The Unplanned Love

JUST KEO [LEO and KEN] - ONE-SHOTS

The Unplanned Love

 

Falling in love is the most fragile feeling a heart could ever feel. It doesn't end when a heart is already taken. Life is a constant battle. A heart can still beat, even faster than it was before. Believe me, someone can steal your heart even before you know it.

 

- M.G.M.N.


 

 

 

Ken has been walking around for hours, window shopping in a mall. He got off from work early and so he decided to unwind his troubled mind by mindlessly walking around the huge air-conditioned place for the meantime because if he went home right now, he'll just stare at the ceiling for god knows how long so he wants a change of scenery every once in awhile.

 

He got a crush and actually, it has been his biggest problem so far. He doesn't know what to do, what to think or what to say. It has been months since he hadn't seen his crush and it was bugging him all the time.

 

Ken has a crush on this guy ever since two years ago when he started to work in a bakery shop. The guy owned a business across the street, together with his brother Ravi and his cousin Hongbin. He knew the other two names because Ravi always smiles at him whenever they meet and they even had short conversations before while, Hongbin’s mother has a store beside theirs so it’s not that hard to know his name.

 

Ever since Ken saw him buying some bread in the shop he's working at, he couldn't take his eyes off of him. From then on, he became a stalker who always takes glances at his shop, staring at him before Ken could get caught by him.

 

Ken didn't know his name though. He didn’t hear his name when one time, a close bank attendant told Leo’s real name to his manager but they were teasing him at the same time so, because he was busy fanning himself from embarrassment, he didn’t catch Leo’s real name. In the end, Ken couldn't figure out his name and he was too shy to ask again so he called him by the name Leo because his deep set of eyes looks like it has teeth ready to chew someone with his intense stare. Leo does suit him best but the latter didn't know Ken made a code name for him.

 

 

"Oh? Hi!"

 

Ken stiffened by his crush's sudden greeting. Yes. It wasn't the first time they talk because they had short conversations before when Leo would buy in their shop. But, of course, it still made Ken surprised that Leo knew him even outside his workplace. He never thought that Leo would greet him in the first place and in a different venue.

 

"H-hi..." Ken replied shyly.

 

Taekwoon is with Hongbin and they started walking closer to Ken and stop in front of the latter.

 

"What are you doing here?" Taekwoon asked.

 

Ken couldn't make an eye-contact so his eyes stay rooted on the tiled floor while answering.

 

"J-just...roaming around."

 

"Then--"

 

"Hi Ken! What are you doing here?" Ravi suddenly appeared.

 

"Uh...window s-shopping--" Ken replied while scratching the back of his head shyly.

 

"Then you can come with us! Let's watch a movie!" Ravi invited all of a sudden which made Ken surprised.

 

"Um...I don't know--"

 

All of a sudden, Taekwoon pulled Ken's arm and drag him to the ticket booth. Ravi and Hongbin both followed.

 

"Um--"

 

"It's just a movie, Ken." Taekwoon said and hearing his name from his lips made Ken instantly blush.

 

'Yeah...I guess a movie wouldn't hurt Leo so much.'

 

Ken was staring at Leo's hand on his wrist the whole time they decided to watch a movie togheter. Then, even going inside the movie house, Ken couldn't take his eyes off Leo's hand.

 

When they all were seated: Leo sits beside Ken on his right, then Hongbin was on his right while beside Hongbin is Ravi.

 

The movie finally started and Ken got goose bump hearing a thrilling sound. He got scared all of a sudden even though nothing has appeared yet on the big screen. He then hugs his knees and his hands are getting ready to cover his eyes any moment soon.

 

"Are you cold?" Ken heard Leo whispered near his ears which Ken quivered feeling Leo’s hot breath on his skin.

 

Ken shakes his head embarrassingly and then a scream wakes him up from flying in the cloud nine which also made him scream as well and hide his face in between his knees and chest.

 

Leo chuckled seeing Ken in that state and so, he took off his checkered button down shirt on top of his plain white tee and cover Ken with it.

 

Ken, on the other hand, upon feeling something covered his body, lift up his head and find Leo wearing only his white shirt. He then grab Leo's button down shirt and was about to ask Leo about it when he heard a scream coming from the screen which made him to cover himself with Leo's shirt, scared out of his wits. But then, he can smell Leo's scent in his shirt that made Ken's heart calmed down a bit.

