Chapter 1

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

 

I remember quite clearly the day my life changed. I didn’t know it would change, for me it was a normal day. I woke up at 6 am, went to the bathroom, took a shower, ate breakfast and made my way to work. I had a lot to do since we found a corpse on the shore of Han River just the day before. It seemed like he was another victim of a loan shark. He probably couldn’t pay back the debt he owned to the loan shark.  Cases like that were the worst. You had to stir up the whole underground of Seoul just to find out that the person who had killed our victim was dead as well, it was a vicious cycle. You think the victim can at least have its justness by finding its murderer but in cases like that you search for justness in vain. I hated cases like that.

 

Anyway, it was a long day. We visited the family of the victim which to me was always the worst part of my job, telling the family, the loved ones, that the person who you cherished so dearly was now dead. I knew that feeling all too well. My parents which I loved so dearly were taken from me at the age of 10, a memory which is imprinted in my mind like an engraving in a ring. I guess it was the worst day of my life until the day of 18 September 2012.  That is the day I vanished from my previous life as a detective at the Seoul Police Station. Like I said it was a normal Tuesday but it ended in an adventure which turned out to be my new life.

 

It was already 10 pm and we didn’t have any clue on the murderer, every evidence we had lead us to nothing. I remember how frustrated I was, so I was happy to be able to leave the Station finally. I needed some distance to the case to think clearly on the next day. Eventually, after a 20-minutes bus ride I reached the apartment complex I lived in. I admit the apartment wasn’t the biggest but for me it was enough since I lived alone. There was no boyfriend what so ever as I had no time for relationships. You had been able to count my friends on one hand, if you could call them friends as they were my co-workers. I wasn’t really good in keeping friends I guess it was a way to protect myself. If I would get too attached to people it would hurt even more if they would have left me. So I only kept superficial relationships and it stayed like that. It wasn’t like I tried to be an unapproachable person or have the cold image, I always was kind to people and tried to help them out but if they wanted to come closer I pushed them away. It’s not something I’m proud of but the past can’t be changed no matter how hard we try.

 

However, this was the last time I would come to my apartment. It was the last time I unlocked the front door, the last time I walked in my bathroom, the last time I laid down on my bed. The last time because when I woke up in the middle of the night, panting from having a nightmare of my past, I couldn’t recognize anything. I was in a big fancy room. I lay in a king-size bed covered in blankets which felt like fluffy clouds. It was dark in the room only the faint light of the still growing moon lightened the room. Looking straight ahead my widened eyes met the eyes of a handsome man who was seated in a massive looking seat. He held a cat in his hands which had the color of the night and eyes as the moon. I shuddered at the picture in front of me. It resembled scenes of some cheap horror movies but unfortunately for me it was reality. He smirked and said with a husky voice: “Welcome to your new home.” I was dumfounded. My brain didn’t catch up with the things happening around me. Without saying anything I pinched my arm in hope of waking up from this too realistic dream, only to find the hope shattered as I was still in a room with a stranger. I looked up to him again only to find him still smirking. Only now I could feel panic rise inside of me.

 

There was a total stranger right in front of me, in a room I didn’t recognize even though I could remember exactly that I fell asleep in my own bed in my own apartment. Taking all my courage I tried to speak up. “You… Who are you and where am I?” I said with a shaking voice. A chuckle echoed through the room which again sent shivers down my spine. “How cute that you don’t know me.” his smirk never leaving his face while speaking and he never stops patting the cat in his lap. I was just lost in this situation. Slowly I stood up from the bed, my eyes never leaving the figure in front of me, always cautious of the moves he made. “You don’t want trying to flee now, do you?” his voice full of amusement asking. “What if I want?” I dared to ask happy that this time my voice didn’t falter.

 

“It would be useless, my dear. You are in my mansion at the outskirts of Seoul. This is the house of the head of Wu Enterprise. Let me introduce myself: Kris Wu the head of Wu Enterprise.” I couldn’t believe it; I was in the house of the most powerful man in Asia. I knew very well if you catch him on the wrong foot it could be the end of you. I even dared to say that some corpses we fished out of Han River were on his behalf. “I don’t understand.” I finally said with a shaking head. “If you are really the head of Wu Enterprise then why should I be here?” He looked at me again with this smirking face which I already found quite annoying. “Well, let’s see… Why are you here?” he stopped patting the cat and placed his index finger on his lips. He started taping on his lips and seemed to be lost in thought. It was the first time that his face didn’t show a smirk and I was quite thankful that he had other expression beside that annoying smirk of his. But I guess I was happy too soon as his smirk returned. “I was just joking. I know exactly why you are here.” I tilt my head in confusion. What was he trying to say? He started patting the cat again which started to purr as it received some more attention. “And… why am I here?” I asked finally as silence filled the room. “You are here to be mine.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

I'm like so happy right now ~

I already have 7 subbies and one upvote just for the foreword *squeels*

Thank you so much for your support! <3

I really love you *wipes tears away*