Mistletoe

The Language of Flowers [REQUESTS CLOSED]

AN: I thought I should do a Christmas themed oneshot…and here it is! I absolutely love EXO’s new EP and I thought that the songs would be perfect for some Christmas inspired stories. Anyways, my early Christmas gift for all of you…Merry Christmas, guys! Eat lots and have fun with all your families J

MISTLETOE

I stop time and go back to you

I open your page in my book of memories

I’m inside there, I am with you

-          Miracles in December , EXO

Baekhyun was lying on his bed, looking through the photographs on his phone. He smiled at each, going back to the moment that it was taken. When he came across one, he sat up on his bed and stared at the photo. It was a photo taken by Chanyeol as he was playing with his phone and taking random photos of himself with it. He laughed at how crazy Chanyeol was being, but his eyes wandered to the candid scene captured in the background. He had his arms around Eunji, and she was leaning into him, both of them had the widest grins plastered on their faces. He enlarged the photo and thought back to that day.

 He was chatting to his friends, with Eunji beside him at an early Christmas party because Kyungsoo was going to be in America during the holidays. They had gone all out and ordered as much food as they wanted, and brought in large amounts of soft drinks. Everyone had become slightly hyperactive with all the extra sugar in their systems and that was towards the end of the night when everyone was coming down from their sugar high. Eunji had become affectionate as she became tired and cuddled up to him. They weren’t doing that much, but Baekhyun felt like he had taken those precious moments for granted.

He shut off his phone and collapsed into bed, trying hard not to think about the photo. It was their last photo together, and then he retrieved his phone from where he tossed it on the floor and opened up the image again. He fell asleep with the phone above his heart and woke up with it still there. For a second, he forgot why there was still light coming from it, when he realised that he never set it to turn off. He saw the photo again.

They had broken up the previous Christmas at around the same time, over a stupid little fight that he couldn’t lower his pride to admit that he was wrong. He was heartbroken when it ended and he did everything to try and erase her from his mind. He deleted all the photos, and stored everything that reminded him of her in a box under his bed.

He finally took it out and saw a white box tied with a bow. It was her last gift to him and he never bothered to open it. He slowly pulled on the ribbon and took off the lid. It was the watch that he had always admired. He took it out and looked at the mark to see if it was the one that he had saw in the store window. There was an engraving on it.

Time seems to stop when I’m with you

Love always, Eunji

He put it on his wrist and took out the photograph again. He cropped the image and then sent it to her with a caption.

I miss you…

In an instant, he received a reply.

I miss you too…

He took a photo of the watch on his wrist and sent it to her.

I wish I could turn back time…

She replied without any image attachment.

Did you read the engraving?

Time stopped.

We can get back to where we were in that picture.

Make a wish.

Christmas is a time for miracles.

----////----

If the shining you is next to me, yes

I am looking only at you as well

Ladies and gentlemen, tell me about it, shining star!

-          The Star , EXO

Jongin blindfolded Naeun and took her to the park on Christmas Eve. He set up two folding chairs and sat her down on one of them before taking off the blindfold.

“Tada!”

“We’re at a park?”

“Yep!”

He sat down on his chair and stretched his legs and pretended to recline.

“What are we doing here?”

“Oh, right!”

He got out some speakers from his bag and connected it to his phone. Then he started to play some music and began to dance, making Naeun laugh at how embarrassing he was being.

“People are going to stare! Ahhhh…so embarrassing!”

“Who cares what they think! I’m dancing for you. All I care about is what you think!”

He stopped dancing for a moment.

“Are you embarrassed of me?”

“Just this time…”

He sat back down in his chair and then handed her a piece of paper rolled into a nice scroll.

“Then you won’t think it’s cheesy if I gave you that?”

She unrolled the piece of paper and gave him a shy smile.

“You got me a star?”

“Well…I named a star after you…”

“You did promise that you’d give me the stars someday…you just came about a bajillion steps closer to making that come true…”

“Haha…funny…”

He then handed her a letter and then covered his face.

“Why? Now, you’re embarrassed?”

He nodded and then went back to hiding behind his hands.

To: Naeun

People say that my dancing is what makes me stand out from the crowd.

