I'M READY TO GET HURT

JUST KEO [LEO and KEN] - ONE-SHOTS

/ROMANCE/

 

 

 

No. I am definitely not a masochist. Believe me. I wouldn’t let that happen to me.

 

“Let go.” I said.

“Why look so serious, Leo Hyung?” Ken asked with a pout.

“It’s nothing which concerns you.” I replied coldly, not minding how the other felt on my words.

“I was just trying to hold your hand and make a heart-shape for our fans…” Ken mumbled which I clearly heard of course, because Ken just happened to be beside me at our fan-signing event.

“Selfish lion!” Ken looks at me and stated with a hurt expression on his eyes together with a pout on his lips and then, looks away afterwards, obviously going to ignore me, maybe for the rest of the day.

I sighed. Actually, I’ve been avoiding Ken as much as possible these past few days. But, unfortunately that didn’t happen most of the time since our group only consists of six members and I couldn’t hide myself from him without the other members knowing. In the end, I thought of acting cold towards him would make him stop getting close to me all the time.

But, that just makes it even worse. Ken went insane.

 

“Leo Hyung! Leo Hyung!” Ken came running towards me on the living room, lying on the sofa.

He then showed me a tray full with hand-made cookies on his hands. I sit up and look at the tray with a blank expression.

“N Hyung and Ravi helped me baked these cookies. Want to taste some?” Ken asked with his cheerful personality and a smile plastered on his lips. I bet he’s in a good mood.

Without answering him, I took a piece and started chewing Ken’s face cookie. After swallowing down the cookie, I went back lying on the sofa, still without uttering a word.

“How’s it?” Ken asked giddily. “Hey, how’s my cookie, Leo Hyung?” He then pokes me when I closed my eyes.

“It’s just a cookie, Ken.” I opened my eyes and replied. “Of course, it tastes just like a cookie. Why are you so persistent about it?” I asked, annoyed.

Ken didn’t say anything afterwards. I was waiting for him to say something back but that didn’t happen.

When I look at Ken’s face, I saw, well, I saw his hair and I couldn’t see his face since he was bowing so low and when my eyes went towards the tray, I saw his hands are trembling.

“Ken? Ken—“

I called and I was about to touch his trembling hands but I stopped when he dropped the tray on the floor and the cookies shattered just like a broken glass and scattered everywhere.

“That’s it.” Ken said in a low tone. “I don’t know what is wrong with me that you don’t like. If you don’t like being with me, then all of you have to do is to say it in front of my face, right? And not hurting me like this.” Ken sniffled and tears starts pouring down the floor indicating he’s already crying. “Why are you so bad, Hyung?” I hate you!” He added before storming out and locked himself in the bathroom afterwards.

His last words to me echoed inside my head over and over. Guilt filled my conscience. I slapped my face mentally for doing that to Ken who doesn’t deserve being treated like that.

I know I am cold, heartless and a poker-face human being but, someone like Ken shouldn’t deserve such kind of treatment. I was wrong. I didn’t think of this for a hundred times. I was a fool.

I sighed and palmed my face.

“What’s happening to you, Leo-ah? We noticed your cold treatment to Ken too.” N said and took a sit beside me, rubbing my back. “As the leader and Oldest Hyung in the group, shouldn’t I be entitled to know the cause of the problem so not only one should bear the pain but all of us should? Am I right?”

“I’m sorry, Hyung. I’m an idiot.” I said and look at my pitiful hands that didn’t take care of Ken properly.

“Well, you are.” N chuckled. “Now, tell me the reason why for the cold shoulder towards our baby Ken?”

“I miscalculated everything. I know I’m not very good in math*! Tsk.” I stated and palmed my face once more.

“Hey, you’re not telling me your problem!” N slapped my shoulder.

“Sorry, Hyung.” I apologized. “But, maybe it’s just only Ken and I who should know.” I stood up and fixed my shirt. “Anyways, thank you, Hyung.” I added and put a thumb up before going towards the bathroom door.

“Ken.” I called, knocking on the door.

“We already called but he wouldn’t answer.” Ravi informed.

“Ken, open the door or I’ll use the master key to open this. Pick one.” I said with a serious tone.

