THE DESCENT OF AN ANGEL [Sequel to Chapter 23: Touch of an Angel]

JUST KEO [LEO and KEN] - ONE-SHOTS

a/n: my feels went up to the brim last night and I always come back re-reading Touch of an Angel and All you did was to save my life because honestly, I fell in love with my fics. HAHAHA! So, I’ve decided that I will make a sequel because I can’t sleep if Leo is not reincarnated the way I want with Gin as well.

Started working on [6/14/17] and i just finished it now. wow. if you look at my imagination files, you'll hate me because I've so many works that are not finish... :(

Also, this is not entirely planned. I just made my mind do all the work so this doesn't really have a plot but it strictly has one goal: to bring back Leo to life.

You can read the first story here, at chapter 23 or in this link Touch of An Angel.

Enjoy~


 

 

Ken- present time

 

Twenty-five years old Ken tiringly grunts and exhaled a breath just in time the elevator opens. Tired and exhausted from working as an office man, he walked inside the lift, slouching and head bowed down low.

He got an earful from his manager earlier at a slight error he made in the paperwork he's doing but he quickly resolved it, making his manager, an old hag to snort at him before throttling away.

Ken can feel the want to lay down his bed and be with it for the rest of the evening. He was that tired. Not to mention, the heavy traffic on the way home.

He was busy with self-thought that he didn't catch the hand that got almost squished by the sliding doors from each side, catching the lift before it ascends.

Ken also didn't know the man who went inside and stand in front of him, back facing the door.

The tired man also didn't seem to notice the man staring at him with his crown clearly visible for anyone who wants to see.

But, it didn't take for the man to wait that long as he lifts up his hand and ruffles Ken's crown and then, he finally opens his mouth to speak.

“Are you lost?”

Ken immediately lift up his face, eyes wide open as he stares at the man before him. His eyes traveled to every corner of the man and his heartbeat tells him he knew the man yet he doesn't know when and how.

"You are... definitely lost." The man chuckled.

"This is a private elevator and the only place it will go is up in my suite. Are you going there as well?"

Ken blinked his eyes at the man and he couldn't believe that he got to the elevator wrong and probably, he got the condominium wrong as well.

He stared flabbergasted at the man, who now has a silly smile on his lips but still gracefully has a chic presence lingered in his expression still.

"I'm sorry. I think I got lost a bit." He said, mumbling through his teeth but enough to be understood by the man.

The chuckle that came out from the obvious amused man, made Ken shy and he lowered his head in embarrassment.

"It's okay. Come. I'll send you back."

With a sound of the elevator ring, it finally stopped at the top floor and the door opens to the dark room. Ken lifted up his face once again after the man gestured his hand onto him and he gazes at the man and then unto his awaiting hand and automatically, his hand moves and brought his hand to take the offer without thinking twice.

 

The man shifted beside Ken as soon as he pressed the button and the elevator descends with still holding his hand. he squeezes it from time to time and Ken flinches when the man did it. He was embarrassed and astonished at the man who is now holding his hand as if he was a child.

A child.

Ken’s memory took him back when he was a child trapped in the forest near their house in the outskirt of town and, he was crying until someone saved him. But it was blurry and he couldn’t remember his savior’s face even his figure whether he was a man or a woman. His savior though appeared glowing bright.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Ken woke up from his reverie at the man’s voice and he looked at him in bewilderment.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’m asking you if you’re alright. You seem to be listless.” The man answered with an amused smile appearing on his lips as he stares back at him.

 

“I-I’m just tired. That’s all.” Ken replied and sighed.

 

“I bet you are.” The man mused with a smile.

 

The elevator door then opens and the man happily walked out with Ken behind him.

Ken stares at their intertwined hands and he doesn’t know why he accepted the man’s hand nor why  he didn’t do anything about it the whole time.

He knew he was super tired but, that’s not really all there is to it, right?

He also knew it was their very first meeting but, he felt like he had waited all this time to hold one’s hand? Particularly, this warmth the man’s hand is giving.

Like, he was longing for the touch of his hand and this man finally lifted up his yearning.

 

The man then stopped on his trance and Ken, who was busy talking with himself bumped onto the broad back of the said man because he forgot to stop walking.

“It’s raining.” Said the man, eyes looking out the tall glass window beside the glass automatic sliding doors in the condominium.

