Aster [CHOHAN]

The Language of Flowers [REQUESTS CLOSED]

For -dewdrops

Aster

Chorong was fuming. In the year that she had been married, she had told her husband, Luhan, a list of things that he must do in order for the housework to be organised and for her to be happy. Today, of all days, when she woke up with a massive headache, did he have to disobey that very simple list.

When you leave for work in the morning, don’t turn off the alarm clock.

Chorong woke up with a pounding headache, and her head nearly exploded when she realised she had woken up at eleven o’clock. She was supposed to be awake three hours ago, so that she could do all the work that she needed to do. When she looked to her alarm clock, she realised that her husband had put it on mute, to prevent her from hearing it ring.

After going to the bathroom, put the toilet seat down.

When she went to the toilet that morning, Chorong got a big shock when she fell right through. Little by little, she could feel her blood pressure rising, and the urge to scream out in frustration was seriously coursing through her veins. She carefully got back up, with a scowl on her face, before slamming the toilet seat down, and finally doing her business.

When you finish your coffee, don’t leave the cup and spoons in the sink, put them in the dishwasher.

The first two problems of the day, however, didn’t deter Chorong from having a nice breakfast. She ate some bread from her favourite bakery and made herself some coffee. Because it was already time for lunch, she heated up some leftover chicken feet from the night before and ate that. She felt a lot happier after eating the chicken feet, but her mood turned sour again when she saw that Luhan had left his used coffee mug and spoon in the sink. To her, this wasn’t a big thing, but combined with the other two things that Luhan didn’t do, she was starting to get really angry. She felt like by the end of the day she would have experienced the entire spectrum of anger and frustration. She washed the dishes and utensils, imagining that it was her husband’s face and made sure to give each one a good scrubbing.

Don’t leave the towel lying around; put it in the laundry basket.

Chorong thought that a nice bath would calm her down, but she was wrong. As soon as she stepped foot into the bathroom she saw Luhan’s dirty towel strewn across the floor. She picked it up and realised that it was very wet and had left a puddle on the floor. She wrung it out in the bath tub, making sure to relieve all her stress on the towel, and then bent down and cleaned up the puddle. She put the towel in the washing machine and then filled up the bath tub with some warm water and bath salts. When she finally went in, she closed her eyes and tried to relax. When she finished, she turned off the hot water so that when Luhan came home in the next couple of hours he would take a cold bath.

Take out the trash.

She took out an ice cream from the freezer to see if that could alleviate her hot mood. It was delicious and it definitely did the trick. She felt a lot cooler and she felt like her mind froze out the events of the day. When she went to throw away the wrapper, the bin was full. Luhan forgot to take the trash out when he left for work. She kicked the bin, but then some of the trash fell out and she had to clean it up. She wrapped the plastic bag, and then took out the trash. She decided that Luhan would be sleeping on the couch for the rest of the week.

Stock the fridge, and put everything in the right order.

Chorong became hungry and decided to make herself some food. When she opened the refrigerator, she found that they had no vegetables or meat to cook. When she opened the pantry to see if they had any ingredients in there, not only did it only contain snack foods, but they were also mixed up. Chorong couldn’t take it anymore. She didn’t even try to clean up. She just went to the living room to watch some television. Surprisingly, when she the television, Hello was playing and it was about a woman whose husband constantly didn’t clean up after himself. She found out that he had been doing it for five years. Chorong didn’t realise it, but her hand made a fist just thinking about what would happen if Luhan did something like that. She chuckled when someone shouted out to the woman to divorce the husband, and agreed. When Luhan came home, she would give him a good talking to. Or, should she just ignore him?

Give your wife a kiss when you get home.

At five in the afternoon, Luhan walked through the door. He shouted out that he was home and Chorong saw him walk straight into their bedroom and come out in his clothes for home use. She pouted and continued to watch the television. He came up behind her and asked what was there for dinner. She turned around and shot daggers at him.

“Yah!”

“Wae?”

“What do you mean? Make your own dinner! There’s nothing in the fridge to make dinner with! Oh! And clean up the pantry, take the laundry out and sleep on the couch for the rest of the week! Hmph!”

“Did I do something?”

“It’s not what you did, but what you didn’t do!”

Chorong rattled off all the things that Luhan didn’t do and Luhan smiled and then wrapped his arms around her waist.

“And lastly, you didn’t give me a kiss when you got home!”

“Ahrasso…”

Luhan leaned in and gave her a long kiss on the lips.

“Am I forgiven?”

“No.”

“What if I gave you this?”

Luhan presented her with an aster flower.

“What’s this?”

“I picked it up on the way home. When I walked out of the house this morning, I was in a rush. I had woken up late so I just didn’t do those things, but I promise to do them from now on.”

“Why didn’t you wake me?”

“You were tired…and you looked cute while you were sleeping…”

“Why not roses?”

“Because…this flower means patience. I love you, and I’m sorry I made you angry today. Thank you for being patient with me.”

“I forgive you…”

“So, does that mean I don’t have to sleep on the couch?”

“No. You’re still sleeping there, but I’ll reduce it to only tonight.”

“I guess that’s fair enough.”

“Okay. Go take a shower. You stink…”

“Ahrasso…”

Luhan gave Chorong another kiss on the lips before running up the stairs. Five minutes later, Chorong heard Luhan scream. Oh right, I forgot to turn the hot water back on. Serves you right…

Chorong 1, Luhan 0.