THE BABYLON CANDLE

JUST KEO [LEO and KEN] - ONE-SHOTS

KEO

Romance

PG-13

 

 

                                                                                                                                               Midnight of April 2014 [Current Time: 12:01AM]

 

 

Jung Taekwoon just finished washing up and goes out of the bathroom while drying his hair with his towel when suddenly an impact from somewhere unknown to him brought him down on the floor with a heavy weight of a person on top of him.

 

 

"Ouch…" A voice whined and groaned.

 

When Taekwoon finally met the eyes of the owner of the voice that collapsed on top of him, he blinked in confusion while the latter let out a scream making him confusingly annoyed.

 

 

"WHAT THE HELL?! HOW DID YOU ENTER IN MY ROOM?!"

 

 

"Er... magic?"

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It has been told through many generations and passed through the next and the next generations that there was a candle called the Babylon candle, a mystic and very powerful candle that has ever made.

 

It was the work of a dark magician named Perryl. He molded and created the candle one wishes to have and use.

 

The candle, once made, lit up on the night of a full moon where its light in the dark was at its closes to the earth.

 

Perryl created it and immediately uses it for its very sole purpose.

 

He used to live his life alone for a hundred and five years without anyone beside him since he was labeled as a scary dark magician. Everyone despises him.

 

And so, all his life he searched and searched for the ingredients on how to make a Babylon candle which said to be a savior to everyone's desire.

 

And what Perryl desires the most was to have a companion he could share his last few years in this world. He knew he was going to die. Soon.

 

And as he lit up the candle right before the big moon arises, he closes his eyes and whispered his wish.

 

 

"Take me to where my heart lies."

 

 

As he said those very words, the candle ignited and aglow as bright as the moon.

 

 

Then, the next moment, Perryl was gone and never to be seen again along with the Babylon Candle together lost with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Present Time, April 2014

 

 

 

 

 

"Son, wake up. You need to go to school."

 

 

Lee Jaehwan, 15 soon turning sixteen in a matter of hours moaned and fidgeted a little but didn't wake up yet.

 

Then, a slap strike through his made him jolt to sit abruptly, annoyed at the owner of the heavy hand that hit his precious .

 

"Uncle Perryl!" He yelled.

 

"Hurry up now. Your auntie already prepared your lunch."

 

Jaehwan groaned and lied back on his bed in frustration.

 

"Your five minute countdown starts now, Jaehwan." Perryl noted before he left his room.

 

Jaehwan groaned once again and rolled all over his bed before he finally pulled himself up and headed straight to the bathroom.

 

After getting ready, he went down wearing his uniform and his bag swinging in his hand as he descend down the stairs and head toward the dining room.

 

He then met his aunt and his uncle busy arguing with something he couldn't understand because they're whispering to each other.

 

Jaehwan then coughed to get their attention and harshly pulled out the chair, obviously making an impression early in the morning.

 

 

"Jaehwan," Perryl called as he took his seat across the younger. "Your aunt and I had been thinking about--"

 

"Go home early later, Jaehwan. Okay?" Jaehwan's aunt cut Perryl off, making the old man looked at her in surprise.

 

"Okay." Jaehwan muttered while having food in his mouth.

 

 

Jaehwan then took off.

 

 

At school, his classmates and close friends greeted him and he was happy that they remembered his birthday.

 

But, his smile quickly fade off when one particular classmate of his whispered something next to his ear that made his day crumbled like a sand dripping down from his hand.

 

 

"I asked Jung Taekwoon earlier. He said he didn't know you."

 

 

Jaehwan's face saddened and at the same time anger creep out onto his eyes, getting redder by the minute due to his classmate's information about the secret crush of his that all of his classmates knew even though he didn't even inquire them about him at all.

 

They said it shows in his face. Whenever he sees Taekwoon, he always has this pink aura emitting on his face and his eyes will light up as if Taekwoon is holy along  with hearing a choir singing "Ah~" in the background.

 

 

 

 

Jung Taekwoon is the coldest, poker-est and most handsome guy in his school. He's a junior while he's a sophomore.

 

He doesn't talk much or interact with others. He's mostly alone with himself and sometimes he's with the only friend of his whose exactly the very opposite of him, Cha Hakyeon.

 

 

 

 

Sadly, unknown to Jung Taekwoon, there is a Lee Jaehwan existed. Never the guy looked at him, not even once. So, Jaehwan concluded that the older didn't know him. And, it was now a fact.

 

But still, it didn't give away the fact that Jaehwan still liked him even though Taekwoon is as far as the star to reach even though the only distance between them is just a building away. He's on the east wing while Taekwoon is on the west wing.

 

 

 

The rest of the day, Jaehwan mope on his seat, not happy anymore. All day he did was just staring outside, busy looking at the field where Taekwoon plays soccer.

 

He never bothered to listen as his eyes and all his senses where all busy watching Taekwoon, listening to his pants and small talks, as well as memorizing every bit of detail, even his tiny mole at the back of his right ear that doesn't have any piercing.

 

Jung Taekwoon exudes everything that Jaehwan likes to a person. He isn't gay to begin with and didn't think he would be but Taekwoon was an exemption.

 

He's only gay toward Jung Taekwoon. There wouldn't be a next guy he would fall in love with and there won't be anyone that will replace Jung Taekwoon's special spot in his heart.

 

 

 

 

The ring from the bell wake Jaehwan from his thoughts and he quickly fixes his things then immediately get out of the room to the hallway, ready to go home as he remembered his auntie's words.