Ken’s eyes who was staring at the man then turned to see the rain heavily pouring down outside. He sighed.

Monday.

This is a great day to start the week.

Ken sighed once again.

 

The man then turned around, facing him and Ken watched the man as his smile turns to a toothy grin and the glint in his eyes is very visible in his face.

Like, he is happy that it is raining.

And, Ken is trapped with him.

Leo couldn’t be any happier.

 

 

When he opens his eyes, white ceiling welcomed him and a gasp on his side told him someone was there beside him, waiting for him to wake up.

His mother told him how sickly he was when he was a child and the worst thing that happened to his body was to get a cardiac arrest. He was soon bedridden. And, even got into comatose for a whole month.

There was no sign of him waking up.

He was about to die due to how grave his condition came to be but, his mother told him that his body was fighting like it does not want to die.

The doctor already told his parents that there is no way he can survive and was waiting for them to write down the time that tells him of his death.

But, his body didn’t give up.

His body waited for Leo to come and pick up his body back.

The doctors were astounded and told it was a miracle for him to be saved. They examined his body once again and was even more shocked to find there was nothing wrong with him anymore.

His mother thanked every god she knew as he hugged him tight.

But Leo knew everything happened to him before he had taken over his new mortal body.

The god of the forest.

The spirits living in there.

And, Ken.

Most importantly, Ken.

He remembered everything as if it just happened yesterday.

Maybe, it was a gift from N-sama.

From today onwards, he will live in mortal form.

He blinked as his mother began to stare at his face while both her hands touching his cheeks and, with a thankful smile lingering on his painted lips she said,

 

“Thank you for waking up for me, Taekwoon-ah.”

 

 

Leo stare at Ken who doesn’t change even after 15 years. He got lost very easily. But Leo is thankful at Ken’s behavior because their paths finally have crossed.

It was very hard as he thinks of Ken every single day after waking up in a 12-year-old body of Taekwoon. His mother was too possessive of him and couldn’t let go of him all the time.

And so, he lived his life being Taekwoon and he learned so much of the outside world as he couldn’t leave the forest all 312 years of his unmoving life back then.

It was very hard at first, adjusting to his body and to the world he thought could never live. His hands could finally touch the living and all the things his hand could touch: the flowers, the sand, especially the warmth of a person’s hands.

At first, he can’t help himself wanting to touch Ken’s hands if he could finally see him but of course, it took him another 15 years to finally be able to.

And, it was worth it.

Ken’s hand felt so warm that it warms his cold hands. His mortal body has cold hands. And he easily gets cold specially in winter, it got super cold during that season.

Speaking of their entwined fate, he felt bad at the same time good because finally, he has Ken who has angelically landed himself into his hands and bad, because Ken is too tired to care of their intertwined hands of he’s just super tired.

 

“I…” Ken melancholy spoke, still as tired and weak and confused and his heart has been beating erratically since the time the man with a cold hand touches his own ones and neither of them cared about how loud his heartbeat was or how the man’s cold hands melts down and fuses with his warm ones.

“…I l-live across.” He shyly stutters as he’s embarrassed about his clumsiness that made him mistakenly walked in a different condominium and entered a private elevator and now, this guy holding his hand is still holding his hand.

 

“Oh,” the man softly replied. He sounded slightly surprised or is it really a surprise? Because he sounded like one but his voice is so soft, it’s like an angel—and Ken didn’t know if he is really surprise by the fact that he just lives across or by the fact that he is dumb? He can’t decide which one deserves to be a subtitle for him at the moment.

But a total of a 360 degrees turnover made his head flash up to meet the man’s eyes—that is beautiful by the way and—familiar to weirdly point it out—back to meeting the man’s gorgeous eyes, he stares at those wonderful orbs astonished by the words he had spoken afterward.

“I’ve waited for 15 years to meet you and you’re just living across mine. What a coincidence is that? N-sama would probably laughing down on me for looking too far when you’re just near all this time.”

The man flashes a smile, a smile that could melt a heart. It’s also an added point that it also took his tiredness away too. If he may so obviously add.

“W-wait? W-what do you mean you’ve waited for 15 years for this moment?” Ken asks, confusion eating up his brain.

“D-did you happen to know the mistakes that I did today? Did you stalk me? Did you surveillance me in that dark place of yours up there? Did you? Did you—”

Ken asks too many questions at a time, he seemed to be hyperventilating but it soon stops when the man just suddenly snakes his long arms over his body, enclosing him over to the man’s broad chest.

