Chapter 9

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

 

As soon as we had arrived back at his home, I couldn’t call it home at all; Kris ordered some staff at the mansion to carry everything in my room. In the meantime Kris and I went to the dining room since he wanted to eat lunch with me there. I had the urge to act up again but it probably had ruined the whole ‘nice’ atmosphere around us. For me it was only truce for now, I hadn’t given up on my freedom yet. He could search for someone else who could help him. It didn’t have to be me that was at least my opinion on this.

 

We quietly sat down beside each other; since I figured out he wouldn’t like me to sit anyone else, and waited in silence for our food to arrive. Silence was what surrounded us most of the time and I wondered why he thought that I could help him. These words wouldn’t leave my mind. I wanted to analyze each word for its right meaning but it didn’t help at all. I hadn’t much information about him. I only knew that for Luhan he was his savior, he was the richest and most powerful person in Asia, he had kidnapped me for a reason of its own and he had claimed me as his.

 

All seemed to me like a dream and I waited each second that I would awake to find myself panting in my bedroom but no it didn’t matter how many time I would pinch or slap myself it would be the same. I would be stuck in this house with strangers and a person who would ruin me once I would step out with only one foot of this house without permission. I felt like a little girl who always had to ask for permission if she wants to go somewhere. Though I wouldn’t know how it would feel like. Parents scolding you, parents worrying about you, parents being happy with you, all these things were just fantasies or fairytales told by friends.

 

I was brought back from my thoughts as I was startled from a hand that came from over my shoulder and placed a plate in front of me. I looked up only to be greeted by a smiling Luhan. “Your lunch, Lady Nara.” “Thanks Luhan.” I stare back at my plate. It was some kind of salad with meat pieces sprinkled around. It looked nice and only now I got the feeling of being hungry. I started to eat and I really had forgotten that I wasn’t alone sitting in this room. Kris didn’t say a word and he didn’t make any noises either. I glanced to the side to get a quick glimpse of what he was doing and was surprised that he just stared at his plate. “You should eat.” I silently mumbled. Why I was even worried about him I didn’t know but seeing him like that didn’t feel too good.

“Hmm…” He hummed and grabbed the fork. He slowly started to eat and I continued eating as well. From time to time I would steal glances at him to make sure he was eating. “You can feed me then you wouldn’t have to glance at me every second.” I heard him chuckle and nearly spitted out the piece of meat I just had in my mouth.  “It’s just that I don’t want you to starve, nothing else.” “Oh are you worried about me?” He wore this annoying smirk again and my mood turned sour again. “Whatever.” I huffed and started to munch on my food again. “You’re mood swings a lot.” I heard him say in an amused tone. “You are the right one to say that.” I replied annoyed.

 

“Hmm…” was all I got and I decided that I was full. I stood up abruptly what caused Kris to jump in his seat. “Yah you startled me there.” I didn’t give a reply and walked straight out of the room and in the direction of my room. I actually didn’t know why I was in such a bad mood again. Maybe it was the reason that he thought I would care for him and I didn’t want to admit it. Being worried about your own kidnapper, it sounded too cliché. I sighed and started to walk slower. Suddenly I was yanked back. “Yah what do you think you’re doing?” I shouted as I was spun around only to face a somewhat angry looking Kris. “What’s wrong with you? The mood was somewhat good seconds ago and then you just stormed out of the room. I don’t get you!” He half shouted and I had to admit I was a bit scared but I was determined to not let it show. I yanked my hand out of his grip and held on to it with my other. “I was just full already.” I mumbled loud enough for him to hear. “Yeah right that’s why you suddenly stormed out of the room. You still don’t like being with me?” I looked up at him and saw a glint of hurt in them which made me feel bad for an unknown reason. He was my kidnapper why would I feel bad when I hurt him? “How can I? You took everything away from me suddenly. Do you think because you bought me all these things that I would suddenly like you?” “No, I never thought of you as someone who would hold money as something meaningful but I thought that we got along as we spend some time together. I know that you liking me can’t be done in just 2 days. I understand as much as this but you not being able to stand my presence is something I’m not capable to understand.” I looked lost at him. I as well didn’t know why I was so moody around him. I was never someone who would hold grudges against people.  

 

It wasn’t like he treated me bad. He didn’t ask anything of me since I was here. Okay sure he locked me in a room but he didn’t let me starve. He was a person I just couldn’t understand. “It’s just you took it away…” “I know I took your apartment and everything you had and if you miss your stuff that much you can have some as I let it have stored.” He said now a bit calmer. I shook my head though. “I’m not clingy to all these things though I think I would like some stuff of mine near me, it’s not what I meant. You took ‘me’ away. I was confident in myself but now I’m afraid of a person like you.” I shook my head again. “What do you mean a person like me?” “A person who thinks so highly of himself, always sure that whatever he does it will be successful, even if you did something illegally you would get away with it. I know people like this, like you too well.” Memories of 3 men storming in our house in the middle of the night appeared in my mind. “People who can do everything… and get away… I despise people like that.” I looked up at him and he seemed confused. “Do you really think I’m like these filthy people who will use every trick they have to achieve what they want? I built everything I have now on my own. I know the rumors of me being something like a mafia boss but what do these people know? What do you know?” he angrily said with such seriousness in his voice. Was it true? Were these all just rumors? Was he really just a hard-working man? Was he really just a victim of being used from filthy criminals? So many questions but so few answers. 

 

 

 

 


 

Wah 41 Subscribers? I'm really touched *wipes tears away*

I'm so thankful to everyone who supports this story *bows*

I hope you enjoy this update