WHISPER OF AN ANGEL

JUST KEO [LEO and KEN] - ONE-SHOTS

a/n: Obviously I am late for my halloween fic but it's okay. this story came to be not so creepy and horror like I pictured it would be but it became angst instead. again, it wasn't supposed to be this way but it ended unexpectedly (this way). I hope you don't mind me going emo for halloween, ne? ^^ And, I am truly sorry for not updating my series fics for i have been busy with school and I ended up having a cold shoulder in writing stories. It's not the same anymore as it was yesterday. I wasn't hyped about writing anymore. even if i look at my stories (especially the ones that i needed to update) i just can't do it. I don't have the heart to do it yet. So please, bear with my super slow writing powers. I might end up erasing all of my unfinished fics soon if I became furstrated by it so I hope you can forgive me.

This story is inspired by Trading Yesterday's Shattered and Voice sung by One Ok Rock's vocalist's Takahiro Morita featuring Pay Money to My Pain.


 

PG-13

Angst

 

 

 

 

 

He can hear it, something whispering to his ear, he could feel its breathing against his ear. Ken always shivers in fear whenever he felt cold all of a sudden; a different cold to the touch on his very sensitive skin. It started when he woke up one night panting from a very disturbing dream of a silhouette of a man calling his name over and over above him while he was under. The voice was not familiar, it's the first time he ever heard such voice. It was rather distinctive to all the voices of people around him. The voice was very angelic and soothingly comfortable to hear, as if an angel was whispering to his ear with gentleness. And, every time it happens, the shiver of fear turns into a different kind of shiver: a shiver that makes his heart stir and beats uncontrollably.

 

 

"Wake up… wake up, Jaehwan-ah."

 

Ken's eyes open up awakened by the voice who whispered once again in his ear. Just like an ordinary alarm clock that wakes him up every day, though this kind of alarm always gives his heart a loud thump as if to make him somewhat alive. He sat up and rubbed his eye with the back of his hand, adjusting his eyes to his surroundings. He let out a yawn afterwards and get out of his bed, walked towards the bathroom and get himself ready to go out.

As he faces the mirror, he can visibly see the dark lines under his eyes indicating the lack of sleep he had been experiencing these past few weeks. The nights seem to be longer and the days seem to be so short that every time he thinks he has already fallen into a deep slumber, someone--or particularly a voice always wakes him up alive.

With another yawn, he leaves his room without taking another look back and goes out and entered the awaiting car.

Once he settled on his seat next to the door of the back seat, his friend, N, who's sitting on the passenger seat, turned around to look at him with pity.

"Are you alright, Ken? You look… how should I say it? Um…" He wavered back his voice, closing his mouth.

"Say it, Hyung." Ken said tiredly and looked out the window as the car started moving out of their dorm.

"U-uh--"

"You look dreadful, Hyung." Hyuk finished without leaning over to witness his sleepless face on the very back seat of the car together with Ravi and Hongbin, s. He knew even without looking at his hyung.

"I-I'm fine, Hyuk." He said while looking at his reflection in the tinted glass window. But even if he could try harder, it's not enough to make him look colourful like he was before. Saying it wasn't enough to make him alive, it only makes him look paler and paler as each day passes by.

 

"Don't worry about me, guys. I'm fine." He said, assuring s that he was fine but they all knew better than him. They knew him better than he does. They knew something wasn't right.

And, they all knew what was wrong with him. They just haven't had the heart to tell him straight to his face because one thing's for sure, the truth will hurt him badly.

 

The conversation ended soon after that. The ride to the venue of their fan meeting was silent and just heavy breathings. It was almost suffocating.

 

When the van finally stopped in front of the venue, Ken was the one who walked out without waiting for anyone and aimlessly head straight wherever his feet are taking him. His feet took him out of the fire exit and the sun was so blinding he closes his eyes and the feelings started resurfacing back. The memories he have been avoiding to remember lifted up and his mind clarified, how and why he could hear the voice, the voice of an angel calling him.

 

As if it just happened only yesterday when he had lost his heart on that very night he first felt the warmth fading away from his hands.

 

He couldn't forget how everything just happened so fast. A crash for a crash; a life for a life; a sacrifice and a soul saved but felt like it also died at the same time.

When two things collided and made a screeching sound; the tires were torn, the bumper crushed somewhere near the sidewalk; the glasses breaks as the screams from somewhere near shattered it into tiny little pieces.

And, overnight the group VIXX was the talk of the whole world. A disaster; a tragedy; a heartbreaking news to take in every fan girls' hearts.

When he opens back his eyes, his hand was now covering his face from the sun and a tear fell out from the side of his eye.

 

"Now, I remember." He muttered in silence and purse a small smile on his lips.

 

As if everything started moving backwards; Ken could feel his memories returning back to the night his hands were holding that warmth it misses the most.

 

They quickly rushed over upon receiving the call that their company car met an accident on the road. Ken's heart was pounding hard from panic and nervousness. He, along with his four other members prayed in their minds and Ken had prayed to almost every god he could remember and, he prayed one single prayer. He prayed that nothing had happened to Leo.

But, his prayer failed him. It was already too late. As soon as he saw his manager with only have minimal amount of bruises and wounds and, the look on his face told them that they needed to hurry before it was too late.

The doctor soon went out of the room with a sad face and, before he could speak, Ken rushed inside with a hopeful face but it faded right away seeing Leo's state: every apparatus was there, beeping and trying to keep him alive. And, as he got closer, his heart dropped down the white tiled floor as his knees gives in, witnessing how bad Leo was in.

A wounded face, a fractured ribs, leg and neck, Ken could see the pain in Leo's eyes as it moves to meet his.

Without a second to waste, he quickly grabbed Leo's quivering hand and gave it a squeeze.

 With that small gesture, Leo's eyes smile like Ken had never seen before. His tears poured down even more at that kind of reply. Ken couldn't contain it anymore and wept like a child. The other members just stood by the door and cried with him and let him be for awhile and rejoined together as a whole afterwards.

Leo couldn’t speak for a breathing tube was hindering him from talking and so with only his eyes, he made sure his sight landed on every member's eyes before it went back to Kens' who was still full of tears.

With all his might, Leo squeezed his hand back as hard as he could before he started closing his eyes and finally entered an endless slumber.

And when Ken's memory resonated back to reality, he felt a sudden gush of wind near his ear and finally, came a whisper.

 

"Jaehwan-ah,"

 

Ken's eyes shed another tear and it was absorbed by his clothe. A tear fell after another and soon, he couldn't stop crying.

 

He remembered the voice now and how it felt like a whisper of an angel. Yeah, an angel.

 

 

Through all of this noise
Chasing a shadow
Why looking for answers, just leaves a question?
Behind the notes
And outside the lines
What you left behind
What I feel inside
I hear your voice...