He gasped and tried to struggle—really tried—but it may be his weakness that made the man’s chest to turn into some sort of a hard steel he couldn’t break.

“Did you know how hard I tried to live a new life not thinking about you but you—your smile always sneaks its way back to my senses and these wants kept me on trying hard in adjusting in this mortal world while looking for you only to find your way back to me again.”

A body shake coming from the man’s chuckle made Ken to push himself a bit away to meet his face with a frown.

“W-what are you saying mister? First, we haven’t met—and I didn’t know anyone as handsome as you who is living in this small town of ours—” he mumble that almost count a whisper if you’re a few feet away from someone but since their bodies were interlocked with each other, the man had caught it and he chuckles that made Ken frown even more.

“We have met before, Ken.” The man stated, a matter-of-factly, looking down at Ken with an amused smile as the latter’s forehead creates another line of frown at him.

“We haven’t—”

“—when you were still a kid.”

Leo cuts him off. Not to be rude but he just couldn’t wait to tell Ken every single detail—if the latter will be interested because looking at him at the moment—it’s a no.

“Kid? No.” Ken said and finally pushed himself away from him. He felt a worm hole just created itself between them and he didn’t like it. Not one bit.

“I don’t think I’ve known you before.”

“Maybe… you’ve forgotten about me then.”

Leo spoke, pain is clearly visible in his voice.

Right then, Ken gasp seeing the pout and that voice that made him automatically hold his hand. He almost takes his hand back if not for the man that intertwine theirs together. He gasps again.

“You might not remember me since you were just a kid back then but, all I had with you at that time felt so fresh like it happened just yesterday.”

The man then took of their entwined hands onto his firm chest and even held his hand tighter as he continuous on.

“And, I’m glad you still easily get lost and found your way to me because I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. I almost get tired of picturing you all grown up inside my head. I can’t wait to see you, hold you hand, caress your face, and kiss your lips—”

“W-wait, mister! Y-you’re going too far!” Ken blushingly demanded, he’s getting warmer by the minute.

The man beamed, not minding Ken’s words but his reaction—his blushing face. No matter how many times Leo dream of this moment, nothing beats this moment.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m not offending you Ken but it’s the truth.” Leo softly countered.

“Ha! You even know my name! How did you even know that?!

 

Leo sighed. He dreamed their second meeting to be romantic but truly, nothing beats reality. He almost forgot, Ken can be a little dense and hard to knock some sense with so he resorted to the last step—he skipped steps of making Ken to understand him to cornering Ken and finally keeping him all to himself—so he dragged Ken who tried to pry his hands away though his efforts went for naught because Ken is finally inside the four corners of his unit at the top floor. All to himself.

“W-what do you really want from me, mister?!” Ken asks, hysterical. Well, he must’ve been a little too rushed so Leo calms himself down and lets Ken sits to the foot of his king-sized bed but the latter acted like a spring and immediately stood up when he escorted him down.

Leo sighed down. And his patience on making Ken to fully understand him is thinning down. Rapidly.

 

“I-I hate to break this to you but I d-don’t have anything valuable to me and m-m-my body isn’t worth anything. At all!” Ken stutters as he panics. Though he looks around and find the place luxurious so he crosses out the mean of this weird man, though handsome, in front of him by robbing him so he concludes that it was after his body so he immediately covers his chest with his arms in defense. The man might sell his body organs in the black market for all he knew.

The man sighed once again and Ken dumbly stares at him.

 

“This is going to take awhile of convincing you and even tell you my past but Ken,” Leo pauses as he looks back at the stunned face of a kid he remembers that turned into a beautiful man in front of him.

“I believe that inside of you, I know you still remember me.” Leo spoke, hope visible in his glistening eyes.

“I’m sorry. I can’t. I really don’t know who you are.” Ken sighed, feeling sorry for no reason he just felt so.

“Apparently, some of my memories when I was a kid is vague.”

Leo exhaled and stood up from kneeling down the floor to sit across his bed, across Ken after pulling a chair near his bedside table.

“Maybe it’s N-sama’s doing.” Leo mumbled as he shakes his head. He truly thought that when he finds Ken, he will remember him but…

“Who’s N-sama? I’m sorry. But you’re weirding me out, mister.” Ken discloses and lifts Leo’s face to meet his weary ones.

