The Only Times He Would Do That

Angel of Death

Last Chapter

“Hope this can help you. Give it to me when you finished reading it.”

It read. Hayi smiled sweetly at the girl beside her. Somehow, she wanted a friendship between her and the black haired girl to bloom.


Chapter 8

“And why can’t you!?”, a voice echoed in the house. “Well, yeah. I have work too. And that girl has her life! She’s old enough to take care of herself!”, another voice protested.

     Sehun sighed. He pressed the off button, making the tv screen blank and the bickering between husband and wife was gone. He thought about the drama he accidentally watched. He sighed again. “Why is my boy sighing all day?”, Suho sat beside the boy who was on the couch.

“I don’t know. It’s about Hayoung.”, Sehun leaned back, resting his neck.

“It’s always been about her. Have you ever talked about anyone else? So what’s about her?”, Suho wrapped an arm around the boy’s shoulders.

“We know about her being Angel. She’s been killing people. Leaving lots of unsolved cases. I bet there’s even a file named ‘Angel of Death’ somewhere in the police office.”, of course Sehun didn’t mind all that. All he cared was Hayoung. Her safety. Suho pulled Sehun closer. He could hear the other’s heart beating fast. He must be nervous because Hayoung wasn’t back home yet.

     He looked at the clock striking midnight. “Go to bed first. She’ll be back, I promise.”, Suho muttered.

“Can’t we stay like this for a little while? I need some comfort.”, Sehun leaned in, his head resting on the elder’s shoulder. Suho knew what made the younger worried. Must be the nightmare again. Sehun rarely makes skinship with him. All he does was fight him with a breeze or little typhoons. The only times he would be like this was when he gets worried about Hayoung too much.

 

ANGEL OF DEATH

 

     A click of the door was heard. The girl looked at both of the guys sleeping on the couch soundly. She slowly went upstairs without making any sound to take a shower and change into pajamas. Suho only woke up realizing the girl has already joined them. She had her head on Sehun’s lap, fast asleep. Sehun’s words replayed in his mind. He knew Sehun was worried that the girl might get caught and be jailed or worst,death. He didn’t even remember how the girl started doing this. He remembered the warden’s words when he adopted the two siblings.

{FLASHBACK}

     “Why are they isolated from everyone?”, Suho asked the ladt beside him who happened to be the manager of the foster-house.

“They weren’t like that before. They were two of the cheerful kids here. However, an incident changed them. Since then, they became introvert kids. Playing with only both of them. They lost their smile.”, the lady stared at both kids. The younger was playing with building blocks while the elder played with her hair. “I hope someone nice will adopt them and make them smile.”, she continued.

Suho thought he had seen the girl somewhere before. Her face looked familiar. “Can I..be that person?”, he turned to her, hoping that she would give it.

“We will have to watch on you before signing the contract. We wouldn’t want them to experience the same thing.”, he nodded.

“But..may I know what incident that happened to them?”, he asked.

The lady sighed. “It’s a long story.”

{END OF FLASHBACK}

     Suho felt the weight on his shoulder was lifted. Sehun sighed. Both of them could feel the stiff on their neck. Suho watched Sehun who was caressing his younger sister’s hair. He could see a faint smile on the younger’s lips. He was relieved she came back safely. “Sehun-ah, take her upstairs. She needs some rest. There’s still a few time before sunrise.”, Suho spoke. The brown-haired boy followed his order, bringing the youngest into the bedroom. The eldest sighed again. Leaning back against the couch, he covered his closed eyes with his forearm. The lady’s words echoing in his head.

     The next few hours, it was sunrise. Suho was cooking breakfast in the kitchen. He had invited the single man from the other’s house to join them. Minseok was a god helper. Maybe he learned how to cook because of his single life, just like Suho. The only difference was the existence of two annoying kids. “Minseok-ssi, can you go upstairs and wake the two up?”, Suho asked. Of course, the other went to get them but then came down saying he didn’t have the heart to do so. As a result, Suho check on them instead. He looked at the view in front of him. The nerve cells in his body was activating like crazy. “Yah, OH SEHUN! When I told you to bring her upstairs, I didn’t mean to sleep with her! Now, get up, you sister complex!”, and so, the war between ‘water’ and ‘wind’ started first in the morning with Minseok who was left alone in the kitchen, trying to ignore their fight.


“Hayoung-ah, let’s go buy you some clothes. You need other colour than black.”,

-“Sehun-ssi?”,

‘Please. I don’t want to experience that again. Hayoung-ah, where are you?’,

-“Don’t you wonder how she knew my name? She never met me before.”

Next Chapter - Things That Girl Know by Herself

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

A/N: so how was it this far? The next chapter? A NEW CHARACTER! :P