 

Since it was free, Ken couldn't complain why he was watching a horror movie right now. He blamed himself for not looking when their picking a movie to see. So, he just wants the movie to end as soon as possible before he could collapse on the floor and slide down under the benches going towards the first row.

 

Taekwoon who seem to be staring at Ken's scared state, couldn't help but to take the latter's hand, grip it tight and then stretch out to whisper in Hongbin's ear,

 

"I'll take Ken out."

 

Before Hongbin could mutter a reply, Taekwoon stand up and pull Ken up and drags the latter out of the movie house. Ken couldn't complain and just let the man drags him out. When they were almost out, screams coming from the audience made Ken startled and intertwined their hands and grip it tight. He closes his eyes as well while he hugs Leo from behind.

 

"Ken,"

 

Leo's voice made Ken to open his eyes and find they were finally outside the movie house.

 

"Are you alright?"

 

Ken madly blushes and then nod but Leo can feel Ken shaking up.

 

"You seem messed up. Look at your hair--" Taekwoon then fixes Ken's hair which made the latter blush and shoves Leo's hand away and fixes his own hair, brushing it with his fingers with a pout.

 

"How cute," Taekwoon remarks while looking at Ken amusingly. The latter then was about to hide his blushing face in his palms when he found out they were holding hands.

 

"O-our hands--" Ken was about to untangle their intertwined hands but the latter only grips it tight, didn’t let go.

 

"Let's stay like this--"

 

"B-but I n-need to go to the b-bathroom--" Ken try to excuse but Leo only smiled at him.

 

"Then let's go."

 

Holding hands, Ken and Taekwoon walks to the bathroom hand in hand. Ken bowed down his head in shyness and couldn't hide his blushed face.

 

"L-let...go." Ken mumbled once they reached the place.

 

"Okay. I'll wait outside." Taekwoon said with a smile and then let Ken's hand go.

 

Taekwoon sighed. What was he thinking? He's taking advantage of Ken without even thinking straight. For Buddha’s sake—

 

"I-I'm s-sorry..." Ken whispered after taking a minute inside while bowing his head low and is now wearing Leo's button down shirt on top of his green v-cut shirt.

 

Taekwoon reaches out to hug Ken but then Hongbin and Ravi appeared.

 

"Ken!" Ravi yelled and Ken replied with a smile.

 

Taekwoon grips his fist tight, seeing how ease Ken is with Ravi. The two were now walking in front of them while Ravi talking nonstop and Ken seemed to be enjoying since he's smiling and laughing from time to time.

 

The scene made Takewoon angry in jealousy. He was about to pull the two away when Hongbin stops him from even taking a step forward.

 

"I hope you won’t forget that you already have a girlfriend."

 

It stabs his heart and he blamed Ken for all of these.

 

Taekwoon has been living a normal life. He already has a girlfriend and he wants to settle down as well. But, after seeing Ken, hearing his voice and staring at his face while smiling, he knew his heart was in trouble. He tried to stay away as much as possible. He let Ravi take over his business when he was away, concentrating on his girlfriend but... even when he's overseas, Ken has always been pestering his mind nonstop.

 

When he got back, he couldn't meet Ken or even see his face which made him somewhat relief and guilt free. But, this happened. He never expected to see Ken all of a sudden which made his heart squeezed from missing Ken so much his heart made a move which his mind will soon regret everything he's doing later.

 

Taekwoon love his girlfriend and he’s about to propose. He was serious but something is pulling him back. Ken. And Ken has somewhat found a special place in his heart. And after holding his hand right now, Taekwoon realized he likes Ken and to hell with other things. Because right now, all that is right to him was to be with Ken and to hold his hand.

 

"Taekwoon," Hongbin warned but it was already too late for Taekwoon to stop. He immediately take Ken's hand and drag him away, leaving a stunned Ravi and Hongbin, shaking his head.

 

"What happened to hyung?" Ravi asks curiously, glancing at his cousin.

 

"Just let him go for now. Let's go home." Hongbin then drags Ravi out of the mall.