That when I dance, that’s when I become the star.

But, you are what makes me the star.

You make everything brighter, even me.

I’m glad that you’re light reached my life.

From: Jongin

----////----

No, it’s my turn to cry, I’ll cry now

I’ll take all of your tears

It’s my turn to cry, give them to me

Even those tears, this time

-          My Turn to Cry , EXO

I wiped the tears from her eyes as I promised her that she would never cry again, unless it was from happiness or from laughing too much.

“Don’t cry when I’m not around, Namjoo-yah…”

“Thank you, Oppa…for spending Christmas with me.”

“You don’t have to be lonely anymore…”

I remembered that moment so clearly. Throughout our relationship I made sure that I was always the one that loved her more. She deserved all the love, and I wanted to give it to her. After five years, we broke it off. Not because we didn’t love each other, but because I had to go back to China and I didn’t want her to wait for me.

I found out that she had met someone else. His name was Jongdae. I saw some photos of them and they looked happy. I cried for the girl I lost, but I kept my promise to her, and shed some happy tears as well. She was happy, and that was all that mattered to me.

----////----

The morning I opened my eyes in heart fluttering excitement

It’s like the feeling of untying the ribbon of a present

Every single day of getting to know you

-          Christmas Day , EXO

Bomi was going through some kind of weird treasure hunt. Well, it wasn’t a hunt. The treasure seemed to be coming to her.

The 14th of December was when it all started. Someone had rung the apartment doorbell and when she went to look at the screen to see who it was, there was a letter on her front door. She prepared herself for some Taekwondo in case there was somebody out there who was trying to scare her. When she made sure that no one was going to pop out, she took the envelope, locked the door and then read the letter.

Hello! Welcome to the first day of your twelve days of Christmas.

On the twelfth day, you will get a very special surprise.

Please anticipate the upcoming days.

On the 15th of December, she received a black belt, a bottle of panadol and some bandaids.

I know that you’re really good at Taekwondo.

Please don’t hurt me.

But if you do, that’s okay.

I just hope that you’ll be the one to make me feel better.

On the 16th of December, she received an iPhone will a preloaded game of angry birds that seemed to have already been played and had a high score.

I heard that you like to play games.

Maybe I could join you for a game, next time?

Oh! And try and beat my score!

But, of course, I’ll let you win any time.

On the 17th of December, she received a sweater with a deer print on it. It fit her perfectly.

Stay warm always.

I don’t like it when you’re sick.

This is my way of keeping you warm.

On the 18th of December, she received a large stuffed gorilla. It was almost as big as her and she found it adorably cute.

I think you know why I gave this to you.

You’re pretty cute when you act like a monkey.

You’re funny too…

I like that.

On the 19th of December, she received a hand written coupon to go rock climbing. The coupon came with a lifetime guarantee and no expiry date.

I heard you’ve been mountain climbing.

Do you want to try rock climbing?

With a harness, of course.

Don’t worry, I’ll catch you when you fall.

On the 20th of December, she received a pair of pom poms.

I’m always cheering for you.

No matter what you do.

On the 21st of December, she received a stack of horror movies. They were brand new DVD’s that had a plastic wrapping still.

Please don’t open them yet.

I want to watch them with you.

On the 22nd of December, she received a soccer ball.

Do you like to play soccer?

I love to play soccer.

Maybe you and I could have a one on one game sometime?

On the 23rd of December, she received a rubik’s cube. Somehow, one of the sides managed to form the shape of a heart.

If you have any problems, come to me.

I’ll help you solve them.

If you’re lonely, I’ll be right here.

My love is waiting for you.

On the 24th of December, she received a CD. She looked for a letter but there was none. She played the CD and heard the person sing the first stanza and verse of ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’. She was about to take out the CD, when she heard him talk. She thought she recognised the voice.

Did you listen to the song well?

On the 25th of December, she received a knock on the door. When she went to open it, the delivery guy handed her an envelope.

Do you like Luhan?

Bomi looked puzzled. The delivery guy took off his hood and mask.

“Luhan?”

“Surprised?”

“Very.”

“Do you like it?”

