Chapter 8

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

 

Some minutes passed and the lady came back with two other girls. They all had an amount of clothes in their hands, I was shocked. He wouldn’t buy me that much, right? But he just made his way to the lady behind the counter thing and paid. I didn’t dare to look at the end price or else I would have fainted there. I saw the ladies packing all the things nicely in bags and now I walked to Kris to help with caring the bags. As the women had everything packed they threw me one last disgusted glance before handing us the bags with clothes. Before I actually could grab a bag each of them was quickly taken by Kris and he just walked out of the shop. I quickly trailed behind him bowing as a sign of my politeness. We quickly arrived at the car and his driver greeted us. He took the bags from Kris and placed them in the trunk. Kris and I got in the car and some seconds later the driver did as well. “Master Wu, where should I drive next?” “We still need a dress for her so bring us to whichever shop has nice dresses.” He answered in a monotone voice. “As you wish, Sir.” I felt weird being left out in the conversation. He had said I should wait for the clothes to arrive before I could head to say what I think about them but he actually didn’t ask anymore, he just bought them. I pouted. “This is totally no fun.” I mumbled to myself and start to stare out of the window. “Did you say something?” I heard Kris asking beside me. “No.” I said while still staring out of the window not bothering to look at him. I heard him sigh beside me and I felt quite upset.

 

He had no reason to sigh. He was the one all being angry with no reason and I had to put up with him not the other why round. “I didn’t introduce you to the driver yet. His name is Suho.” “Nice to meet you, Lady Nara.” “Nice to meet you as well, Suho.”

It was silent again and it didn’t bother me this time. I enjoyed staring outside. It was the only way to see the outside world which I longed for so much. Being in that shop wasn’t my world. I felt out of place and I could clearly see that I wasn’t made to be in a world like that. “Are you mad at me?” Surprised I turned my head to face Kris. I tilted my head. “Other than the usual kidnap thing, no.”  He chuckled and I wondered if he was in a better mood again. “I see.” I turned back around to face the window again. “You don’t like talking with me.” “I try to avoid it.” I answered him honestly. “You really don’t like me.” It didn’t sound like a question more like a statement. I didn’t answer him. “I can understand that though it doesn’t change the fact that I won’t let you go.” His voice sounded a bit sad. Somehow it gave off the feeling of feeling sorry but not being able to change something about the situation. Again I didn’t answer him. I didn’t even know what I should have replied to this.

 

After some more minutes of awkwardness we finally arrived at the next shop. Again I couldn’t help but to aw as we entered the shop. Everywhere I looked were beautiful evening dresses. “Pick whatever you like, just this time really do it.” I nodded my head and quickly went to look at all the dresses. I had a hard time deciding on the right one. So I picked 3 different ones and walked back to Kris. “What do you think, which dress suits me better?” I looked expectant at him. “I think all of them would look good at you.” And now I definitely knew that he had a better mood now and somehow I got one as well. “Eh? But that doesn’t help me to pick one.” I pouted. “That’s fine we take all you like.” My eyes doubled in size once again. “But you already spent so much for me in the last store.” “What you consider much isn’t really much for me.” He chuckled and I blushed. I felt like a little kid who wasn’t able to understand the world yet. I quickly handed him the three dresses and went back to look for some more dresses. I was way too embarrassed to stay beside him. I picked five more dresses and felt quite bad for it already. I didn’t like to spend his money even though I still considered him as a bad person. I walked back to him with the other dresses. “I’m happy with these dresses.” I showed them all to him and he nodded. “You’re sure? Nothing else you want here?” I shook my head. “Okay but you only have dresses you need shoes as well. They are farther in the back.” I nodded and was ready to look for them when I felt a hand on my wrist. I looked up with an angry stare. “Sorry, but please wait. I will give the lady your dresses and we look for shoes together.” He released my hand again and went to the saleslady to give her the dresses I had picked. He came back and together we walked further into the store. I still could feel his hand lingering around my wrist, it was a weird sensation I felt.

 

We finished shopping as I had picked some pairs of shoes that could be worn for different occasions. All in all the day wasn’t bad until now. I could only hope that this charity event at the evening wouldn’t be too bad.

 

 

 


I hope you like the update <3

Please tell me what you think of the story until now so I can try and improve it ~

And thanks ot all the subies, readers and commenters <3

love you all