The thing called "Déjà vu"

Be My Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, you know the chorus right? So you need help with the verses, right?" I asked Miyoung and her partner and both of them nodded. After work, Daehyun borrowed Himchan oppa's car and drove me to Miyoung's university. There, I promised to go home with Miyoung, so he left me alone with Miyoung and her partner. Soon, I got into the position and showed them move by move as they followed me.

            After couple of tries, they were up and dancing to the song 'Hyde'.

"Do you go to our school? How come I've never seen you around?" asked Miyoung's partner as we sat on the dance floor, taking a break. Miyoung had disappeared to go to the washroom so I was left with this guy who seemed to be very curious about me.

"I don't go here." I gave him a simple answer.

"How do you know Miyoung?"

"Through her boyfriend" I said and he nodded.

"Yeah I heard she's dating a guy from a famous back-up group."

"Well, it's good that you know" I smiled and he nodded.

"Don't worry. I'm not interested in Miyoung that way. She's amazing at dancing but she's very sassy. I like girls who doesn't point out every mistake of mine. I like it when they gently tell me what to do without bossing me around" he said, winking.  

"That's why she's known as the 'Dancing Machine'" I told him, ignoring his wink and the last part he said.  

"What about you?" he asked, pushing it.

"That's why she's known as the 'Dancing Machine'" I told him and he nodded.

"What about you?" he asked and I let out a smile.

            A sudden Déjà vu moment hit me hard. I looked at the guy who sat next to me on the floor and stuttered.

"I'm not Miyoungie" I reminded him.

"But you're just as good as her"

"Stop flattering me, Jongin-ah"

"I'm not. I wish you're my partner instead of Miyoung"

"No wonder you're a dance choreographer." he kept going when I said nothing. "You're so good with people. I wish you're my partner instead of Miyoung." I almost choked myself at his reply.

"Don't wish for things that's not going to happen"

"I don't do partners" I told him instead, standing up. "It's late. Miyoung said she'll practice with you... I was gonna stay and walk home with her but I have work tomorrow. I'll see you around"

"Um Jiwoo-ssi, I'm sorry if I came on too strong. It's just you're my ideal type"

"Um... I don't remember your name. I'm sorry that you did come too strong, but you're not my ideal type. Bye" I said, swinging my bag on to my shoulder and heading out.

"Ya Kim Jiwoo! Where are you going?" I heard Miyoung's loud voice from somewhere far away.

"Home!" I said, running towards the exit.

 

            I sat at the back of the empty bus, listening to piano music. Yeah, this girl who's crazy about dancing listened to Yiruma to calm herself down. 'Blind Film' came up, and I drew little stick figures on the cold window as the bus kept moving, stopping at each stop. Cold night wind came in and out as the doors opened, but no person got in. Finally at my stop, I got off, thanking the bus driver. Afterwards, I made my way towards my house, trying not to think of any Déjà vu moments.

            But this walk to my house carried too many memories. Every time he walked me home, he'd stop and kiss me underneath the second street light before our house. He knew appa watched us walk home together every day, and he didn't want to get caught making out in front of the gate, so he always stole kisses under that street light.

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter