Lap Pillow

Be My Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Instead of heading right to the hotel, we all ended up going to the venue where the concert is going to be held. Vixx and the boys had couple days to get used to the stage before they travelled to a different location. Little by little, I realized being a choreographer was not just making up dances and teaching the group. It was also about going places with them, being there for them and supporting them each step of the way. The word ‘family’ meant everything to them. Though we didn’t have the same mom and dad or didn’t share the same DNA, in each heart, we looked at each other as family. First – when I first met BAP – I had the hardest time getting used to that word. But little by little, everyone helped me realize that there can be people in this world who are closer to me than I ever thought. I never thought it was possible; to have a family outside of my own. But now I had so many: my own, BAP and Jellyfish family. Unlike back then, I didn’t mind it now.

            Suddenly, Ken came over and threw his arm around me.

“How’s our Jiwoonie doing? Tired?” he asked and I shrugged his arm away from me. We were at a foreign land, and there were fans that kept their eyes glued on the idol 24/7, and I didn’t want trouble.

“Yes. So stop with sweet-talks”

“I get it. Only Hongbin’s allowed to sweet-talk you into things” he made a pouty face and I let out a laugh, pushing him away. Hearing Ken’s words, Hongbin turned to me and smiled and I returned it no matter how tired I was.

Every time one of the guys talked to me or I smiled at one of s, Leo’s eyes glared at me. I remembered everything that happened last time we were alone together, and just the thought of it brought back the sensation onto my lips, and I always ended up biting my lips thanks to the weird memories.

“Ignore him. He’ll stop eventually” Hongbin’s voice whispered next to me. I turned to see his dimple smile and nodded.

“Ya Jiwoo-ya!” yelled N, and both us turned to face the leader with his sass on, staring at us. “Stop flirting with my Binnie and go help your boys. They are practicing alone in the small waiting room and I watched them and there’s something wrong with the dance.”

“Goddammit!” I swore under my breath and turned to him. “Well thank you, N. I am going there now” I said, waiving Hongbin and walking past N. When I entered the room, five of the boys were asleep on the couches that were pushed against the walls. I sighed and cursed N once more.

“Do you want to sleep?” asked Woojin and I shook my head.

“Why don’t you sleep too? That was a long ride”

“I slept on the plane while they were fooling around, so I’m okay.”

“But still. You guys need every bit of rest as much as anyone. Go take a nap. I’m just gonna stay here. I think N doesn’t want me to be backstage watching them” I said and he nodded. The tall guy walked over to me after I sat on the empty couch and laid next to me.

“Would you mind if I use your lap as my pillow? These couches kill my back” he asked and I nodded, smiling. And nice Woojin is back, I thought to myself.

            I was used to guys sleeping on my lap. Every member in BAP had slept on my lap at least once. Well – everyone expect Jongup. He had his personal lap to sleep on. And Miyoung made sure he wouldn’t sleep on others’ laps other than her’s.

            I took my iPod out and plugged my ears, listening to Yiruma serenading while the leader of the DBeez napped on me. I closed my eyes and tried to enjoy ‘Time Forgets’ – my ultimate favourite Yiruma tune.

            Though the title said ‘Time Forgets’, it didn’t. No matter how long it took, the memories never left me. Even when I wanted to let go, they replayed like a movie in my head. It was hard to get rid of them, and sometimes I wished for amnesia, so I won’t have to remember them. Time didn’t help me at all. Because I never forgot anything that happened between us.

            Back then, it was just Jongin. But now, there was Leo. When I tried to get rid of everything he said to me, or how he stared at me, or what he did to me, the memories kept coming back, bringing back my past with Jongin along with it. I didn’t like it at all. Back then, I only had one guy I wanted out of my life – but now, there were two.

            I didn’t know why Leo reminded me so much of Jongin. They had completely different personalities. While Leo was cold and quiet and only spoke with when he needed to, Jongin was the guy who wasn’t afraid to express himself through his words and actions at all. He wasn’t shy to kiss me in front of his friends and family, he wasn’t afraid to touch me in front of large crowds, he didn’t mind confessing his feelings in front of everyone, while Leo made sure no one saw our actions, that no one noticed his ways of making my heart scream in confusion, and he made sure not to ever open his mouth about us in front of other people.

            Maybe I did miss Jongin’s actions. Probably because Leo was the opposite. Not that I liked him or anything… But he had a way of bringing out the things I missed about Jongin through his actions. And I hated it. He left me so confused.

“Aw aw look at them! She leaves one guy who’s about to go on stage and come back to let another guy sleep on her!” I heard N-ajumma rant so I opened my eyes and took my earbuds out.

“Goodness can you be a little louder? Can’t you see there are six guys sleeping in this room?” I asked and my eyes turned to the cold gaze that just entered the room.

“Well they have to go now anyway!” he yelled louder, and I felt Woojin shift his body, soon sitting up and fluttering his eyes at the annoyed N.

“Can you stop your nagging?” he asked N while he made a face at Woojin.

“You guys have to go on stage” he said, keeping his eyes on me. “And you, come with me” he said to me and I stood up sighing, ready to follow him.

“Why do you need her? She needs to be with us. Didn’t you just say we have to go on stage?” Woojin asked, waking the boys up.

“I have to have a talk with her. It only takes less than a minute. Plus all the stage people are waiting for you”

“But she’s our choreo-”

“Lee Woojin, go with the boys. I’ll be back” I cut him off, leaving the room first. N followed and soon passed me and stopped in front of me.

“Jiwoo-ya, can you stop?” he asked, suddenly surprising me with his nice voice.

“N, what’s wrong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter