Chapter 10

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

 

After this somewhat weird conversation we just parted ways. I went back to my room and he went to his study as I assumed. I killed time with a bit reading and thinking about the words Kris said. Did I misunderstand him? Was he actually a nice person but his methods were bad because he didn’t know better? It still wouldn’t answer why he had chosen me. I was confused with all the words spoken.

 

At about 5 pm Luhan appeared in my room and told me I had to get ready for the charity event. I was unwilling to go as I had to face Kris again but what could I do about it? Playing sick?  I didn’t know if it would actually help me or bring me into more bad situations so I just did what I was expected to do. I took a shower and when I came back into the room I was greeted by a hair- and make-up stylist. Before he could start he asked me what I would wear so I went to my walk-in closet and searched for the dress I would wear. I decided to wear a fancy white dress and then the stylist started to work on my face and hair. It was an unknown feeling for me to be treated like a princess. I barely visited a hairdresser since I had no time for it.

 

I actually enjoyed it being treated like that but I didn’t have to have it all the time. Once in a while was fine and I hoped after this event I wouldn’t have to go to an event in a while. After the stylist finished his work I just awed at my reflection in the mirror. I looked actually pretty. I wasn’t the person to look at her appearance or judged people by how they looked. People were all different else this world wouldn’t be fun. I said goodbye to the stylist and put the dress on. I went out of the room and decided to wait in the living room. I wandered around the house since I hadn’t been at the living room before. Now that I thought about it I didn’t really see anything of this house. Maybe Luhan could give me a tour when he would have time to spare for me. I just walked some more and found myself lost. I looked around to find something that looked familiar but to no avail. I sighed and started to walk again.

 

Finally I found a person who I could ask for directions. “Sorry.” I shouted. The person turned around and I widened my eyes. What was this mansion? A house where all good-looking boys were stored? In front of me stood a young, handsome man. He had black hair and cute little dark circles beneath his eyes that highlighted the blackness of his eyes. “Ah you must be Nara.” He said with a smile and looked at me from head to toe. “You are really beautiful.” I blushed at his smile and compliments. “T-thanks.” I shyly said. “Ah let me introduce myself. I’m Tao and the personal assistant and best friend of Kris.” “Nice to meet you.” “The pleasure is mine.” He charmingly smiled. He was definitely a womanizer. “Did you need anything?” He asked me with an arched eyebrow. “Yes, I got lost while searching for the living room. Could you show me the way?” I asked embarrassed while rubbing my neck. I could hear a chuckle and looked up to meet the amused face of Tao. “I guess you are still not used to this big house. I think you can walk with Kris as he should come out of his room any second.” He said while pointing to the door beside him. “I see.” I mumbled not too happy to have to see him so soon.

 

“I guess I have to thank you though.” Confused at his words I looked up. “For what?” I furrowed my eyebrows not understanding what he was trying to say. “He was a bit angry this morning when he found out that there were some troubles within the company. Some employee thought he could sell secret data to one of our competitors. Of course we took action quickly and fired the employee. Though for Kris it was hard. He hates firing people and mistrust. As soon as someone signs an employment in his company Kris will trust this person with his life. I was happy that going shopping with you put him in a better mood.  But I guess you could say he is a bit naïve when it comes to people who he doesn’t have to make business deals with. When it comes to business he is a sharp man and would figure everything out but else….” Tao sighed. “Why are you telling me all these things?” I asked confused. “Because this time I don’t think he made the wrong choice.” “This time? I thought I was the only one he had kidnapped?” I asked a bit angry. He chuckled again. “You are the only one. He acted rashly in your case. I as well was surprised that he would do something like this. He is a kind person but sometimes his betrayed heart makes decisions his mind doesn’t necessarily considers good. In the past-“ he started but was interrupted by the opening of the door beside him. We both looked at the figure in front of us. Kris wore a smooth fitting suit. I had to admit he was more than handsome. “Tao are you talking too much again?” He sighed while closing the door. “No, I don’t talk too much, right Rara?” I looked confused at him. “Rara?” He pouted. “Yeah Rara is my new nickname for you it sounds cuter than Nara. You don’t mind right?” I smiled being happy that I received a nickname for the first time in my life. “I don’t mind.” “Good, now that’s settled. Kris why do you look so pissed? And why didn’t compliment your beautiful girl right here?” I blushed and pressed my hands in front of my face. “Can you please stop saying I’m beautiful?” “Why? It’s true Rara.”

“Yah Tao that’s enough! Stop flirting with her.” “Yes sir. I will go now. Have fun at the party.” I looked through my fingers and saw Tao walking past me while he patted my shoulder. “I’m sorry he likes to talk much.” I placed my hands down again and smiled. “It’s fine. He is nice to be with.” “Hmm… Sometimes.” He hummed and I could imagine Kris being annoyed by Tao’s blabbering. “Let’s go.” He carefully grabbed my hand and started walking while I trailed behind him. 

 

 


I hope you like the update ~

Love you all <3

ps. the next chapter will be dramatic? :D