 

But, of course, since it's his birthday, his friends caught up with him and pulled him to a near coffee shop to celebrate.

 

Of course, he couldn't say no.

 

He went home at quarter to twelve and the expression on his aunt's face tells him all. She was disappointed.

 

 

"Sorry." He quickly apologizes and kissed her on her cheek. Her aunt suddenly hugged him and weeps on his shoulder.

 

 

Jaehwan is surprised and also astonished at the same time. He pulled his aunt's body to look at her properly in reply and asked him through the eyes.

 

His aunt wipes her face before she spoke.

 

"Your uncle wants you. He's in his room."

 

As the words were said to him, Jaehwan's forehead frowned.

 

"I-Is there something wrong with him?" He asked.

 

"Just go."

 

 

Without a word, he let go of his bag and immediately ran towards his uncle's room on the second floor.

 

 

His uncle Perryl is precious to him. He's been with him ever since before he could speak.

 

 

He slowly opens the door and found the lights off but a lampshade on the night table was lit on. Then, he saw his uncle lying on his bed, looking very ill. The old man weren't like that when his uncle woke him up earlier this morning.

 

He didn't know what to do.

 

Jaehwan slowly walked closer and lightly sits at the side of the bed. He then laid his palm over his uncle's hand on his chest that wakes him up.

 

"J-Jaewhan," His uncle Perryl called with a hoarse voice.

 

"Yes? Are you sick Uncle? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?"

 

Perryl chuckled weakly.

 

"W-will you get me my present for you in the drawer?" He said and Jaehwan complied but he frowned seeing a cylindrical brown wrap with a black thread knot in the middle.

 

"Open it."

 

Jaehwan, once again complied. He unknot and opened the wrap to witness a black colored candle that was already been half used.

 

 

"T-this…" looking at the candle in confusion. "This is your gift for me?"

 

His uncle pronounced a low and still weak chuckle.

 

Perryl nodded in response then pulled Jaehwan closer so that he could hear his voice.

 

 

"Let me tell you a story, Jaehwan-ah." Perryl said then coughed.

 

 

"I am not a blood-related to you. I… am no relative to you." Perryl stated that made Jaehwan questioningly looked at him.

 

"I…" He paused then held Jaehwan's hand tightly. "I am now a hundred and twenty-six years old. I have come here with this candle you're holding right now."

 

"This?" Jaehwan confusedly asked.

 

"Yes." Perryl answered back.

 

"A very long time ago, people hated and despise me for being a dark magician. I didn't like their treatment, not at all."

 

"I lived for almost all my life in the woods, far away from the people. Then, I encountered something that made me believe that I will never be alone once again. I've created the Babylon Candle that has been foretold by my ancestors."

 

"Y-you? A dark magician? And this," Jaehwan waved the candle in front of his uncle. "called a Babylon candle?"

 

Jaehwan thinks he's uncle was just joking. But his Uncle's face tells him it was all but a big 'yes'. He's telling the very truth.

 

Perryl weakly smiled. "You might not understand but please, try to listen."

 

"Go on." Jaehwan understand.

 

"The candle is not an ordinary candle, Jaehwan. It has a power to grant what you desire the most."

 

"Really?!" Jaehwan's face lit up.

 

Perryl nodded then continued.

 

 

"Tonight, a full moon will arise just like the same moon back in that day when I lit up that candle. If you wish what you truly desire the most, you will find your way getting it."

 

"Really? Really? Really?!" Jaehwan asked, filled up with excitement.

 

 

"It's the very reason why I am here, together with your aunt." Perryl said.

 

 

"Does she know?"

 

"Yes." Perryl answered.

 

"Then," Jaehwan paused to look at his uncle closely. "W-what will happen to you now?"

 

 

"I have done my sole purpose in my life. And, I hope you'll make the right decision in your life. Go now."

 

Jaehwan looked and hesitated when his uncle gestured him to go out of the room.

 

"A-are you sure you'll be alright?" He asked, worried.

 

 

"I will be. Now go."

 

 

Jaehwan then swiftly kissed his uncle's forehead before bidding him good night. "You're the best uncle in the world, Uncle Perryl. Thank you for this special gift."

 

Then he went off and hugged his aunt before he walked out and run towards the field near their house in which the moon can be fully seen big, bright and beautiful.

 

 

 

Jaewhan heaved a sigh before he takes out a lighter on his pocket and started lighting up the Babylon Candle in his hand.

 

 

"This candle will grant what you desire most eh…" He mumbled and heaved a deep breath before closing his eyes.

 

 

He envisioned a certain person. A tall, pale man with a very prominent feature: tall nose, kissable lips and beautiful pair of eyes. That person has a red vibrant hair wearing the same school uniform; only he's wearing a tie around his neck. And his hands were unseen and hidden inside his pants pockets.

 

 

His mind produced Jung Taekwoon.

 

 

When he opens his eyes, looking straight at the lit candle, he made his wish.

 

 

"Take me to… where my heart lies."

 

 

With the incantation done, the Babylon candle once again lit up and glows surrounding Jaehwan a blinding light.

 

 

Then, in a blink of an eye that light squeezes back into a tiny dot until it disperse into the darkness. And, Jaehwan is now nowhere to be found.

 

 

 

Jaehwan's aunt once again weeps. She lost two people on the same day. Perryl now left her and so does Jaehwan.

 

 

 

 

~THE END~

a/n: If you are wondering what happened next, the small part was in the foreword. Thank you for reading~! *♥* to everyone!