Holly [HANEUN]

The Language of Flowers [REQUESTS CLOSED]

AN: Just a quick update (haven’t edited) before Christmas! I feel bad for not updating more often…but I’ll try to get around to it…Anyways, I hope you guys are all ready for the holiday season!

For soshix1279 + jasminaudrey01


Holly 


“Deck the halls with boughs of holly falalalalalalala”

"Babe, are you gonna keep singing that song? There's still three weeks before Christmas..."

"What? I feel Christmas-sy already...besides it's stuck in there..."

"I can think of ways to get your mind off of that song..."

Luhan came up behind Naeun and planted a kiss on her collarbone. Before he could proceed with further kisses, she laid her palm against his face and then steadied it with her two hands when he tried to continue what he was doing.

"Oppa! Hajima!"

"What?"

"Can you grant me a wish?"

"No way!"

"Wae?"

"Grant my wish first?"

"What wish?"

He pointed to his lips as he puckered them up. Naeun made a dramatic sigh and then have him a quick peck before hooking her arm through his, grabbing their keys from the table and then dragging him towards the car.

"Where are we going, miss? You haven't fulfilled my wish!"

"Well, judging from your lack of specification ok your wish and your action of pointing to your lips, I thought you wanted a kiss. And I have you one! Now, you have to grant my wish..."

"What is it?"

"Oppa! Let's go Christmas shopping!"

Luhan groaned and pretended to hit his head against the window until he actually did. Naeun laughed.

"That's what you get for laughing at me! Let's go!"

Once they got to the mall, Naeun immediately ran over to where all the Christmas related items were. Luhan cringed at everything. He was a simple guy and all he thought that sufficed was a tree with a few baubles attached, a star on the top, presents underneath, maybe some stockings hung up and a wreath on the front door. When he found out that they were hosting the family Christmas party to celebrate their first year as a married couple, Naeun became excited at the thought of buying Christmas coasters, plates, candles and anything else green, red, white or gold that she could think of. He suggested they use white paper plates. When Naeun asked why, he replied that it could symbolise snow and all he earned was a glare from his wife.

Now, she was fulfilling all her wishes and although she pretended to ask for his input, she went with what she wanted anyway. Two hours, 30 white plates with fancy green and red squiggles on it, ten metres of gold and silver garland and other Christmas paraphernalia later, she was finally done with her shopping.

"Naeun-ah, are you tired?"

"Oppa, as a reward for your patience, you can choose what we eat today..."

"How about we try that new..."

Before he could finish his sentence, Naeun clapped her hands and dragged him over to a cafe that was selling gingerbread cookies. 

"Oppa, let's try that? Then we can see if we can have some of those at the party..."

Luhan pouted but followed her anyway. They sat at one of the tables and Naeun ordered some glazed ham, hot chocolate topped with cinnamon and a plate of gingerbread cookies. Luhan ordered a tuna sandwich.

“So, what’s next on your Christmas to-do list?”

Naeun pondered for a moment before starting to babble off on all the things that she would do when they got home. Luhan knew that at least half of the stuff she wanted done was going to be finished by him and all he could do was bite into his sandwich.

When they arrived home, Naeun set to work straight away, while Luhan tried to sneak off so that he didn’t have to do any work. Before he could make one step out of the lounge room, Naeun put a hand to his chest, tip-toed to give him a kiss and then backed him onto the couch, where she handed him a pile of garland. She gave him a sweet smile before lacing her next sentence with aegyo.

“Oppa, can you line that for me?”

She pointed to where the ceiling met the wall, and then Luhan pulled out a ladder to finish his task. After that, he helped Naeun decorate the tree, and then after that, he changed the cushion covers to those with Christmas colors, and then after that, he hung up the stockings, and then after that, he even sprayed some fake snow foam onto the tree, and then after that, they were finally finished.

Luhan was so close to passing out on the couch, then when he put his feet up on the table, he didn’t even care that Naeun would nag him to take them off. He closed his eyes, and felt Naeun sidle up to him. He was going to feign sleep so that she wouldn’t ask him to do anything else, but when she kept poking his side, he was ticklish and couldn’t hide the smile that broke out on his face.

“I have a present for you…”

“Mwo?”

“Open your eyes…”

When he did, she presented him with a large box.

“A train set!”

“I thought you would like it. The track is about 15 meters long so you could probably run it around half of the room…”

“Let’s build it together?”

“Eung!”

They took out all the parts as Luhan started to build the tracks, winding them around the tree and against the walls, past the couch. Naeun put the batteries in the train, and then finally set it off.

“Are you still mad that all we did today was go Christmas shopping?”

“Ani! Your wish is my command! I will do whatever you want…”

“Well, you know, you should, because the day you married me was like the day you agreed to be my slave…”

“As long as we both shall live…”

“So, do you have anymore plans for today?”

“There is one thing…that we absolutely must do…”

“What is it?”

“Close your eyes first…”

He did as he was told, and he felt her shuffle a bit before returning to stand in front of him.

“Open, and look up…”

“Mistletoe?”

“Shut up, and kiss me…”

“As you wish…”

After they finished kissing, she threw the mistletoe on the pile of boxes and wrapping to throw out.

“Hey! What are you doing?”

“We’ve used it already, you can’t use it anymore!”

“Ahrasso!”

Luhan started to fiddle in his jeans pocket until he took out his keys.

“Naeun-ah, I’ll be back later, okay? Make some of the gingerbread cookies that you want to try…”

“Where are you going?”

“To the stores…”

“Why?”

“To buy more mistletoe, of course!”