 

"But--" Hongbin shakes his head when Ravi was about to protest and he take one last look at his brother and Ken walking away before he let himself be drag by his cousin.

 

On the other hand, Ken stops Leo from dragging him and they both stop in front of the ice skating rink.

 

Both of them are panting hard and Taekwoon just stare at Ken while catching his breath.

 

"What...do you want?" Ken asks and when he lifts up his face, Taekwoon can see the tears flowing from his eyes.

 

"Why do you keep hurting me all the time..." Ken then step forward to punch Leo's chest with both of his fists.

 

"You obviously know I like you...so why are you doing this to me?" Ken then buried his face on Leo's chest and cry as hard as he can; letting his feelings out for this guy he cherishes the most.

 

Ken loves Leo. Even though he doesn’t know much about him, Ken's heart grew out for him.

 

"I'm sorry...Ken. I truly am." Taekwoon then envelop Ken inside his arms, not minding the people staring at them.

 

"Do you love me?" Taekwoon ask once he pulls Ken away to stare at him in the eyes.

 

Ken just blinks his eyes and then shyly nods.

 

"But...can you forget about me then?" Taekwoon ask once he pulls Ken back in his arms.

 

Ken gasp hearing Leo's question and his reply to him is a wail of cry.

 

"I thought so." Taekwoon grip Ken tight, smile and then plant a soft kiss on Ken's forehead.

 

"Can you wait for me then?" Taekwoon's next words made Ken stare at him curiously.

 

Taekwoon wipes away Ken's tears.

 

"I have to settle things first." Ken widened his eyes in surprise.

 

"It was a late notice. I never thought holding you in my arms and touching your hand will give me so much more than anyone else could ever give." Taekwoon confessed and plant a soft kiss on Ken's lips.

 

Ken just stares at him bewilderedly.

 

"Let's go. I'll take you home."

 

 

Ken just blankly let Leo drag him out of the mall, wishing he's not having a dream right now because if he does... he doesn’t want to wake up anymore.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|>

 

RING~~~

 

Ken abruptly stands up hearing his alarm and groggily walks outside his room in daze, going straight to the kitchen. He then takes a sit on one of the dining table's chair and drops his head on top sleepily.

 

"What a dream." Ken mumbled.

 

"What did you dream last night, Jaehwan-ah? Did you dream of me?"

 

Ken's eyes immediately open and then slam his hands on the table astounded while staring at the person who’s wearing an apron and holding a pot of ramyun on his clothed hands.

 

"L-Leo--"

 

 

"So, you dreamed of me last night. You called me Leo in your sleep too many times."

 

Ken instantly blush as Leo or most likely known by his real name Taekwoon place the hot pot in the center of the table and takes off the apron and pot holders before taking a seat across him as well.

 

"I'm sorry." Ken bows his head shyly.

 

Taekwoon smiled and opens the pot of freshly cooked ramyun.

 

"You don't have to apologize every time you scream the nickname you gave me every night you have a dream about me. Say, what did you always dream, Kennie?" Taekwoon laughs seeing Ken's flushed face and then when the latter's hide his face in his palms, embarrassed.

 

"No-no-nothing...Taekwoon--"

 

"I told you too many times already, Leo is fine." Taekwoon then gives him a bowl of ramyun.

 

"It's already been two years, Jaehwan-ah and you're still shy. I'm starting to think that you're comfortable with my brother and not with me." Taekwoon sighed, acting like a jealous boyfriend that he is.

 

Ken immediately shakes his hands in the air at the same time his head shaking no.

 

"I-I'm...sorry. It's just--"

 

"I know that too, Ken."

 

"H-huh?" Ken curiously stares.

 

Taekwoon smiled. "You love me so much."

 

And Ken blushes once again and hides his face in his palms. His lips then stretches into a smile and thank the Lord above mentally for giving him patience to wait for Leo to settle things he said he would before asking him on a date soon after he knocked on his door and he gladly open it wide for him to enter.

 

The END.

 

A/N: In real life, their love is unrequited. A stupid one-side love as my friend said. The characters VIXX protrayed are real people though i changed some things and the mall up to the end scenes didn't happen in reality. It's purely my imagination. I hope you enjoyed this one-shot. thanks for reading! ♥