Chapter 16

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

 

I was sitting in my bed and eating soup that Sehun had brought me before when the door opened to reveal Luhan. We locked gazes for a while until I decided that eating my soup was more interesting than him. I wasn’t really the type who held grudges against someone but somehow I didn’t want to forgive Luhan that easily. I could hear him walking towards the bed but I ignored him. “Nara… I’m sorry for shouting at you like that.” I could hear that he was really sorry but the problem wasn’t the shouting but the words he casually threw at me. So I continued ignoring him. It stayed silent until I finished the soup and wanted to place it on the tray only to be stopped by Luhan. “You are sick you should stay in bed. Let me help you with this.” Without waiting for an answer he just grabbed the plate and placed it on the tray. I sighed and leaned back on the pillow. I stared trough the balcony door and watched the trees rustling in the wind. It had a relaxing feeling to it which would have caused me to fall asleep if it weren’t for the threating nightmares that awaited me. I sighed again and placed my hand in front of my eyes. “Do you need something?” I remained in my position and debated if I should answer him or not. “Juice would be nice.” I answered him in a low voice while I removed my hand from my eyes to look at him. A smile appeared on his lips as soon as these words had left my mouth. “Sure I will bring you one immediately.” He sprinted out of the room along with the tray and I had to chuckle. He looked cute being excited like that.

 

It seemed just seconds to me as he appeared again with a glass orange juice in his hand and a big smile on his face. He handed me the glass while saying: “We are friends again, right?” He gave me the look of a lost puppy. Friends? I didn’t know that we were friends already. Being friendly with each other yes but friends? I looked up at him and tilted my head in confusion “Friends?” His smile reappeared on his face. “Yeah let’s be friends again. I don’t want to argue with you.” He pouted and I got the urge to pinch his cheek but I resisted it. Instead I smiled at him. “Yes let’s be friends.” He squealed and I had to chuckle. “You are the best.” He suddenly hugged me which caused me to get startled. It was foreign at first but then I enjoyed the closeness. I mean I was hugged from my colleagues at the station at special occasion but it wasn’t as warm as this. And of course I still could remember the warm touches of my parents but unfortunately for me good memories couldn’t survive the bad ones.

 

 I felt the grip around me loosen up until the hands were removed from me completely. “I’m really sorry for the things I said to you in the morning. I just felt angry that you had to endure all of this and you don’t even complain about it.” He pouted again. His image was so different from the one I had days ago. He looked childish not so formal anymore and it made me feel at ease. “I’m not used to it.” I simply said. “What do you mean?” He tilted his head in confusion. “I mean telling someone how I feel about certain things. For me it’s not easy to say that I’m happy, sad, angry or worried. There was no need for me to show it to anyone so I haven’t learnt it. I mean I can show that I’m angry that you have seen already but how I put it in words I didn’t learn.” He nodded his head in understanding. “I know this feeling all too well. In school I didn’t really have friends I was always the outsider. My parents weren’t the good ones either. They shouted at each other the whole time and my father would start hitting my mother. My mother gave me the fault of this all. She always told me that before I was born, they have been happy but it changed as soon as I appeared. It was a horrible feeling.” I looked up at him with sad eyes and motioned to sit down on the edge of the bed. He obeyed immediately and I awkwardly grabbed his hand as a sign of comfort. “Then one day when I came back from school, I was 10 back then, everything was empty. No one was there and most of our belongings disappeared as well. On the floor was only one note left for me which said: ‘Hope to never see you again’” Cruel. That was the first word that came to my mind. How could people be so cruel to their child? “What did you do?” He looked at me with sad eyes. “I left the place which I called home despite all the bad things that happened there. I started to live on the streets. I stole food which I’m not proud of but back then I had no choice. Then one day I was about to run out of the shop as the owner caught me stealing some bread. He shouted at me bad names and was about to call the police when a boy around my age came up to us and said: ‘Mister I will pay for his things so please leave him alone.’ It took a while to persuade the owner to leave the police out of this but eventually Kris managed. Yes, Kris was the boy who helped me back then. After this he just grabbed my hand and brought me back to his home. He just announced to his parents that I would live with him from now. His parents protested a lot which was understandable but Kris said that I’m his new hyung and I will live with him. His parents saw that they couldn’t change his mind and eventually accepted it. Back then he was already rich so it wasn’t like the family couldn’t afford one person more but I felt bad for all this. He treated me so nicely but what could I give him? That’s when I decided to become his servant for life. I devoted my life for the person who offered me help so unselfishly that it slowly healed my heart from the pain it received. He started to become my family.” He smiled with such happiness in his eyes that I could understand the meaning Kris had in his life. Kris was his life, he loved Kris with all his might, which was envious for me.

 

I returned his smile. “Thanks for sharing your story with me.” I patted his hand. “We are friends now that’s why I trust you with this.” Trust, what a great feeling to experience. “I’m sorry…” I mumbled silently. “Why are you sorry?” I carefully looked up to meet a confused Luhan. “For doubting you… I thought that you only treated me nice for the sake of Kris… since I seem to be something to him.” “Well at first it would have been like this but you grew on me really fast. You are different from other people Kris had met. You are the fresh air he needs.” He patted my head. “I don’t understand that… I’m broken with only a few pieces that are glued together but not stable enough to hold for long.” “Broken… that’s what he is as well since she left him…That’s why I believe that if you two work together you can put each piece back for each other and come out as a beautiful picture.” His words made my heart feel warm and curious. Was it possible for me to be fixed again? Who was ‘she’ Luhan had mentioned that broke Kris? So many questions that needed to be answered for the sake of my curious heart. 

 

 

 


Another update for you guys ~

I hope you enjoy it ^-^

And thanks again to all the new + old subscribers 

Love you all <3