Chapter 20

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

 

“Okay… Now that you have done that you can leave again. I’m a bit busy here.” The words caused my heart to hurt. Why would he be mean like that again? “Why are you like that?” “What do you mean? I’m always like that.” “No you treated me nice a week ago but now you’re back to the jerk I hate so much.” He looked at me again with an unreadable expression on his face. “Then hate me as much as you want.” He replied and I became angry. “If you are like that, then let me go!” I shouted angrily at him. I wasn’t too sure anymore if leaving would make me happy but I couldn’t stand him with this kind of personality. “There is no use for me right?” He suddenly stood up and walked towards me. He grabbed my arm and held it tightly. It hurt but I wouldn’t show it to him. “You can hate me as much as you want but I won’t let you leave. I can force you to stay here. Even if you can’t heal me you are bringing joy back into this house.” He said low but in a threating voice which caused me to shiver. “I’m sorry.” I looked in his eyes and hopped that he could see my honesty. He let go of my arm and looked at me confused. “I just told you all those bad things so why would you apologize to me?” I placed my hand above the spot he had held onto me seconds ago. I rubbed the spot to soothe the pain I felt. “You have you’re reasons for being the way you are… I understand this much but I can’t catch you when you fall. But this time I take all my courage and catch you since I was the one who caused you to fall in the first place.”

 

He looked more confused than before. “What are you trying to say?” “I’m sorry for reminding you of a past that you wish to forget. I’m sorry to cause you pain when I should help you. I know perfectly well how it feels to want to forget but not being able to do so.” I said with a small comforting smile. Just with the words he said to me my courage came back to me. He was able to give me strength and it didn’t matter if it were good or bad words. “Do you mean you understand because of your parents?” He said now a bit angered. “Do you think you understand how it feels to see someone dying right in front of your eyes and being at fault for that?” I was confused and at the same time angered by his words. “I know that your parents are dead since there was a lot of blood in your house back then. The files also said that you were unconscious the whole time your parents were taken.” Lies. Everything was a lie. The detectives had assumed it had happened like that. They thought that I didn’t see how they died, that I was unconscious from the very moment they stepped into our house. I believed that they wanted it to be like that, even for them it was a horrifying thought that I had to see my parents die.

 

I had to take back my statement regarding his words giving me strength, now they just hurt me. “What do you know? Do you think because it’s stated in some police files that this is the truth? Do you think I can’t understand the pain you just described? I have enough of your mood swings just leave me alone.” I said while tears stung in my eyes. I didn’t want him to see me cry. I turned around and left the room. As soon as I opened the door I crashed into a body. I looked up to meet the worried expression of Luhan. I didn’t say a word and ran past him. I wanted to be alone. I ran and ran until I finally reached a door that would lead me outside. I didn’t care that I wasn’t dressed probably to be outside I just wanted to be alone.

 

I walked further into the darkness of the garden until I found it far enough to sit down on the grass. By then tears had stained my cheeks and I sniffed. I wiped my tears away with my pullover and starred into the darkness in front of me. Some minutes passed until I hurt a rustling sound coming from the bushes beside me. I looked at the bushes and just hoped that nothing creepy would come out.

To my surprise it was Kris’s cat which I had last seen on the day I had been kidnapped. The cat came towards me. It walked really elegantly and beautifully. It was a black cat with yellow eyes. The cat represented the night for me. I carefully spread my legs out since I had them pressed against my body and continued to stare at the nothingness in front of me.

 

Just seconds later I felt something soft brush against my hand. I looked down to meet the gaze of the cat. “You are really pretty.” I said while brushing through its fur. The cat rewarded me with a purr which caused me to smile. I saw that it had a collar around its neck so I took a look at it to find out the cat’s name. ‘LUNA’ was written on the collar. “Hmm so your name is Luna? That’s a cute name.” I patted her head some more. As soon as I stopped patting her she climbed on my lap and lay down comfortably. She gave me some warmth which I enjoyed quite a bit. She seemed to enjoy it as well as she didn’t stop to purr.

 

Suddenly I heard another rustling sound but this time I was sure that it wasn’t a small animal. I stood up while scooping Lia up in my hands. She started to hiss at the darkness in front of us. I slowly took steps back afraid to attract the attention of whatever was inside in these bushes. Then I saw it, a figure stepped out of the bushes. It seemed to be a man who was dressed all in black. He hadn’t noticed me until Luna started to hiss again. I locked gazes with the man in front of me. I quickly turned around and started to run back in the direction of the house. Where were all the security men if you needed them?

 

I picked up some speed as I heard the man behind me coming nearer and nearer. All of a sudden something grabbed my hair and I was pulled backwards. “What do you think you doing, girly? You wouldn’t want me to get discovered to you?” I spun around to catch him by surprise and kneed him right into the stomach. He gasped and let go of my hair. I put Luna on the ground and I saw her starting run into the direction of the house. I turned around to face the intruder only to receive a punch right into my face which caused me to fall on the ground. I was quick to get on my feet again. I didn’t want to lose to a mere burglar. I had the right timing as I saw that he wanted to land a second punch. I dodged it and landed a punch myself. He took some steps back but quickly recovered himself. I wanted to hit him another time when suddenly he landed on the floor.

 

I didn’t understand a think at first but then I saw Sehun right above the man. Sehun had punched him out. I definitely saw him in a different light starting from that point on.  Beside me appeared Luhan who grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. “This filthy man dared to lay a finger on you.” He said while tapping a handkerchief on the spot under my nose. Just then I realized that my nose had started to bleed from the punch I had received. “Sehun give him a good kick from me.” Were the next words that left Luhan’s mouth and I widened my eyes. “I’m fine Luhan. No need to be more brutal.” I smiled at him. “Oh a kick isn’t enough for that.” He looked angry and I didn’t dare to say anything against it.

 

When the security men had taken care of the man who appeared to be a ‘professional’ thief we all went back to the house. My nose had still a bit blood on it that’s why Luhan told me to wash it in the bathroom of my room but as soon as we entered the house we were greeted by a worried looking Kris. “What happened?” I didn’t want to face him just yet so I hid behind Luhan. “Well it seemed a person was able to break into the ‘house’, more like into the garden. Nara was outside when she saw him. He attacked her and she did a good job defending herself.” I heard a subtle tone of proudness in his tone which made me happy. “Are you okay?” I looked over Luhan's shoulder to see if the question was directed at me. I confirmed it when I saw Kris locking gazes with me. I simply nodded my head in hope he wouldn’t want to talk to me any further. But oh how wrong could I be?

 

 

 


 

I'm like whuuut? I have 103 subscribers? I really can't believe it 

Thank you so much <3

You can't imagine how happy I am to receive such a feedback for this story ^o^

I really love you all <3

Oh and don't be angry at Kris I guess he will get nicer soon? Don't know ~

I hope you enjoy the update ^-^