Chapter 4

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

I stayed the rest of the time that was left until dinner in my room. I just sat on the windowsill that led to the front yard and read a book Luhan had given me before. I still didn’t feel comfortable since Luhan would just stand somewhere and stare at me the whole time, it was creepy. Though at 5.40 pm he left the room to look after dinner which he had told me, would I eat with that jerk in the dining room.

 

About 10 minutes after Luhan left the room I could hear a car coming in my direction. I looked out of the window and saw a fancy car driving through the big gate which separated the mansion from the outside world. I assumed that that would be Master Jerk and I sighed.  I had tried to get used to the idea to see him again but to no avail. I still felt uncomfortable or better scared to meet him, the person who held my life in his hand and didn’t seem to take pity on anyone. I was brought back from my thoughts as the door opened again and for a second I hold my breath afraid that it would be him but to my relieve it was only Luhan who brought a clothes rack with him. Different kind of fancy dresses hung on it and I just awed. They all looked amazing and from the look of it pretty expensive. “Master Kris ordered me to bring you these in order for you to dress appropriately for dinner, Lady Nara.” I pouted.  Though I really liked all the dresses I didn’t like the idea of following one of Master Jerks orders. “Okay, thanks. I will get dressed then.” I smiled sweetly at him. He bowed at left the room again. “Yeah as I would follow your orders, Master Jerk.” I smirked and sat down on the bed to kill some time.

 

 About 5 minutes later I shouted for Luhan and he opened the door with a smile which faded as soon as he saw that I didn’t change my clothes, I still wore my comfortable pajamas. “Lady Nara, why didn’t you change your clothes?” “Because I didn’t want to.” I shrugged my shoulders and went ahead. “B-but Lady Nara, I can’t let you go like that. It was an order from Master Kris.” I waved it off and just walked further away though I didn’t know which direction I had to walk. “Just say that it was my decision to go like this. He can blame me for it.”

 

“If that’s your order, Lady Nara, I shall follow it.” He stepped in front of me and took the lead in guiding us to the dining room. Just a minute later I stepped into the dining room which of course was as luxurious as the whole mansion. I was greeted with a somewhat angry looking jerk aka Master Kris. “Luhan, didn’t I tell you to bring her the dresses?” “Yes you did and he brought them but I decided that I won’t wear any of this. He tried his best to convince be but I’m stubborn.” I shrugged my shoulders and made my way to the farthest seat from him. “My pardon, Master Kris. She told me that she would dress herself that’s why I left the room but when she shouted for me she was wore still the same clothes as before.” He bowed. I could hear the sigh of the jerk. “It’s fine, just bring the food.” “As you wish.”

 

I looked up from my seat and watched how Luhan disappeared through another door we had come from. “You really have your own mind.” I could hear him chuckle and I just shrugged. “I’m not your doll so there is no need to dress me.” “Ah that could be true though tomorrow you will have no choice but to dress nicely as we have to attend a charity event which is held by my company.” “Yeah right, as I would go with you.” “Oh my dear, I never said you had a choice.” “As you could force me to go with you.” “I have my ways you know… how about bringing you in connection with a murder?” I chocked on my salvia. “You can’t be serious? It’s not possible to do so.” I said sternly. I heard his footsteps echoing through the room and then felt his presence behind me. “You think so? But how would it be if your senior detective Cho suddenly would disappear and coincidently there would be a message on his phone from you saying stuff like: You can’t tell anyone about it. I warn you.” He whispered dangerously in my ear and I shivered. From that point on I knew he could ruin my life and no one would know he did so. I could hear him chuckle again and then he went to sit beside me. I was ready to stand up and walk to another place when he grabbed my hand. “You stay here.” He said with a fierce gaze and I couldn’t help but follow his order. I pouted. Acting rebellious wasn’t working at all. The only thing I had left was the no eating thing. So I just sat there and stared ahead not wanting to talk with him but to my dismay he didn’t leave me alone. “Did you enjoy taking a swim in the pool?” He asked in a soft voice which surprised me. He always used this arrogant tone. I just nodded in hope he would leave me alone but no I continued. “What did you do today?” Again he sounded calm and really interested. I dared to look at him which I shouldn’t have. This jerk really looked adorable if he didn’t wear a smirk, like a lost puppy. I stared in his eyes and he just did the same. Immediately, I looked away reminding myself that he was the enemy and no poor puppy. “Nothing, since I was locked in a room most of the day.” “Hmm… I see.” He mused and to my relieve Luhan stepped into the room with a tray. I couldn’t believe that I was actually happy to see him.

 

Like Luhan had always done before in my room, he placed the dishes on the table right in front of us. It seemed like steak with some salad which I would have gladly eaten if it weren’t for my little hunger-strike. “Thank you.” Were words I didn’t expect from Kris to hear again I was left surprised. Luhan just bowed and walked back to the tray to stand behind it. I did what I had done before most of the time I just stared into nothing as I could hear Kris taking knife and fork from the table. I could hear both scratching on the plate so I assumed he started eating. Some seconds passed like that and I nearly drifted up in my own world as I was interrupted by a voice. “Lady Nara, don’t you like the food? Should I bring you something different?” I looked at Luhan and shook my head. “No it’s fine I’m not hungry.” “That can’t be true. I heard from Luhan that you haven’t eaten the whole day.” “It is. If you may excuse me I would like to return to my room.” I stood up only to be grabbed by a hand again. “Sit down and eat. If you dare to leave one piece on the plate I will make my thread from before true.” I huffed. “Are you really willing to let me be jailed for not eating dinner?” “Do you want to test it?” He looked at me with a furious gaze and I immediately sat down. “Fine, but just that you know it, I hate you.” I stared at him with my most disgusted gaze I could bring up. “I know.” Was his only reply and he just continued eating. I as well started eating, inwardly happy that I finally could eat something. 

 

 


 

Kris is back ~ 

So what do you think? Is he a bad or good guy? ^_~