TO WANDER

JUST KEO [LEO and KEN] - ONE-SHOTS

This is a sequel of On My Deathbed. This is what happens after he dies. And, I made Ken the person who died in here so... I hope it doesn't confuse you since I didn't mention the name of the narrator in the first story. And, I'll try to make a backstory of this (finger's crossed) just like Taemintatee said in her comment. I hope you guys will look forward to it.

Also, try to read the first story first so that you understand a little about this (though I was really uncertain about it. I just pointed out and tell you guys how he ended up dying. sorry.)

enjoy~

 

 

KEO

Angst

PG-15

ONE-SHOT (1468 words)

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly a deafening thin sound of what people called an angel communication woke me up and I finally open my eyes.

 

The first thing I saw was a blinding light that made me instantly close them back. When I open them back again, the light was still on but not blinding anymore because of the mist that was now covering everything.

 

There is nothing everywhere aside from the fog that’s fogging my sight to see more of where I am.

 

There are no trees, no birds chirping; there are no rough roads nor plants and flowers. There are no buildings and houses and neither honking cars and traffic.

 

I can’t even see the land I was standing on. It was all covered with thick white fog.

 

I looked around once more and found a blazing fire suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I ran towards it and my eyes went large seeing a ball of fire floating in mid-air.

 

Then, it spoke.

 

 

 

You were heading nowhere for now. But you will wander into the living, seeking what you have lost. But still, everything you do won’t matter anymore. You will never go back neither can you escape your fate. Everything is but your destiny. He’s only giving you a little time that you’ve asked of Him.

Go straight the lit path. It will take you to where you’re heading. When your mission is finished, you will then disappear and never to wander again.

 

 

 

 

It said before it disappeared and a pathway appeared like what the ball of fire had stated.

 

Without understanding much of what it said, I followed the pathway since it was the only place I can be anywhere but the foggy place.

 

The pathway was too long and narrow as it gets farther. I can’t seem to pant but I can still feel a little bit of tiredness in my body.

 

Then finally, I saw the end of the road. I immediately run to it like I was in a marathon and the need to feel the long white ribbon touching my clothe neon shirt was racing like my heart.

 

I closed my eyes and feel it when I heard a honk that made my eyes snapped open.

 

I was shocked to see the scenery changed. There are now few trees, tall buildings and small shops. I was now standing on a sidewalk and I can see the honking cars and their headlights shining through the night.

 

I was amazed yet I’m scared. What was I doing here? What should I do?

 

What was the ball of fire said again?

 

You will wander into the living, seeking what you have lost.

But still, everything you do won’t matter anymore.

You will never go back neither can you escape your fate.

Everything is but your destiny.

He’s only giving you a little time that you’ve asked of Him.

 

 

My eyes went blank then I started walking off the street like a dead man. I tried to recall what had happened to me before but I can’t seem to remember anything at all.

 

I stopped as I heard someone speaking. When I tilt my head to the right, I saw an anchorman talking about the weather report tonight inside the store’s TV monitor that can be seen through a glass window.

 

I walked closer to it and saw my reflection that made me wonder.

 

Looking at my face, I feel spooked out. I was pale, a little bit glowing and, I’m wearing white clothing all over my body.

 

I didn’t remember every detail on my face. I seemed to forget my features which were very confusing to me.

 

I don’t know if I am really ‘me’ now. But also, I don’t know either if I am what I am now.

 

My hand then reached to touch my reflection on the glass window but it only pass through making me lose my balance and half of my body went through inside.

 

I gasped and quickly stood up straight, passing through the window once again. I covered my gaped mouth with my hands and stare at the glass window in shock.

 

‘What was happening to me? What am I?’

 

Then an old woman walked pass through making me feel restless and cold. I watched her as she goes away like she didn’t even felt me but I did.

 

I felt her energy as she passes through and how empty I felt when it happened.

 

‘Am I a ghost? What if I am? What should I do?’

 

Is this what the ball of fire was talking? That, everything I do now won’t matter anymore because I don’t exist in this world no more.

 

I am not part of the living anymore.

 

 

Tears flooded my eyes and I took a sit on the gutter and sobbed hard.

 

When I’m done taking in everything I am right now, my eyes caught a shiny thing lit up when a passing car passed by.

 

I reached to grab it in the dirt and what I have found was a piece of ring, shining like the stars in the sky.

 

It was beautiful. I held the ring between my fingertips and my eyes went large when I realized something.

 

I can touch the ring with my very own fingers!

 

I stared at the ring as I asked why. I kept my eyes looking at it.

 

Then, another realization hit me.

 

I remembered the ring rolling out in my hand and it went to the gutter. I remembered losing it. I remembered I forgot to give it to someone…

 

I snapped out and instantly stood up straight. With a hint given by that ball of fire, I started running and running.

 

I don’t exactly know where I was going or if I’m ever going to find what I was looking for but I still kept running.

 

With the ring inside my hand as my strength and hope that I can finally see that someone and I can give it to him personally, I still keep on running.

 

 

Then, I made a stop.

 

 

I was panting hard but I wasn’t sweating up. My chest heaved up and down and I grasped the ring tight while my eyes watched the person on the other end of the pedestrian lane waiting for the red light to turn green.

 

His head were looking down the asphalt floor while his hands were neatly tucked inside his coat. He was wearing a yellow and blue checkered scarf which made my lips instantly purse a smile.

 

I knew right then and there that I finally found what I was looking for.

 

When the people around me and in front of me started walking, I began to move my feet as well.

 

I walked while my eyes not leaving him as he started walking as well with his head lowered.

 

I stopped when he was getting closer to me. I smiled when he stopped just a few feet away from me and lifted his head a little bit, making me see his face.

 

Then, I knew I longed to see his face. I missed staring at his face. I missed everything about him. I had missed all of him.

 

He then started walking and he walked pass through me like that old woman did.

 

I felt a shiver running down my spine as I looked back. With tears in my eyes, I bid him goodbye silently.

 

Then, there came a honk and a blinding light. I turned to meet it and the light swallowed me and was finally gone in thin air.

 

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

The man wearing a yellow and blue checkered scarf waited for the red light to turn green. He looked down the asphalt floor, thinking.

 

When he felt the others started walking, he began to move his feet and walk. When he reached the middle of the pedestrian lane, he stopped. He slightly lifts up his face, thinking twice.

 

What if he killed himself too? What if he died so that he could meet him and they will be together and this time they will be together forever?

 

For that little time, he tried to think about killing himself but realizing that it wouldn’t suffice his lover’s demise he started walking once again.

 

When he finally reached home, he shuffled his fingers in his pockets looking for the key but when he pulled out his hand out he found something else.

 

Right in his hand was a gold ring and engraved on the inside was his name. His tears started to fall in his eyes and he leaned his forehead to the closed door while his eyes blurred the image of the ring in his hand.

 

“Let’s meet soon, okay?” He whispered as he kissed the ring in his palm then enclosed it in his hand. He then  opens his door and entered his house.

 

 

 

~END~

a/n: Hey-yah guys~! Let's meet soon too, ne? See you on the next KEO story~! ♥