Shoulder

Be My Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knowing no one would be at the Jellyfish studio, I entered and turned the volume to the highest level. Then I threw the off-shoulder shirt on to the floor, exposing my navy blue tank top. I left my hair down since I didn't have a hair tie, and let music lead me to somewhere else because I didn't want to be here.

"Forever" he once said, "We'll be the Kim Couple forever"

            Forever. I hated that word. It wasn't true. That word itself was a lie. There was no such a thing as forever. Someday everyone was going to die. Forever? Ya right! People who say 'forever' are cowards who uses that empty word to cover up everything else. Forever didn't exist in reality; it only existed in dreams.

"Jongin-ah, stop wishing for things that's not gonna happen" I watched him close his eyes as he laid on my lap. I ran my fingers through his black hair, battling with the wind to keep it away from his eyes.

We were at our favourite hiding spot at our school; the rooftop of the oldest building where we could see the entire school.

"What?" he asked, opening his eyes, "You think we can't last forever"

"We're only seventeen. You sound like a kid when you say we'll last forever."

"Well then, let me be a kid. Goodness, I don't want to be inside your head. It must sound like a thiry-year-old woman in there. 'Do this, not that'. We are seventeen, we are allowed to have dreams"

"Well have a dream that you can achieve"

"I am"

"That's not a dream"

"You're right" he sat up and I looked at him staring at me. "It can't be a dream is you're sitting next to me, is it?" he said and I let out a loud snort. Suddenly he cupped my face and kissed me. Oh, his soft kisses...

 

            After couple of hours of dancing without a break, I felt dizzy but I kept pushing myself. I was aware of how painful my ankle was, but I kept putting pressure on it. I remembered how painful it was when I couldn't walk at all. I remember how painful it was to watch others do the dance I made up but couldn't dance with them because of the injury. But now it was different. I could use my leg. Though they said not to do anything that puts too much pressure, it was hard to contain myself. For two years, I did. I had two years. I didn't think I had to worry about it anymore. Everyone breaks bones in their bodies. Everyone experience broken hearts... So why would I be the only one to hold on to something that happened a long time ago and hold myself back because of it?

            Suddenly, I felt myself becoming weak. Everything turned black and I found myself being pulled on to the ground by gravity. However, a pair of hands pulled me back up.

"Daehyun-ah..." I said, or thought, letting the person pull me to a corner with him, letting me lay my head on him. I cuddled on to Daehyun's side, trying to drift off.

 

"Hyung... she would have hurt herself. If I didn't walk in, she would have hit her head on the floor"

"The doctor said she just out. It seems our little sassy girl hadn't had any breakfast and has been working out when she's not supposed to"

"Ye...?"

"Jiwoonie's not supposed to push herself. She had a big injury in her left leg two years ago. A lot of people say that's why she stopped dancing - professionally. This girl may look like this but she's a girl who got into the University of Arts. And then I heard she got an offer from SM too and rejected because of her injury. Do you know how excited I was when I walked in with Saj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter