Chapter 7

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

 

We finished breakfast quietly after this kind of strange conversation. He really did seem like an interesting guy but I still couldn’t forgive him for taking me away. Kris had told me to wait here he just had to get his coat and then we would go shopping clothes for me. I was actually quite excited. I’m not really the type of girl who likes to go shopping every day. I just enjoyed shopping once in a while and only if I needed something. In this situation you could say that I needed everything sine I had no idea what so ever about where my clothes from my apartment were. I made up my mind on asking him as soon as he would appear again.

 

Some minutes passed and he finally came through the door with his coat and an angry looking face. My resolution on asking him what had happened to my stuff flew out of the window with this. I also didn’t dare to ask what had happened since his face told me that I would only get a snarky remark and I really had no need for it. So I only stood up and made my way beside him. Together we walked outside and entered the car that waited already outside. The drive was as silent as the breakfast we had and I could feel his bad mood. I wasn’t stupid enough to talk with him when he was in a mood like this who knew what he could have done to me. It wasn’t really helpful that I had to sit beside him. The car was luxurious but not spacious at all. I guessed it was only logical as he would normally drive the car alone so there was no need for much space. From time to time I would steal glances at him but he only looked out of the window.

 

Finally we reached the clothes store and I just awed. It wasn’t a normal store where I would have bought my clothes no it looked quite expensive and I could guess there were only expensive brands in there. We stepped out of the car and walked to the entrance of the store. We were greeted by two muscular guys who stood on each sides of the entrance. They bowed and we did as well. It was such an awkward feeling for me. Walking with such a well-known man who didn’t seem bothered at all that we could be seen together. I wondered what people think if they saw us together. Was I just some accessory he liked to show around? Did he consider me as more? My mind was loaded with all kind of questions and it caused my head to ache. Even if I was more to him it didn’t mean that I would see him more than just a kidnapper. I sighed as a trailed behind him not bothering to look around the shop. I fell back in a bad mood and all the happy thoughts of going shopping vanished. “Pick out what you like.” I heard a voice beside me which startled me since I didn’t know he was right beside me. I thought he was still ahead of me. “Ah okay.” Was my short and unmotivated reply. I made my way to the racks and looked through the clothes. I was still caught in my thoughts so I wasn’t really looking at the clothes I merely browsed through them. When I finished one rack I just walked to the next one and did the same.

 

10 minutes passed and I had not picked a single piece of clothes. I only realized what I did when I had reached the last rack and I didn’t have anything to cover up my state of thinking. “What are you doing?” I heard an angry voice behind me. “You looked through every rack the last minutes and didn’t pick a single piece of clothes. Don’t you like them? Should we search somewhere else?” “Sorry…” I bowed my head in shame. I didn’t mean to make him angry I was just in my own world. “Whatever, do you want to pick clothes from here or should we go to another shop?” I thought about the options and since he was already angry I didn’t want to bother him more than I already did. This could have consequences for me. “Ah I just pick clothes from here.” I quickly walked pack to the first rack and pulled out a pair of jeans and a blouse. I dared to look at the price tag and I wished that I didn’t. My only thoughts were: Why would someone spend so much money for clothes? The answer followed quickly as the clothes were pulled away from me. Surprised I looked up only to meet the gaze of Kris. He turned around and called the lady who worked at the shop. “Please, get me all the things you have in this store with the sizes of these.” I widened my eyes as he passed her the jeans and the blouse that I had picked just seconds before. “Of course, Mister Wu” The lady eyed me with a disgusted look and I just blushed. He couldn’t be serious right? “I don’t need that many clothes you know.” I said trying to stop him. “You think you don’t need that them but I do.”  I felt out of place in this store and only now I noticed that I received many angry gazes from woman in there. ‘What is wrong with them?’ I wondered. I felt uncomfortable being stared at. I hated being the spotlight and it didn’t matter if it was for something good or now for something bad. “Can I go back to the car?” I said in a small voice. Normally this couldn’t have brought me down but he really took all confidence from me. I was just a small piece from what I was two days ago and I wondered if things could really go downhill so quickly.

 

It was a frightening feeling. In my life everything felt stable for once but just like that he had to come and take everything away from me. It made me feel so helpless and lost. ‘How should I help him? I’m also just a lost soul drifting from one place to another in hope of feeling somehow alive.’ Were my thoughts back then. “No we have to wait for your clothes so you can make sure you like them.” He said a bit impatient. I just nodded my head. I could feel it. The way my inner self changed, it changed to something I didn’t like. A lost soul. A lost soul couldn’t help anyone even if he tried to treat me nice. I was lost once and could come back but if I would be able to come back a second time. I didn’t know. 

 

 

 


I guess you want to know about her past?

It will be revealed soon so don't worry ^^

Anyway, I hope you like this update <3