Tulips [KYUNGMI + MYUNJI]

The Language of Flowers [REQUESTS CLOSED]

For LoveNeedsSpark + shazady

Tulips

Kyungsoo and Joonmyun were each other’s wingman. Ever since they had become friends in middle school, wherever Kyungsoo was, Joonmyun was there, and vice versa. If you explored the milestones that they had since middle school, you could generally see that they achieved it at around the same time. Joonmyun got his first kiss a few days later after Kyungsoo did, they went on a date on the same day, though at the same place, which earned a slap for them both, they both tried their first drink and got drunk at the same party and all that kind of stuff. They mirrored each other, even to the point of their grades in school, like they were twins or something.

While they were eating at the food court in the mall, a girl had caught Kyungsoo’s eye that the fries that were in his mouth dropped on the floor. Suddenly, he felt Joonmyun begin to slap him really hard on the chest in excitement.

“Dude! That girl is really pretty!” Kyungsoo looked over to who Joonmyun was pointing at and realised that it was the same girl that caught his eye.

“Back off, man! I saw her first! She’s mine!” Kyungsoo had the competitive look in his eye and Joonmyun mirrored it. They both stood up from their seats and ran over to where the girl was standing, having a silent agreement that whoever asks her out first will be the winner. However, just before they reached, another girl came up and stood next to the girl that they were looking at before they started talking and laughing. Kyungsoo and Joonmyun gave each other a high five.

They didn’t need to fight. They could both have a date.

--------------------------------------

Bomi and Eunji were best friends since birth. They had practically known each other since the womb since their mothers were so close. Everyone thought they were alike. Both were a bit tomboy-ish, they were both loud, they were both friendly and easily approachable and they both had great comic timing. However, both had completely different interest. Eunji wasn’t into sports, but Bomi was an expert at Taekwondo. Eunji wasn’t very good at aegyo, but Bomi did it excessively. They both complemented each other, and so, became a package deal.

They decided to go to the mall to look for something to wear since there was a school dance coming up. All their other friends had boyfriends and instantly had a date, so Bomi and Eunji decided that if there were no boys interested in taking them out, they could go together.

Eunji had shown up at the mall first and was waiting for Bomi. She was getting hungry so she called her friend, and Bomi sped up her walking speed at the mention of food. As they were walking to the food court, two guys approached them, and the two girls side-eyed each other, thinking that they were both going to get dates.

                --------------------------------------

Kyungsoo decided to approach first, while Joonmyun followed behind. He hadn’t asked out a girl in a long time, so he didn’t know where to start.

“So, ummm…hey…”

“Hey…”

“This is probably way too forward, but…would you like to go out on a date with me? My name is Kyungsoo, by the way…”

“Sure…my name is Eunji…”

“Cool…do you want to hang out first in the food court?”

“Okay…”

“Hi, my name is Joonmyun…”

“My name is Bomi…”

“So, do you want to go on a date with me?”

“Sure…”

The two couples went into the food court, and they sat down where Kyungsoo and Joonmyun had sat. They threw away their previous food, and then asked the girls what food they wanted. The girls picked out pasta, and that’s what the boys got.

Joonmyun decided to defuse a possible awkward situation by continually speaking.

“How come you guys said ‘yes’ to us immediately? For all you know, we could be like some stalker or serial killer or something…”

“Actually, we were looking for dates…” Eunji said.

“Why?”

“We have a school dance coming up and we didn’t want to go without a date, so you guys coming up to us were like perfect timing…”

--------------------------------------

Bomi and Eunji both thought that the two guys were cute. However, they were both slightly disappointed with their pairs. Bomi had wanted Kyungsoo to ask her out because she liked the way his lips looked and had big eyes and Eunji wanted Joonmyun because he had a cute and infectious laugh, like how Eunji wanted. However, when the opposite boy asked them out, they both didn’t reject in fear of getting rejected and ending up having no date. Hence, they thought they could just double date with the guys.

However, throughout the meal, whenever Joonmyun made a joke, Eunji would laugh and whenever Kyungsoo did something stupid like slurping up the spaghetti so fast that the strand of pasta hit him in the face, Bomi found it cute and laughed.

The two really wanted to switch partners, but they didn’t want to be rude.

--------------------------------------

Kyungsoo was trying really hard to entertain Eunji, but in the end Bomi was the one that liked his goofiness. Joonmyun was trying equally as hard to impress Bomi, but only Eunji would understand his sense of humor. They didn’t want to suggest a switch in partners in fear of getting rejected, so they just stayed like that.

Suddenly, the hours got later and the girls had to get home. But, before they left, they all exchanged phone numbers.

“Will you guys come to our school dance?”

“Sure!”

“We’ll text you the details!”

“See you then!”

--------------------------------------

On the day of the school dance, Bomi and Eunji both got ready at Bomi’s house since it was closer to the school. They asked Kyungsoo and Joonmyun to pick them up there and were surprised when the two boys arrived on agreed meeting time.

They waited in the living room, and when both girls emerged, both of their jaws dropped. Naturally they were both walking to the girl they wanted, but then realised their mistake and went to the girl that they had originally asked out.

The two couples walked hand in hand to the school hall, and their friends were surprised that they both brought separate male dates, instead of going with each other or bring one date to share. The two couples decided to part ways for the night, to “make it feel like a real date”, but five minutes in, and both couples were awkward with each other, regretting the decision to split and wanting to have a group date.

The DJ began to play a slow song, and all the couples gravitated to the dance floor for a romantic dance. Bomi had her arms around Joonmyun’s neck and Eunji had her arms around Kyungsoo’s, but they were both looking at a different guy.

Kyungsoo spun Eunji around, and since she was shocked she ended up looking at his face and he has a mischievous smile.

“What?”

“I think we both made a mistake…”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean…you can’t stop looking at my friend over there, and I can’t stop looking at yours…”

“What are you saying?”

“Let’s do a swap…”

Eunji nodded in agreement.

“Call!”

They manoeuvred their dance over to where Joonmyun and Bomi were, and then called out to each other.

“Dude, spin Bomi, and I’ll spin Eunji!”

“Why?”

“Just do it!”

Joonmyun did as he was told, and when he grabbed his partner again, he realised that Eunji was now the one in his arms, and Bomi was with Kyungsoo.

“Surprised?”

“Yes…but I like it…”

--------------------------------------

Bomi was shocked when she ended up with Kyungsoo but then he pulled what he called a “zombie” face and she began to laugh.

“Was this your idea?”

“Yes!”

“I knew that I liked you!”

“I like you too!”

 

 

Another AN: I marked this complete cause I don't know when I'll have time to update anymore. So I'm sorry, if I haven't filled in your request. I hope that you understand.