. “Plus, it’s not every day we get to see Kim One”

“I don’t go here anymore. Stop calling me Kim One” I said and the girls giggled.

“Then what do you want us to call you, Sumbaenim?”

“Even Sumbaenim sounds better than Kim One” I said, because the nickname came with a ‘Kim Two’ behind it. And I didn’t like ‘Kim Two’.

“Okay okay, let’s show what we’ve got to Kim One” said sem, and I gave him a death glare. “I mean… Kim Jiwoo, here” he said and I smiled.

            Everyone got into position and soon started their dance. After being the judge for weeks and weeks, it was nice to just watch and enjoy a group of kids dance. It calmed me down too, since I wasn’t here to point out each one’s mistake, rather just to enjoy being back in the school I used to go to.

            When the music stopped, they all waited for me to say something. A simple applaud didn’t seem to do anything.

“Um…” I realized they were all waiting for me to critique on their dance. Shoot. I sighed and started to point out little things I noticed while they were dancing.

“Wow, no wonder they say she’s harsh” I heard a girl whisper.

“Sorry” I said but she smiled instead of making a face as I expected her to.

“No, It was nice to get a taste of Sumbaenim l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter