THE SCIENTIST

JUST KEO [LEO and KEN] - ONE-SHOTS

"THE SCIENTIST"

 

KEO

ROMANCE, ANGST, SUPERNATURAL

PG-13

Inspired by: FRANKENWEENIE and THEIR FIRST WIN IN MUBANK!

The story title is from Coldplay's song.

A/N1: I wrote this 3 hours ago since I'm not done writing STORMY.

working on it now...

Disclaimer: I didn't drew the BG and the main image. It came from MomentCam. I only did the editing part. just so everyone knows.

 

 

 

 

 

"Look down on me, you will see a fool.

Look up at me, you will see your Lord.

Look straight at me, you will see yourself."

 

- Charles Manson

 

 


 

 

 

 

A miracle, that's what Leo needs right now. A miracle he’s desperately seeking. A miracle is what he wanted to find the most right now...

 

If god hears his pleas.

If god can understand his desperation.

If god can answer his prayers.

 

 

He waited and waited until he can't take it anymore.

 

Leo began his 'plan b' which is to make the miracle happen. Because if god can't hear him and his prayers couldn't reach Him, then, if he has to be god to make his own miracle then so be it.

 

He studied and studied and study some more. The days become shorter and shorter as it passed by so quickly. He forgot to take care of himself as he buried his attention all for making that miracle to happen.

 

Weeks passed and without Leo noticing the calendar and the clock, two months gone passed so quick and short.

 

It was the only time he spared a glance at himself in front of the mirror and looked at his two months of hard work.

 

He looked haggard and sleep-deprived but nonetheless, he stretched a smile.

 

A smile is his answer because he finally found the miracle he has been looking for.

 

It was quick, he knew that. But Leo truly wish it'll work because if isn't, he wouldn't like to wait for god's answer anymore but ask Him in person.

 

 

Leo began extracting his 'miracle plan'. He made sure that the night sky is cloudy and the thunderstorm will be coming any minute now.

 

He readied his materials he will need: electric cables, batteries, clippers and some other stuff he will need to operate his plan.

 

Then, he pulled the stainless bed above his opened roof and covered the figure in a white sheet of fabric before he goes to the toolbox on top of another table and took two pieces of large screws and went back to the bed and attached it to both sides of the soft cold skin under the fabric.

 

Leo then pulled the clippers and hooked each in the metal screws and clipped another set in two big toenails at the foot of the bed before he looked up above and watched the dark clouds roared in terror in the sky.

 

He then readied himself and takes one last look at his work before he finally clicks the switch button on.

 

The light started to flicker as the electricity rushes toward the batteries, going to the cables attached to an antenna on the roof and as the lightning strikes right exactly where he wanted it to, a slashed of light burned the white fabric on the stainless table and everything went dark afterwards.

 

Leo flied to the wall as the darkness filled in.

 

As the rain finally poured down and trickled down his roof's flooring, Leo takes off the shades he wore as not to blind his eyes and immediately run even though his body ached due to the impact when he was sent to the wall and closes the roof and eyed the burnt fabric afterwards.

 

When Leo didn’t see any movement under it, his feet shakes and fell onto the floor. Tears poured down his sleepy eyes and his hands that didn't stop taking down notes and typing words can't seem to believe it. His mouth is at loss for words; he just palmed his face and cried his heart out in front of the stainless bed.

 

"I'm sorry, Jaehwan. I'm so sorry. After all I've promised you, I failed to protect you and I failed saving you. I'm so sorry..."

 

Leo wailed and cried like he never did before. He poured out everything he has left. The strength, the love and the hope he had put into everything all shattered in just a minute of a mistake plan.

 

And now, it only gave him one last option to do: ask god in person.

 

Leo stood up and walked in a daze toward the table and shuffled the notes and books and everything that was scattered on top to find the last string of the straw: killing himself.