“I like you…”

----////----

On this afternoon where the first snow is falling

If only I could call you, I’d be so happy

A year has already passed but I’m still not over you

-          First Snow , EXO

For the millionth time, Sehun picked up the phone and put it back down again. He did it one more time, but before he could it back down, she answered the phone.

Hello, you have reached Hayoung.

I’m sorry I cannot take the call right now so please leave a message after you hear the ‘beep’

He sighed finally understanding that is was just an answering machine. When he was about to put down the phone, he heard something.

Oppa, if you can hear this, I know you’re still thinking of me

I want to pick up the phone and call you, but I don’t have the courage

Christmas without you is making me lonely

I want you to know that…

And before she could finish the sentence the line went ‘beep’ and it was his turn to leave a message.

Hayoung-ah,

I’m sorry I only picked up the phone now and that I’m saying this to you as a message

Did you see the first snow fall yesterday?

It reminded me of you

I want you to know that…

The line cut off. He was about to redial her number when his phone started to ring.

“I still love you…”

“Say that again…”

“I still love you…”

“I still love you too…”

----////----

Aye, love, the wise men followed a star

The way I followed my heart

And it led me to a miracle

-          Mistletoe , Justin Bieber

Joonmyun had been admiring on one girl since he first laid eyes on her on the first day of school. They were never in the same class, but Joonmyun knew exactly who she was. When he saw her walking down the school hallways his mind would drift from the conversation he was having and stare at her as she smiled at everyone she passed. Everyone loved her, all the boys wanted her, and he was no different. He watched as guys lined up and confessed to her, receiving their heartfelt letters, stuttering to get their words out, boxes of chocolate and bouquets of flowers handed to her. She politely accepted each one, and her soft smile softened the blow when she told them that she wasn’t looking for a boyfriend. Each time, Joonmyun’s heart would leap at her rejection of all the other boys in the school, but then he lost a part of his confidence, thinking that he too would be rejected and then stuffed his letters in his bag and swallowed the words that wanted to tumble from his mouth.

It was the last day of school before winter break, and he was walking to his locker when his ears caught wind of a conversation. He knew who the voice belonged to and he stopped in his tracks to hear that angelic voice of hers.

“What are your plans for Christmas, Rong?”

“I’m working at the café.”

“Take a day off! It’s the holidays!”

“I can’t…”

*********

It was Christmas Eve, and Joonmyun knew exactly where he needed to be. He made his way into the café and sat down at the booth and patiently waited for her to come over and take his order.  She was the only wait staff that was on duty that day. When she came over he slowly lifted his head and their eyes met.

“Joonmyun?”

“You know me?”

“Of course. We go to the same school and we’re in the same grade.”

He still couldn’t get over the fact that she knew his name, and he had no words to say.

“What can I get for you?”

He smiled at her, but didn’t have anything that he particularly wanted.

“Surprise me.”

She walked away and came back a few moments later with a cup of white hot chocolate and a side of marshmallows, then went back to serve the other customers who had come in. He drank slowly, so that he would have reason to stay, but even still, it ran out within an hour. He took out the letter that had accumulated over the years from his bag and decided to read them. They were crumpled, and the edges of the older ones were slightly torn. There were two things he noticed. The first, was that his handwriting had improved, and the second, was that each letter had the same message over and over again. He didn’t notice that the café was closing until she sat in the seat opposite him.

“What are you still doing here?”

“Oh! I guess I lost track of time…”

“Writing letters to Santa?”

“What?”

She used her lips to point to the letters in his hand, and he quickly flipped them over so that she wouldn’t see who they were addressed to.

“How many wishes do you want, that you need to write him that many letters?”

Joonmyun didn’t know what had possessed him to do so, but he leaned over the table and gave her a kiss on the lips. When he pulled back he sat back down in his seat with a smug smile on his face.

“I only had one wish…I kept wishing for it every year, but it wasn’t until this year that I finally decided to hand in the letters…”

He pushed the letters in front of her, and she scanned its contents quickly before looking back at him.

“I’ll grant your wish…”

“Really?”

“Mhmmm…your confession was the only thing I was waiting for…”

“Merry Christmas, Chorong…”

“Merry Christmas, Joonmyun…”