After a moment, the door unlocks. The other members watched in awe when I entered and locked the door afterwards.

“Hey, don’t take too much time, ne? We’re going to use the bathroom too. Okay?” N said, knocking the door once.

“Maybe I can use that strategy too.” Ravi then said before they dispersed away from the bathroom, giving us privacy.

 

 …inside…

Ken was sitting on the closed toilet bowl, hugging his legs.

“I’m sorry.” I said after clearing my throat.

“Sorry? That’s all you’ve got to say?” Ken then looks at me in disgust.

“Yeah.” I replied.

“You’re a Pabo!” Ken threw a roll of tissue towards me and then sobs.

I caught the roll of tissue on my hands and placed it on the sink. I then walk towards Ken and sat across him, I was sitting on the tiled floor, facing him.

“Hey,” I called.

“No!” Ken buried his face in between his chest and legs.

“Can you take that back? I don’t want you to hate me.” I said, poking his legs.

Ken then lifted his face and met my eyes with a piercing gaze.

“I don’t want to! Why would I do that?” Ken said angrily.

“It’s just that…before…I wasn’t ready to get hurt.” I started to explain without making any eye contact. “I thought protecting my own heart is the best option to take. I didn’t think of the other person’s heart. It slipped in my mind that love is not going to work with only one heart beating. And just like in dancing, it takes two to tango.” I then let out an awkward laugh.

“But the worst part of my decision was when I decided to hurt my heart in the process too. Can you believe that? I didn’t saw that one coming along the way. Treating you coldly was also making my heart cold and freezing in death inside.” I said in a serious tone.

“I’m sorry for doing that to you.” I stated without looking at Ken’s face and rather, staring at his grey j-pants and poking his clothed skin.

“And now?” Ken asked.

I lift up my face to meet his with a questioning look.

“Huh?”

“And now, what are you going to do now?” Ken asked, glaring at me.

“Now?” I asked myself.

 Ken nodded.

“Hmm…Now,” I then stood up. “I’ve already said my piece so I’m going out.” I said coldly, acting on being cold-hearted person once again.

I then was about to walk away but, Ken tugged my shirt.

“Wait.” Ken said, stopping me from my trance. “You’re going back to being cold once again.”

“But, that’s who I should be and that will be the definition of me from now on, Ken. So, you should start getting use to it by now.” I said and then turn to leave with Ken still tugging my shirt, following me.

I was about to open the door when Ken’s hand pushed it back, closing it again.

I turned my head on the side where I can see his hair because he’s bowing his head behind me.

“What are you doing?” I asked, getting annoyed.

“You can’t go yet.” Ken stated.

“Why?” I asked.

“My heart is still in pain.” Ken replied. He then gripped my shirt tightly and he crumpled his other hand on the door in fist.

“Well, you should be ready now because I already am, Ken.” I said, heaving a sigh.

“Ready? Ready for what?” He asked, lifting up his face with a confused expression.

“I’m ready to get hurt. So, you should be too.” I answered coldly.

After that, Ken then slowly let my shirt go and his hand on the door as well.

I turn around and finally let my arms hug him in a tight embrace.

“Are you ready?” I asked after letting him go.

He nodded.

I faint a smile and ruined his hair before going out of the bathroom at last.

“I hate you.”

Those words didn’t pass without getting heard by my sharp ears.

I filled my lungs with air and then let it out, heaving a deep and heavy sigh afterwards.

I already said I wouldn’t be a masochist but summarizing it all now, I’m eating my words back.

There are a hundred and one reasons why I shouldn’t suppress my feelings and a hundred and two to forget everything I said back in the bathroom and be Ken’s sworn archenemy…

 

…forever.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TOOOOOOOOOOOT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 

>>VIXX TV (Celebrating 100 days after debut)<< https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV8qLIpMDOM (watch it!)

 

But Ken wouldn’t be Ken if he listened to my words back in the bathroom. Because Ken wouldn’t listen if he didn’t want to…that’s what I guess.

 

THE END>>>

 


A/N: the video tells their relationship after the incident...so to not make it angsty since i'm not very good at it. well.... [ADDED: you can check out their official channel on youtube to check out on the video I was talking about)