Chapter 13

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

 

After I dressed myself in pajamas I went straight to bed. I felt too exhausted to do anything else. It was strange; the feeling of being cared for so much was strange for me. Of course at work you had you partners who you worried about, who you cared for like family but it was a bit different here. It felt different. Growing up in an orphanage the keepers there had tried their best that the children felt at least a tiny bit loved but I wasn’t ready to receive that. I was traumatized by my past. I had lost my will to speak and stayed alone. No one knew what I knew. People didn’t know what had happened to my parents. Everyone thought they were kidnapped or carried away. The blood pools in the living room and bedroom of my parents proofed different.

 

I hated thinking about my past but it was part of me so at some point I couldn’t forget it. I could ignore it but never forget it. I sighed and stared at the ceiling. If I would stay here, would I be able to come to peace with it? I was not sure of that answer. People worried about me but they did it for the sake of their Master. Their Master ‘likes’ me and they treated me nice. I couldn’t really figure out if they liked me for who I was or for whom I was to their Master. My head began to spin with all these things in my head. I tried to think of nothing bad only beautiful things like snow. I loved snow it made everything even prettier than it had been. I wondered if I still would be here when the first snow would fall. How long I was going to stay here to play the doll of his, I didn’t know. Only the future could answer me this question. I sighed and finally closed my eyes. I fell asleep eventually but as nightmares were entering, sleeping became so dreadful.

 

I woke up due the sound of heavy knocking on the front door. Slowly I got out of the bed and made my way to the door. I opened it only a bit so I could peek through it and try to recognize the voice that was speaking to my father. “Your payment is due. We already waited for it a week. We gave you time so why haven’t you paid yet?” The man at the door sounded scary. “Please just give me some more time. I couldn’t get all the money together.” I heard my mother joining the conversation. “Who are these people, Honey?” “Ah no one you need to worry about.” “Oh is that your beautiful wife?” I heard the creepy guy asking. “Please get back in the bedroom, Mina.” “Oh no, she doesn’t go anywhere.” I heard my mother scream. “Let me go.” My father pleaded to let my mother free. I stormed out of the room and down the stairs in hope to help my parents. “Leave my mommy alone.” The 8-year-old me tried her best to defend her beloved ones. “Haha what do we have here?” I was met with a big guy with large hands and a scar across his right cheek. “Isn’t these your lovely daughter?” He tried to come to me but my mother blocked his way. “Do whatever you wish with me but don’t you dare to touch my daughter.” “Mommy!” I cried out and clung on to her nightdress from behind. “What a strong wife you have.” The man said while turning to my father who was hold down by another man. I looked around and spotted two more men around the room. All looked as scary as the man in front of my mother. “But-“ he turned around to face me and my mother again. “I know something that will let her break down.” He slowly walked towards us, halfway taking out a knife. I clung harder on my mother but she shoved me further behind. “Please don’t hurt my wife or my daughter. They didn’t have done wrong. It was me who borrowed the money from you and couldn’t pay back. They didn’t know about it.” My father desperately shouted. “Shut up! I do what I want.” He made a weird sign with his hand and I looked at the man who held my father down. He too was pulling out a knife. He placed it on my dad’s throat. “No don’t hurt my daddy.” I ran towards the man and punched his legs as hard as I could. But he just pulled me on the collar and threw me across the room. I could feel how my head hit the wall hard. “Nara! Nara!” I heard my mother cry out in despair.

 

Panting and covered in sweat I awoke. I looked around the room trying to focus on something that would distract my thoughts. My eyes landed on the window and I figured out that it had to be morning already. I shook my head and slapped my cheeks. I slowly stood up and made my way to the bathroom to shower. I wanted to get rid of all the sweat and bad thoughts that invaded my sleep. As soon as I finished I stepped out of the bathroom and walked towards the balcony. I needed some fresh air. I opened it and stepped out. I inhaled the fresh air which caused me to feel a comfortable shiver run down my spine. “Nara? Where are you?” I faintly heard Luhan’s voice shout. “I’m on the balcony.” I shouted back. Some seconds later I could feel a presence behind me. “Nara you still have wet hair you shouldn’t be outside when it’s cold like that.” “It’s fine I needed some fresh air.” “Please come back inside. Master Kris is waiting for you to join him for breakfast.” “I’m not hungry Luhan.” I said while remembering my dream and yesterday’s events. I wasn’t in the mood to eat or to see Kris. Unconsciously I placeed my hand on my neck. I nearly had forgotten the marks that the old man had left. “But Nara please eat at least a bit.” I looked up to meet the worried gaze of Luhan and my heart clenched. You shouldn’t look at me like that. Don’t look at me like I mean something to you, were my only thoughts.  

 

 

 

 


 

I haven't updated for some time >.<

Sorry but I hope you enjoy this update ^-^

And a big thank you to all the 62 subbies *wipes tears away*

I'm really happy ^o^