 

When he found out the gun under the big velvet book, he walked back again and kneeled down in front of the stainless bed. He readied his last resort and closes his eyes while his other hand grabbed Jaehwan's cold hand under the burnt fabric and warmly gripped it tight.

 

Jaehwan, his lover died and it was all, his fault it happened. If he wasn't too cold or if he wasn't too selfish, that incident wouldn't happen.

 

They were in the road and it was pouring snow outside and the road was slippery. They were having an argument. An argument so small and so idiotic that made both of them lose their sanity, they kept fighting and fighting.

 

The incident made him lose his one and only treasure he wished to keep for eternity.

 

He was so busy acting cold and cruel. He yelled and exclaimed that he was the right one but Jaehwan stated differently. Jaehwan accused him of not checking the water and that they shouldn’t travel in a heavy snowfall.

 

Leo didn't know. He forgot to check alright. But, Jaehwan shouldn't blame him like that.

 

The small argument turned into a big one and they both didn't notice a horning truck coming straight at them.

 

It was already too late to make the shift to the other lane. Before they could kiss and make up, their car and the truck both clashed together and the impact brought them rolling on the icy road and if not for the tree that stopped them from going straight to a cliff, maybe they're both resting in peace right now.

 

But Leo wished he was too because he blamed himself for losing his lover. And no matter how much he re-do the procedure or pray a gazillion times to every god he knows, Jaehwan will never get back to him. Ever—

 

Leo almost pulled the trigger when he felt a twitch as he held Jaehwan's hand tight.

 

His wet face lifted up and witness a movement made under the fabric.

 

Leo then without a care put the gun down the floor and stood up, not leaving his eyes off of the fabric.

 

Then it moved again and Jaehwan's hand grabbed his hand that made his eyes wide and mouth agape in surprise.

 

With shaky hand, Leo unravels the cover and witness Jaehwan's eyes opened up and blink in the light after the electricity worked once again.

 

Leo watched Jaehwan's head tilt toward him. He couldn't help but fall another set of tears as Jaehwan's cold hand gripped his warm one tight.

 

With a hoarse voice, Jaehwan speak his name.

 

Oh, he terribly missed his name being spoken by his lover. Jaehwan’s voice, even though hoarse, sounds beautiful in his ears.

 

"L-Leo..."

 

My hand on the fabric went immediately to his cheek.

 

"I'm glad it worked, Jaehwan-ah. I'm glad it worked."

 

Leo helped Jaehwan sit up and put on the spare clothes he kept on a cabinet there and helped Jaehwan dressed up.

 

Jaehwan then felt a metal piece connected on a piece of cable wires buried on his neck. His lover looked at him in confusion and Leo takes off the clippers attached to his neck and feet and then cupped Jaehwan's cheeks afterward.

 

"W-what happened Leo? W-where are we?"

 

Leo gently kissed Jaehwan's pale and cold lips and then kissed their foreheads together.

 

"Don't leave me again, Jaehwan-ah. I'm going to be good to you. I will never try to hurt you. I promise. You and I will be together... forever."

 

Leo planted another soft kiss on Jaehwan's lips and he silently thanked the heavens for giving Jaehwan back to him.

 

He promised he won’t do anything stupid anymore. He won’t argue with Jaehwan and will do everything just to make up with him.

 

Leo won’t explain to Jaehwan what he did to bring him back from the dead yet. He will tell to him soon but not now.

 

Not at this very moment because he intended to waste every damn second to hug and kiss and whisper to Jaehwan how much he misses and loves him.

 

 

 

The End.

 

A/N2: Am I getting creepy again?

Do you want to know what inpired me the most before writing this story?

I was on youtube and after watching Hyorin won on MuCore, I clicked another video and it was about  a proposal.

My sister asked me if I wanted to get married.

I have to find a man first. lol^^

Then suddenly, Coldplay's song was played and the inspiration hit me.

So, here it is.

I hope you enjoy reading~

 

singing radio head's creep...

"I'm a creep~ I'm a weirdo~~~~"