“N-sama let me continue to live in this world after finding me abandoned in the forest hundreds of years ago.”

“e-eh? Are you sure you’re okay, mister? Because even though you seemed to be rich, I think you’re mentally ill.” Ken declared.

Leo chortled and softly smiled at Ken. “I’m fine, Ken. I’ve never been better now that you’re here with me.”

“Y-your words scares me, mister—”

“My name’s Leo, Ken.” Leo cuts off. “Call me by my name. Please.”

“L-Leo…” Ken blushed saying his name and so does Leo who smiles from ear to ear hearing that.

“Your voice is still as sweet as a fragile dandelion blown by the soft winds in summertime, Ken.” Leo revealed romantically.

“You’re really weirding me out, L-Leo but, what you just said is very sweet. Are you sure you’re not mistaking me for somebody else? You said that we met when we were kids so maybe you just mistaken me for somebody else. Don’t you think?” Ken asks.

Leo abruptly shakes his head.

“Everything about you is the Ken I’ve met when you were a kid.”

“You see, I would have not met you if you weren’t lost that time in the forest—”

“Forest?”

“Yes, Ken. You got lost at the forest when you were five.”

 

With that, Ken had finally found the missing piece in the puzzle. Maybe this is the glowing bright person in his memories that he couldn’t remember all these time.

“I-I… I couldn’t make out of the features but I know someone had saved me from getting lost in the forest when I was little. Most of my memories disappeared two months after my birthday. My mom told me that I talk in my sleep and says someone’s name over and over again that I couldn’t remember whenever I woke up the next day. I kept saying…” Ken then astoundingly stares at Leo before speaking his very name.

“…your name. Leo.”

The next moment, Leo finally told him everything from start to finish not leaving any forgotten memories aside from the last part which made Leo paused and unable to continue.

 

“Don’t worry. I remember about it. Though a little vague but can I tell you about it?” he asks and Leo simple nod his head in reply.

Ken then exhales his nervousness out and courageously tell Leo what he just remembered.

“I-it was night time,” he paused as he looks at Leo’s face and when he nods urging Ken to keep on, he nods back and continues.

“…there were fireworks and kids playing around…” Ken continues telling Leo with his eyes closed, forcing himself to remember what happened that night and flashes of the past finally flashing back, it brought tears to his eyes.

“… you were wearing a mask and you told me to keep it, then—” Ken stops as he bawls his tears out of his eyes, he opens them to look at Leo’s face and finally, touching his face for the first time and he crazily giggle feeling how cold Leo’s cheeks are.

“—you kissed me. Right here.” Ken then slowly move closer until his lips softly landed on Leo’s cheekbone. He smiled when he saw Leo’s teary eyes and blushed face.

“B-but you disappeared. Leaving me alone that night. Did you know how much I cried that time?! I almost got lost too if you don’t know!” Ken accuses right after and pouted making Leo chuckle and went to embrace the latter into a tight hug.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry I left you and I’m sorry that I didn’t know you cried a river.” Leo consoled Ken as he rubs his back.

“We hugged like this too.” Ken informed and giggled.

 

Leo nod his head. He then pulls Ken to meet him face to face and moves his hand to caress his cheeks.

“I love you.” He suddenly announces that made Ken taken aback at his words, the latter gasp but then later on put a smile on his wet face.

“I love you too. Did you hear me that night too?” Ken asks and Leo nodded in reply. He smiles.

“And now, all that’s left to do is…” Leo states as he inches closer, lips moving toward Ken’s luscious lips but the latter’s finger stops him from doing so.

“W-wait. I want to know how you were reborn into this world, Leo. What happened to you and how come you’re rich and--” Ken blushingly expresses with curiosity in his eyes and a blush on his cheeks but Leo hurriedly cuts him mid-sentence.

“It can wait, Ken. We have all the time in the world for that. Now,” Leo then stops to look at Ken’s lips as he removes the latter’s finger stopping him from doing what he wants to do after seeing Ken, touching him, and holding his hands: it is to kiss him. And so, he did. And it was everything he had ever dreamed, maybe exceedingly surpassing that dream because this is even better than a dream.

 

 

THE END.

 

a/n2: I might have sounded so corny but I was so down that I needed something to work on so I finally pushed myself to finish this at 2 am in the morning. Good morning~^^